Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have this...
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...jpg?1205600052

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...jpg?1205600051

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...jpg?1205600388

They aren't dead on....Unless somone has a better shot....

Last edited by Count of Monte Carlo; 04-09-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealership said they can't warranty it , they said GM wil want the part back and they will end up being charged once they see it was due to road conditions so i'm just going to order 1 BMR lateral arm and replace em as they bend lol
Old 04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

IDK that you can replace just one or the other. WOuldn't that cause handling irregularities?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

No these parts only move in one direction as long as i have a alignment done after also this oem one is bent to **** and i don't notice anything. Besides the OEM one is 100 bucks cheaper and i think i might just replace it with OEM cause i doubt this will happen again.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone ever ordered from gmpartsdirect.com ? they have the rod i need for bout 30 bucks cheaper. If you have ordered does it take them long to ship ? thx.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, it takes them FOREVER to ship...almost 3 weeks on the STB's I ordered and a month on the TPMS sensors. If you become an active member at NAIOA, ZSPOT might be able to cut you a break on the part.

Or you can sign up at ClubGP and order from Monster Parts.

However, I can't imagine there's not a GM supporting vendor here to order from...so check it out. (Maybe www.SDPC2000.com or http://www.gmperformancepartszone.com/)
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sint3k
I was working on my exhaust cutout because it had seized up from rust while iw as under the car i got to noticing one of the control arms "i think thats what its called" was bent probably from a hitting the dear a few months ago! I looked on the other side and its bent to accept the one towards the rear of the car accept the one towards the front. Hopefully my warranty will cover this!

yeah, reviving an old thread here...

how the hell did that get bent??

I've just got done hitting some BAD potholes and "speed bumps" on the highway doin 50-60mph, and just checked my **** out... everything is still fine and straight...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

aaah, ok... that makes me feel better... heh..

yeah, cuz they're doing work on the highways around here... grinding it down and re-paving.... well, eastbound, the ridge between the grinding and the old road, they didn't smooth out the transition so well, and it's a friggin speed bump, and I mean HARD....

thought my front/rear end was gonna fall off...

but after looking at everything from underneath tonight, everything is still straight and tight...

whew!!!

nothing like what the pictures show in this thread...

heh...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, searched before and found that pic too... ny **** DEFINITELY doesn't look like that...

don't even have the small curve/bend that the OP has...

so I'm good...

whew!!

hehe

Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah, searched before and found that pic too... ny **** DEFINITELY doesn't look like that...

don't even have the small curve/bend that the OP has...

so I'm good...

whew!!

hehe
I think it was from doing several 360's after clipping a deer. I actually havn't replaced it yet i will be buying the part tomorrow odd timing. I just bought the haynes manual to make sure there wasn't anything special i needed to do to remove it. They do recommend you drop the crossmember on the side your replacing and leave the other side bolted up. I don't really know a safe place to put the jack to hold the rear up besides on the suspention. There are the pinch weld spots where the unibody is for the OEM jack but i'm afraid i'll bend the metal if i put my jack there. Maybe i can get a adapter for the jack that will fit.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use the square tube part of the uni where the rear clip meets the body. Theres a spot right before the rear and just behind the fronts. Standard jack pad grabs it ok.

No issues in several cars.

Quick Reply: Bent Suspention!