LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Exhaust Voiding My Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
That depends on what you use to flash it....
Not many can afford a Tech II.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

he's talking about, it depends on which tuner/programmer/handheld you use to tune/flash your car...

heh...

using theirs, the dealer can't tell...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-14-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by StealthV8
You may have just hooked up better to get .76 gs. i've hit .75 stock. You have to take into account a lot of things and our g meter is not a good tool to judge how much performance you gained from a mod.
lol I never assumed it was very accurate to begin with, I don't know about hooking any better than a 2.0x 60' at the track the week after I got the car w/stock tires. Just mostly saying that there is an improved pull since the DP, but guess I'll have to wait for a dyno to confirm it's not just a placebo
Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
I don't understand why anyone thinks removing the cat is a good idea.... Do you really need that .01 second speed increase, risk failing emmissions tests, throw codes, want foul smelling exhaust and raspy sound that badly to warrant it?
Are you serious? Its OBDII. Both my 500+ hp cars pass smog with flying colors. Bad smelling? That may be a problem for you, but i dont breath exhaust fumes. You shouldnt be giving people information on topics you dont know anything about.

Originally Posted by tokay57
I think in every forum, that statute gets brought up. the dealers can easily say that by removing the catalytic converter, engine horsepower increased thus breaking the said divetrain part, or removing the catalytics caused emission codes to cause a glitch in the transmission electronics thus breaking the transmission. can the dealers prove it, probably not, but i guarantee you they will fight it and will prbably take months and some legal costs before a decission is made in your favor or theirs. in the mean time, your car will sit with a broken transmission. Aren't these transmissions expensive as compared to other gm transmissions?
Exactly. Thank you. The wording on everything is so vague, its all in how the person is interepreted at the time the warranty is being questioned. Which is bs.

And yes i know i revived a dead post. lol. It did answer alot of my questions though... Mostly that everyone is just as confused as i am on whats covered and whats not.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Old thread back BUT..

Just for clarification, we can do anything we want after the cats?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by texasGXP08
Don't be an ***, esp with 64 posts...

You act as if I hadn't already read the posts. Thus why I said "just for clarification"
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well let me clarify:

Originally Posted by BPGXPrix
OK so i bought my GXP about 2 weeks ago. Love it.
When i bought it only one of the key fobs was working so i thought i'd go to the dealer and have 'em program my other one....No problem.
I wanna start modding this thing so i asked him what were the exhaust limitations on voiding the warranty and he said...
"You can do anything after the cat. Before the cat you can't touch"
Soooo obviously i plan on putting a Hogan down pipe on my car. And i probably plan on getting rid of the cat as well.

Am i SOL with my warranty?
or more so lets say i had a tranny problem...does that mean they won't touch my trans because i have a down pipe and no cat?

Any help or personal experiences would be great... thanks guys

Don't be so sensitive. I'd rather have 64 quality, productive, helpful, non repetitive posts than 900 of what you have done.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Right, and that's coming from what 1 person posted on the internet. I see where your coming from, I shouldn't question anything and take it at face value. Just a FYI, another thread stated that ANY modification would void the warranty, but please feel free to believe the 1st thing you read on a free internet forum...

BTW, go read my 900 posts and let me know if I have been helpful or not. If nothing else it will keep you busy for a while
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good for you
Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

should be able to do anything and the warranty for that might be voided, but they can say like the more hp/torque caused whatever to break.

like if youre tranny breaks and you have a turbo kit installed for example.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
That depends on what you use to flash it....
Yeah make sure it's not with a predator since those can't talk to a TCM.