Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...or Paul, aka Kissmyss03
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to change my fluid right away going to try this stuff; http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...p?categoryID=8 D6ATF
Old 04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH yeah...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

I was thinking about switching to Amsoil ATF when the time comes...don't think it's much more than OEM stuff.

Now, I haven't felt the clunk again, but shifts are still funky from time to time. Just yesterday, when accelerating w/part throttle in the city, it hit a point when it should have shifted and didn't...the RPM's just kept slowly climbing as if they knew it should be shifting but it wasn't. Unfortunately, the only way I can replicate this behavior on demand (sometimes) is if I accelerate hard from a stop, then let off a little and hold the throttle. IMO, they may consider this "oddly aggressive" and attribute that style to why it's not shifting correctly. Even still, I'm sure I couldn't do it when I needed to show them.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I beleive if they scan the tcm they should find a code for the trans slipping. You wont see the light on the dash but they should ee it in the computer. That should be all they need to fix it with out an issue.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

OK, good to know. Going to schedule an appt with the dealer for next week when my uncle is in there.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I was thinking about switching to Amsoil ATF when the time comes...don't think it's much more than OEM stuff.

Now, I haven't felt the clunk again, but shifts are still funky from time to time. Just yesterday, when accelerating w/part throttle in the city, it hit a point when it should have shifted and didn't...the RPM's just kept slowly climbing as if they knew it should be shifting but it wasn't. Unfortunately, the only way I can replicate this behavior on demand (sometimes) is if I accelerate hard from a stop, then let off a little and hold the throttle. IMO, they may consider this "oddly aggressive" and attribute that style to why it's not shifting correctly. Even still, I'm sure I couldn't do it when I needed to show them.
Shift aggressiveness is based on throttle position as well try holding the throttle at a firm place to accelerate and do not move it you will notice your shifts are firm. I used to get the Clunk to when driving around parking lots and goosing it and then letting off it would shift bang. It has to do with position of the throttle and the timing that you let off its just programing thats causing it
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh but dont let that stop you from trying to get it to malfunction regularly since that will still back up your claim. So keep at it hehehe

Just keep the molten rubber off the wheel wells.