8.8 rear for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cam
Bueler?... Bueler?... anyone?...anyone?
Thats a popular misquote from ferris buellers day off. Ben stein repeats "Bueller, Bueller" when taking attendance. Later on in the movie, during his lecture, he queries "Anyone, Anyone" every time he comes to a new noun. Theyre two seperate events in the movie and not meant to be quoted togather. However if you were to just say "Anyone? Anyone?" chances are we'd have no idea you were quoting the movie.

That aside, your rear end looks PIMP. And i mean that in the most hetero way possible. I know there was one guy who had a ford reluctor ring on his carrier for his 8.8" rear so he could keep his 3 channel ABS. Any comment on this? IIRC it was a 102 vs 104 tooth reluctor so it was off just a bit. Maybe that can be adjusted via tuning?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

LMAO! Yes I know the quotes are not in sequence but I dunno I was gonna leave it at Bueler but started laughing as I typed and wanted more so there it is.

As far as the three channel You could do the driveshaft reluctor ring trick or even though I have yet to try I can see no reason why you couldn't just run the wiring down to one axle and use a four channel axle. Unless the rotating speed of it would cause fits? I dunno but its totally doable. Thanks for the compliments on the rear.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by URLOZN
the gears and the differential, i put everything else together and had to cut one axle down, cause i ordered them a little long, didn't want them short( i was paranoid, lol)
So what length axle did you end up with and what was the cost of the custom axles.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Teching In

Default 8.8

hello i am looking for a bare housing for a 01 camaro is the price in us dollars or ? what is the cost to ship this to alsip illinois 60803 U.S.A. ? i am very interested in buying one let me know as soon as possible
thanks
justin
Old 05-01-2005, 08:46 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

U.S. dollars yes. You have a PM cgas55
Old 05-01-2005, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

I need to do something about my rear too. I would also be intrested in a bare housing price. Would most likley want the tubes cut down 2" per side.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:12 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Bare housing 850.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:10 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Spring has arrived!!! finally!!! I Still have two left
Old 05-08-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cam, please respond to my PM prior to responding to this thread again.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2001blackta
So what length axle did you end up with and what was the cost of the custom axles.
if i am correct in my memory, i think they were aound 32" and cutting the axle was no fun. as for the price, damn they were expensive. ended being like 600 bucks to have them made and to have them ground down and a reluctor ring installed on them and the bearings and also shipping and lug studs. and they were also 31 spline. i ended up cutting a piece about 3/4" to an 1" off.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:41 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Okay guys down to one left. I will not be building any more of these anytime soon as work has become too busy for me to pursue this any further at this time. Also I have used up all my rope from the VERY cool mods and admins here on this site. I wanted to become a site sponsor and go hog wild but the demand does not support that cause yet. Perhaps after I sell this last one if someone here was to organize a group purchase of ten or more units then we can work out an agreement with respect to fees towards support of this site. This is just an idea as I have not spoken with anyone here about it but figured to throw it out here and let you guys decide.

Anyways I am in the process of getting number two into another board members car and although i am selling this one equppied with gears installed I really just want to sell my last housing bare to keep things simple for me.

I would also like to say that this site is run by some great folks and thank all whom I have chatted with for providing some freedom to try this out. Kudos to LS1tech may she live forever!! Anyways...

Step right up get yer 8.8 here!! Last one in the house! lol Thanks guys
Old 05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

how much and what does it all come with.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Teching In

i have seen this thread for several months and have always been interested but never had the cash for one of your 8.8 would you build me a bear housing and if so what would you charge for just the housing nothing else
Old 06-18-2005, 04:15 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Sold the last one yesterday. Thanks again LS1tech mods and admins for the chance to get er going. Of course a HUGE thanks goes out to URLOZN, NVDZ28, and Gustin for stepping up and buying one. These guys all were great to deal with and I hope you guys get a lifetime of use and abuse out of your 8.8's.

See y'all on the boards
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The first one is beautiful,I wish I had the money

I guess the second batch wasn't ground smooth before paint
Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamtom
The first one is beautiful,I wish I had the money

I guess the second batch wasn't ground smooth before paint
I believe that is the one in my car right now, and i have been beating the hell out of it , i can tell you it will hold up to 1.4's, i bought just hte housing, the car ran 10.68@ 130 on nitrous, on a sorry 1.64 60' spinning 100' down the track on a slipping tranny that wouldn't shift, os i hope to run 9's on the rear end before long in a 3500# car. i love the 8.8.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:18 PM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411252

I heard there's another guy putting a rear like this together.

Ben T.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:45 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Whoa guys before y'all start sending me boat loads of PM's again these rears are all SOLD OUT and no plans of right now to make more. Someone resurected this thread from the dead but...

I may consider making more next spring. Please dont harrass me as to "when" and "make one now" etc. cause it wont happen as too much workload in the shop right now but if I do make more I will make a pile. Admin and mods will be well notified if this takes place so no worries there either.

Oh yeah one more thing... Considering offering a performance guarantee on the housings strength for one season to 9.99 or slower for any doubters out there. I have mine out of my car now as I am in the process of a complete engine/trans swap including fuel tank so I yanked the diff. No signs of any cracks or fatigue on any of the welds. This is the first design too ( the pretty pics ) the new design has much more reinforcement. If I build more there will be an even newer and better design. So I hope that satisfies any curiosity with regards to these rears.

Please dont PM me I am trying to buy a bunch of stuff here and dont need more traffic right now. If you have questions post them here or start a new thread in the gears section. Please note this is a big maybe at this point also. Thanks guys.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Ill take one when your ready.

Quick Reply: 8.8 rear for sale