LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008 | 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Hey 06MonteSS thanks for the clip. It pretty much sounds like i thought it would. That rasp when u let off after reving....is it noticable when driving? I noticed it on a few other ls4's but thought it might be cause they removed the res. Thanks again
Old 07-30-2008 | 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
15 Year Member

rasp?? hmmm... it must have been the vid camera angle or something - maybe I had it sitting down too low... because I have NO rasp whatsoever... have stood behind it listening to it while a buddy drove it down the street... it's just a nice deep growl...

you talking about that little bit of "airy" sound right at the end of the rev, as it's coming back down just before it gets to idle?? eh, that's not rasp, well, I don't call it rasp - heh, and i've heard raspy exhaust... it did that with the stock setup too...

it's almost like it's just air coming out with no force behind it pushing it out like when you're on the gas...

eh, anyway... haven't ever heard that "airy" noise while driving and there's a load on the engine/exhaust...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-31-2008 | 05:19 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah thats what i was refering to. Nothing like hearing your own car pull away with someone else driving. Thanks again for all the help.