Your Wheels Never Had It So Good!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tt2s..the outsides polish like chrome but the spokes dont shine worth a ****, I bought stuff at the NYC auto show, the bottles are similar to yours and was more money, it came with a sealers also, I bought the wheels used and I dont think they were taken care of. Dont get me wrong the stuff works excellent, but nothing yet has even tried to shine the spokes by hand and with a power cone. Are you familiar with these wheels and the spokes? The aluminum seems different then the rest of the wheel..
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered some! I've used a couple other chrome polishes/cleaners on my Firehawk wheels and wasn't extremely impressed. (The wheels are immaculate, but the chind from the products wasn't the greatest...) Shipping was about $7 (Priority Mail)

I'll be sure to post back with my results!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
Ordered some! I've used a couple other chrome polishes/cleaners on my Firehawk wheels and wasn't extremely impressed. (The wheels are immaculate, but the chind from the products wasn't the greatest...) Shipping was about $7 (Priority Mail)

I'll be sure to post back with my results!
Thank you for your purchase, this will ship out first thing Monday morning for you. Your free towel will be included.

Joe
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MagnaTransAm0098
I have tt2s..the outsides polish like chrome but the spokes dont shine worth a ****, I bought stuff at the NYC auto show, the bottles are similar to yours and was more money, it came with a sealers also, I bought the wheels used and I dont think they were taken care of. Dont get me wrong the stuff works excellent, but nothing yet has even tried to shine the spokes by hand and with a power cone. Are you familiar with these wheels and the spokes? The aluminum seems different then the rest of the wheel..
If the center of the wheel is clear coated that may be the issue your having. When you polish the wheel centers does it turn black? If not then they are coated and cannot be polished. Let me know what you find out.

Joe
Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I too had thought about this. How does blingmaster handle small micro-scratches? My car is a daily driver so the wheels have tiny little scratches in the polished lips. Would these require sanding or can blingmaster polish these smooth?
If its small scratches it will help. The polymer in the polish helps smooth out the finer scratches. Rule of thumb is: if you can catch the scratch with your fingernail, then you need to wetsand it out first.

Are the scratches in your wheels machining marks from when the wheel was made? If so then you will also need to wetsand them out first.

Joe
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z06_joe
If the center of the wheel is clear coated that may be the issue your having. When you polish the wheel centers does it turn black? If not then they are coated and cannot be polished. Let me know what you find out.

Joe

I also have the same issue with my TT2's I have used the Mothers ball on them once and yes the polished turned black when I polished the spokes does that mean this stuff will work?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Huff035
I also have the same issue with my TT2's I have used the Mothers ball on them once and yes the polished turned black when I polished the spokes does that mean this stuff will work?
That means the centers are bare aluminum and the polish will work. Do me a favor, post up some pice so I can see the wheels close up and the issue everyone is having.

Joe
Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

I have a question.

To get the optimal shine like in the acumulator, (I know actual results will vary) does one need to also order that acid spray as well?

Seems it to me it is needed to help the polish do its job, no?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Does anybody know if stock 98 ws6 wheels are clear coated on the inside portion? I know the outside portion has a clearcoat.
I would really like to polish tje inside for that extra clean look.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ButchN
I have a question.

To get the optimal shine like in the acumulator, (I know actual results will vary) does one need to also order that acid spray as well?

Seems it to me it is needed to help the polish do its job, no?
Not at all my friend. The acid was used to demonstrate how good the polish will work in an extreme situation. I have had alot of customers use harsh chemicals on their polished aluminum wheels and have no idea what to do. Blingmaster will polish through, caustic marks, acid staining, waterspots, baked on brake dust etc.

Joe
Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z06_joe
Not at all my friend. The acid was used to demonstrate how good the polish will work in an extreme situation. I have had alot of customers use harsh chemicals on their polished aluminum wheels and have no idea what to do. Blingmaster will polish through, caustic marks, acid staining, waterspots, baked on brake dust etc.

Joe
OK, I figure I'll bite & try this as I'm gane to try anything once.
I just placed my order & even used the 10% off code, thanks!

I'll start by working on this mess & try polishing anything that looks like it might polish out, like the brake & AC lines, AC drier of course, fuel rails & the alt. bracket.

Maybe I'll even attempt the TB as the intake is getting powder coated.

I will post pics & results.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

No the spokes arent cleared. My guess is they are a hardened aluminum of some sort. Ill get pics to show ya. In theory they should polish fine like the rest of the wheel but they simply dont.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ButchN
OK, I figure I'll bite & try this as I'm gane to try anything once.
I just placed my order & even used the 10% off code, thanks!

I'll start by working on this mess & try polishing anything that looks like it might polish out, like the brake & AC lines, AC drier of course, fuel rails & the alt. bracket.

Maybe I'll even attempt the TB as the intake is getting powder coated.

I will post pics & results.
I really am looking forward to your results. About to place my order now!

Last edited by Huff035; 07-13-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slickone
Does anybody know if stock 98 ws6 wheels are clear coated on the inside portion? I know the outside portion has a clearcoat.
I would really like to polish tje inside for that extra clean look.
Generally any GM wheel will be cleared on the inside also.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Launching!

On a different issue Joe, do you guys have anything to remove clear on wheels that works better ( read easier, less effort, time etc. ) than Aircraft stripper?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by molecule
On a different issue Joe, do you guys have anything to remove clear on wheels that works better ( read easier, less effort, time etc. ) than Aircraft stripper?
Honestly no we do not. Aircraft stripper eats through multiple layers of paint and coatings fast. This is why most favor it but it literally takes your breath away with the smell and cleanup is somewhat of a pain but nothing else works like it. Nature of the beast.

Joe
Old 07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

All pending orders have shipped out. Thank you everyone for your business, your tracking numbers have been sent to the email address we have on file.

Have a great week!!!

Joe
www.detailsupplyonline.com
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, can't wait to see my TT2's finally clean. haha.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will give it a shot, I will post some before and after pic's of my C5 Z06 polished wheels when they are done. I have tried just about everything to got the water spots and fine scratches out so I will see how this stuff works.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Order Placed

Quick Reply: Your Wheels Never Had It So Good!!!