LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Superchips for Ls4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips for Ls4s

What do you guys think about Superchips and does it have transmission support? It claims 14.9hp and 13.8lbs torque and can it shut off the (DOD)(AFM)part#2815 for $399 and the $499 is the same thing your just paying extra for a 2 year warranty, it is seperated from the GTOs unlike the Diablosport.www.superchips.com

Last edited by Ls4GXP; 07-27-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by neilownz
2825 is the one it came up with for me
380 at autoanything

just get hptuners. this thing looks ghetto and might diappoint.
You can find the part # under the referance chart I just had good experiance with superchips on my 2004 GTO.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Here's a thread about it. A couple guys on Club GP were the guinea pigs for that programmer.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Launching!

I'd go the HP Tuner route. It doesn't cost that much more and you've got way more parameters you can adjust. I like being able to tell the computer what to do...not loading somebody elses tune to do it. Go with HP Tuners, you'll be a lot happier with it. Trust me
Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MonteSS8707
I'd go the HP Tuner route. It doesn't cost that much more and you've got way more parameters you can adjust. I like being able to tell the computer what to do...not loading somebody elses tune to do it. Go with HP Tuners, you'll be a lot happier with it. Trust me
With HP Tuner whats the advertised hp gain on a stock GXP? Will it be more than 14.9hp as advertised on superchips?..........Or it all depends how you adjusted your settings??
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ls4GXP
With HP Tuner whats the advertised hp gain on a stock GXP? Will it be more than 14.9hp as advertised on superchips?..........Or it all depends how you adjusted your settings??
HPT doesn't advertise a HP gain. They are just providing the tool to allow you to optimize the tune, whether it's a stock or modified drivetrain.

The big advantage to HPT (or other PC based tuning products) is that you can modify things to suit your particular engine/transmission/driving habits, and are not relying on a tune that may have been developed on an engine with slightly different characteristics. If you eventually get into mods that significantly change the breathing of the engine, a canned tune probably won't be optimal.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TiredGXP
HPT doesn't advertise a HP gain. They are just providing the tool to allow you to optimize the tune, whether it's a stock or modified drivetrain.

The big advantage to HPT (or other PC based tuning products) is that you can modify things to suit your particular engine/transmission/driving habits, and are not relying on a tune that may have been developed on an engine with slightly different characteristics. If you eventually get into mods that significantly change the breathing of the engine, a canned tune probably won't be optimal.

What he said. Speaking of, Tired GXP i need to talk to you about some things in with HP Tuner. I pm you sometime soon. Just some tuning questions and what worked for you. Like I said I'll pm u soon.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Has anyone used Superchip yet on this forum?
Let us Know how it is. I was just about set on ordering
from Vince at Trifecta. Now I see this And its got my attention.
I dont really have the time for Hp tuner w/ two kids and working OT
to pay for gas. My buddy owns a truck mod place and he has an 04 GMC diesel
and he swears by the Superchip flashpaq. I know the gains on a diesel are awesome
(like 90 horse and 170 lbs torque) But he says the thing works great and he recomends
it. and I trust him.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

superchips = the SUCK....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by jnod
My buddy owns a truck mod place and he has an 04 GMC diesel
and he swears by the Superchip flashpaq. I know the gains on a diesel are awesome
(like 90 horse and 170 lbs torque) But he says the thing works great and he recomends
it. and I trust him.
ALL diesels gain more by being tuned, cuz they're set up to be soooo rich from the factory...

diablosport predator's for diesels can get 125+ hp/tq, easily...

and even more once you get them dialed in...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-16-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I know the gains on a diesel are more. I wasnt expecting to get that on our cars.
Just the 14 0r 15 they're saying. I was saying that a reputable source of mine speaks highly of the product. I didnt think i was gaining 90 horse.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, you will get the 15+ hp/tq improvement with a Diablosport Predator... I have dyno sheets that show it...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Thats great.. And if they supported my 08 Impala I would have had it two months ago.
Monte ..you should know that. And listen.. i dont own stock in superchip so i really dont need to sell a product for them. But the 07 and 08 guys havent had a hand held option till now. And correct me if im wrong (and i probobly am) but it seams that superchip supports Tcm where Diablo does not? right or wrong? Like I said I was set on
trifecta but like the idea of owning the hand held.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I hear ya man... you are correct in the fact that diablo does not have TCM support at this point for your (or my) vehicle... and I wasn't trying to "sell" the predator on that fact...

only to the point that there are much better products out there than the superchips stuff...

here's a shootout of all the handhelds... diablosport predator comes in at #2 for Track times/scores... and #1 in other areas...

they were only beaten on the track, SLIGHTLY, by "Motorvation", whom I have never heard of...

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._in/index.html

Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jnod
Thats great.. And if they supported my 08 Impala I would have had it two months ago.
Monte ..you should know that. And listen.. i dont own stock in superchip so i really dont need to sell a product for them. But the 07 and 08 guys havent had a hand held option till now. And correct me if im wrong (and i probobly am) but it seams that superchip supports Tcm where Diablo does not? right or wrong? Like I said I was set on
trifecta but like the idea of owning the hand held.
Sounds like superchips would work for you go for it and you will be the first Ls4 here to get one then post the results I to am interested, not gonna build my GXP into super race car, just a safe and reliable fast car 6.0 GTO on the way2play.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks monte.. that was some pretty good reading.
Says good things about DS and Superchips. But its kinda leaning me
towards superchip since Ds is not an option for me.
But thanks for your help
Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Im going w Trifecta or Superchip w/ in two weeks . Doing exhaust first..
Ill post w/ decision
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

cool man, glad to help... at least it helps ya to make a better-informed decision that way...

enjoy!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Launching!

just ordered superchips yesterday should be here by friday will post results after tuned.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

EFI LIVE and HP TUNERS both have support for these cars guys. Find a tuner that knows what he is doing and that has tuned one of these cars already. Programmers are a thing of the past, all they do is BLOW stuff up. There is NO one tune that fits all.

Quick Reply: Superchips for Ls4s