LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Someone shot my window

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone shot my window

So this morning I get up with my kids and next thing I know there is a cop knocking at my door. He informs me that my drivers side front window has been "shot out". I go up there and look and someone shot my window with a pellet gun. Fortunately it didn't penetrate and the window tint held the window together. Nothing was stolen.

According to the cop there has been a series of these happening in the last 3 days. Upwards of 30 cars have been hit by whoever is doing it. Fortunately I have free glass replacement so it's not too huge, but it's irritating none the less when someone thinks messing up other peoples property is fun.

Anyway just had to vent, looks like buffalo has it worse then me right now.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

It's those damn teenagers with their Grand Auto Theft vid'a games!

Seriously, though, that sucks. My brother shattered my front window on my old Toronado Trofeo and it was a bitch to find a replacement (not a very common car apparently).
Old 05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

sucks man, sorry to hear it. I have a '95 9c1 (Caprice Cop Car) and I have had the windshield shot out twice (once when my brother was driving it on Christmas Eve some years back). hopefully the glass won't be too much cash and they catch the tool that did it for you. Then go right to small claims court!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Well the glass is free through my insurance. The tint will cost something I guess. I already have a case number so if they catch these clowns I'm assuming something might happen not sure. But I'm keeping all the reciepts.

I don't blame video games for this. Doing so takes the accountability away the assclown that decided this was something that they should do.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that sucks man I feel for ya. I've have a few windows broken when I didn't have garaged parking. Probably some punk kids in your case. Hope they get caught.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by caseymac
Well the glass is free through my insurance. The tint will cost something I guess. I already have a case number so if they catch these clowns I'm assuming something might happen not sure. But I'm keeping all the reciepts.

I don't blame video games for this. Doing so takes the accountability away the assclown that decided this was something that they should do.
The insurance will pay for the tint as well
Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Got the tint redone today. $50. Not even sure if I should bother squeezing insurance for it lol.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

it happens here at least once a year, the kids from the suburbs come into the city bored at night and go around shooting out whole blocks of cars with pellet guns...

we lost two windshields in one morning
Old 05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

might as well try, hell either way ur payin 4 it, just might be a bit cheaper if they pay 4 it now, as you already paid 4 it once already.

Quick Reply: Someone shot my window