LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Considering selling the Monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Considering selling the Monte

Well folks I don't want to sell it but I might have to. Ya see we are expecting another child and I don't think I'll be able to get a rear facing child seat in the back. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she fits in it just fine, so that was why I got the 2 door, never really expected to have another kid. So, I've seen a blueish GXP at a local dealer that I may go look at. Does anyone know off hand if you can fit a rearfacing child seat in either the Monte or the GXP? I need to be able to fit the whole familly in it, meaning I don't want to have the front seat all the way forward, just to be able to fit the carseat in. I figured I'd ask before I go and trash my basement to get the carseat out. Thanks as always.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a rear facing child seat in the middle of the back of my impala with the front seats all the way back and partially reclined. It fits on the side with the seats just mildly forward. Let me tell you it fits much better than in my wife's Subaru
Old 08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my son in a rear facing seat in the back of my monte, no problem.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea that's how owers is as well, I've got like 6 more months till the new rug-rat gets here, so no hurry on my part. I'm going to be in the basement getting out the maternity cloths anyways so I'll find the base and carseat to check fitment as well. I'm hoping it will fit decently, I really like my MCSS. Oh and I checked online about that blueish GXP, its an 05 with almost 40K on it for $15,999, to many miles on it for me so I won't even go look. Thanks again guys.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, Ive said it before, but not being able to fit a rear facing car seat behind the driver or pass is a big reason why I got rid of my Impala. There was very little room for my 2 yr old's seat for that matter, except in the middle. I'm 6ft even. But it wasn't even close to having enough room......And......uhhhhhh......TBSS's are quicker than ls4 powered cars anyway!!!!!

Seriously though, the seats fit easily in my wifes old Malibu Maxx, and fit great in her new/used Honda Accord (it was on our used lot for a good price). Your gonna just have to put a rear facing seat behind you and see if it will work, for you or your wife.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Teching In

The Rear Facing Seah Thing Shouldn't Be A Problem. I Got Through That Stage And It Only Lasted A Few Months Anyway. I Put Teh Rear Facing On The Rear Passenger's Side Moved The Fro Seat Up A Little Bit And Straightened It Up. But When It Came Down To It, My Wife Wanted To Sit In The Back With Him (ej) About 70% Of The Time. .....
Now If Your Wife Is Using That As A Reason To Get You To Sell Your Monte That's Another Story And Its Completely Up To You. I Don't Have To Lve With That Prssure
Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

The wife hasn't even mentioned a word about it not fitting. Its my car anyways, she does drive it ocassionaly, it would be my decision if it stays or goes in the end. I just don't wanna be beating up the car trying to get the carrier into the backseat. Whereas a 4 door probably wouldn't be an issue, but from the above post appearently the Impala's rear seat must be pretty small to not be able to fit the rearfacing carseat easily.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think whoever had the problem fitting the seat in the rear must have had a convertible seat rather than an infant seat. I can fit my infant rear facing car seat in the middle of the back with no problem and on either side with the seat only partially up. I have the larger infant seat as well (30lbs rather than the standard 22 lbs). 2 door may be a little challenging in and out, but with my impala it has been no problem.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Teching In

I Had One That Has A Base. The Base Stayed In The Car And The Seat Goes In And Out And Just Clicks Into Place. My Family Always Thought It Would Be Hard To Get In Until They Saw Me Just Drop It In The Back Seat. Thos Things Made Life Easier. I Don't Know What I Would Have Done If I'd Needed To Strap The Car Seat In With A Seat Belt Each Time.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

jayklef5....Just Wondering What Is Up With The Capital Letters All The Time???

Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Teching In

I can fit two car seats in my camaro or my dd integra w/o too much problem. Don't change the car because of the seat. There are many different seat/base combos that will fit in the car, just take the car and test fit before you buy. After a year you can turn the baby around and then most any seat should fit.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Teching In

SORRY i mean sorry. had caps lock on and was too lazy to take it off. i wasn't yelling.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SILVER LS4
Well, Ive said it before, but not being able to fit a rear facing car seat behind the driver or pass is a big reason why I got rid of my Impala. There was very little room for my 2 yr old's seat for that matter, except in the middle. I'm 6ft even. But it wasn't even close to having enough room......And......uhhhhhh......TBSS's are quicker than ls4 powered cars anyway!!!!!

Seriously though, the seats fit easily in my wifes old Malibu Maxx, and fit great in her new/used Honda Accord (it was on our used lot for a good price). Your gonna just have to put a rear facing seat behind you and see if it will work, for you or your wife.
I am 6'3 and i have a imp and my son fits fine in my backseat on the passenger side with my brother who is also over 6' with no issues ie his feet on the back of the seat or knees on the dashboard
Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Teching In

i have no problem in my gxp fitting a rear facing car seat and also a front facing car seat. also the 90 degree rear doors are nice for getting the kids in and out
Old 08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jayklef5
SORRY i mean sorry. had caps lock on and was too lazy to take it off. i wasn't yelling.
No...not the caps lock. Just capitalizing the first letter in every word...noticed it across a few posts of yours. I don't care, personally...I was just wondering. Just seems like wasted keystrokes to me

Carry on!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
No...not the caps lock. Just capitalizing the first letter in every word...noticed it across a few posts of yours. I don't care, personally...I was just wondering. Just seems like wasted keystrokes to me

Carry on!
Hey guys leave him alone hees deefeereent.lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS

Carry on!
WHEN YOU TYPE A QUICK REPLY MESSAGE IN ALL CAPS THE FORUM'S COMPUTER TAKES IT DOWN TO- WHAT'S CALLED -"TITLE CASE" INSTEAD OF "SENTENCE CASE." SO REALLY I'M NOT WASTING ANY KEYSTROKES. I'M BEING A LITTLE LAZY IN NOT TAKING MY CAPS LOCK OFF. LOL ( I TSILL WONDER IF THIS MESSAGE WILL POST IN ALL CAPS OR NOT.)