Blue Gauges Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its pretty hard to change the bulbs on the wheel controls. I have an aftermarket stereo system so my controls didnt work. I used the wires to make my own logos in the space. It came out pretty good. I did the bird but you could put the bowtie in there or whatever you think would look good. You can check out how it looks on my webshots page in my sig.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Installed last night and they look GREAT! Very pleased...although one thing is wrong my High/low beams and my left turn signal dash lights don't come on anymore. Could I have busted the LED trying to install? If so where can i get some more of these? Also, has anyone done the steering wheel controls b4?
THX
You may have put them in wrong?? Check them.. if they broke let me know I send you 3 more!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStolen
I thought you just said in your previous post to this one that you have to buy sockets to hold the LED's?? I'm confused because in this sentence you are saying they just plug right in to the factory ones. So can we just buy single wide band LED's from that site and be done with it or do we have to buy the bulbs and then the sockets from autozone?
You do have to buy the sockets from autozone. The sockets look exactly like the ones he posted thats why i said you can use those sockets. I didn't say at all that the factory sockets will work. The stock bulbs are soldered into the old sockets. I'll try to take a pic of what i got.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:00 PM

NO NO NO, on 97 and up Camaros you will not need new sockets, You will either need new sockets or send me yours so I can solder them in on all LT1's EXCEPT 97's!!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rufretic
How are your gauges that light up the red line and other red parts coming along. I know its hard to keep it nice and blue and have the red light up too. I will be working on that next, I just finished the hvac and it looks much better with all the colors showing. I also added a blue LED for each ****. It looks real good. I also changed the light switch to an hvac switch so it can light up as well. I have it wired in to the ignition so when you start your car at night the switch for the lights is lit, no more feeling around for your light switch.
I already have the blue LEDs in the gauge cluster, how hard is it to replace the HVAC, *****, and light switch bulbs with the LEDs and how many will I need?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
NO NO NO, on 97 and up Camaros you will not need new sockets, You will either need new sockets or send me yours so I can solder them in on all LT1's EXCEPT 97's!!
Ok well on LT1 cars you have to buy the sockets not really a big deal. No need to send them in and solder them. I'm running an LT1 TA dash which is almost identical to a LS1 camaro and TA dash.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:06 PM

HVAC is just 2 bulbs, the headlight switch you have to custom install because the light is too small to get any size LED to fit.. PM me!!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
HVAC is just 2 bulbs, the headlight switch you have to custom install because the light is too small to get any size LED to fit.. PM me!!
so you cant use a led in the headlight switch, if you know how let me know. Any update on those one leds you were going to get from your friend?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

I installed led's from NSperformance last week, i did the HVAC and Headlight Switch Panel. The cluster was cake, the hvac was relatively easy but took a lot of time because I had to cut the stock harness and wire it up all nice and solder the led's then secure them nicely. The headlight switch panel on the left side of the dash I had to insert a led and solder the leads directly to the contacts on the unit.

This pic is of the finished headlights witch assembly with led installed.

This is the whole headlight switch assembly disassembled. The led laying there is replacing the small round unit to the right of it that has a tiny bulb in it. It screws onto the top right of the rightmost object in the pic. I soldered the led directly to those contacts.

It really makes a good difference, i ended up going to radio shack and buying a small butane soldering iron so i didnt have to deal with a cord, and one of the little helpers that has a magnifying glass and gator clips to hold things with for soldering these tiny leads. It was well worth it, I have no soldering skills what soever but I bought the right tools and took my time and I did it all in a day.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 AM

I do have the bulbs made for the HVAC and I can throw in a few to custom fit in the headlight switch, anyone interested just PM me!!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Installed My Blue Dash Lights Today!!!!! .....it took about 45min....the tricky part was actually the 2bolt piece right infront of the cluster itself...infact i cut myself on somthin in there ....cluster looks GREAT!!! no dark spots....btw those are the bulbs NOT the LED's

Quick Reply: Blue Gauges Anyone?