EVERYTHINGS for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,750 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Default EVERYTHINGS for sale! 383+ Phamspeed

well guys i ran into a bit of a wall figuratively, i have to sort some stuff out and get out of the game for a little while. All you guys have been great and ive learned more than i could have imagined. I want to thank everyone whose been there helping me through all my dumb questions hopefully both sets of stuff will sell and ill be gone for awhile and come back better than before.In the meantime check out my thread in the sales section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...71#post3347471

Last edited by ddnspider; 08-15-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I actually went the opposite route. Of course my original plans were to get a motorcycle, but after my speeding ticket I figured my insurance would go up too high for me to afford another vehicle on my insurance plan. So I decided to spend that money on FI. So far, I'm glad I did. And if you don't sell your stuff remember, even with FI the car will only go fast if you tell it to.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sonicmix
Wow, I actually went the opposite route. Of course my original plans were to get a motorcycle, but after my speeding ticket I figured my insurance would go up too high for me to afford another vehicle on my insurance plan. So I decided to spend that money on FI. So far, I'm glad I did. And if you don't sell your stuff remember, even with FI the car will only go fast if you tell it to.
thats my problem....i already have a heavy foot....now imagine it in my 600+rwhp DD. at this rate if i sell everything and some investments pan out i can have a downpayment on a house.why didnt you get a bike?what are you driving now?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, with all the research you did just keep the parts and finish it over the winter!! You'll be glad you did when the engine and the rest of the parts start arriving!!

Originally Posted by ddnspider
well guys i ran into a bit of a wall figuratively, i have to sort some stuff out and get out of the game for a little while. All you guys have been great and ive learned more than i could have imagined. I want to thank everyone whose been there helping me through all my dumb questions hopefully both sets of stuff will sell and ill be gone for awhile and come back better than before.In the meantime check out my thread in the sales section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...71#post3347471
Old 08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastKat
Man, with all the research you did just keep the parts and finish it over the winter!! You'll be glad you did when the engine and the rest of the parts start arriving!!
basically all im waiting on is the motor....its all been taking up too much time for me.im actually thinking about selling the car as well....
Old 08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nick i will kill u if u sell your car
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
...with cheese.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate to hear that dude, I got pretty annoyed with everything taking so long, and having to rely on so many people to do things... it just got old. The car is together now, and it's really something you dont see everyday.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

hey josh i may just sell it and worry about more important things for awhile and get back in the game in a couple years from now....looks like u may have the faster car

Armageddon....are you glad you stuck it out and got it together or if you look back and thought about it reasonably would you do it again?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

wow this came out of no where
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
...with cheese.

dude... I love my car, I love everything about it. Even the things that drive me crazy... Like trying to get my fatass out of a cage with no swingouts! Stick with it man, it's awesome and the thing that's dissapointing is your so close. Just stick with it.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

cant you put the car in the back burner for the time?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

ah!you guys are killing me.....its just gonna be hell this semester at school,and having 2 jobs at the same time basically is gonna kill my free time....note to self 2 jobs plus 2 majors at school is a no no i also LOVE the idea that by dec i could have a downpayment on a nice house if i sell the car and motor and all....and i just turned 20.i dunno....i think my main concern is that everytime i go out of the house im literally nervous to even drive the cars cause the police give me so much trouble its not even funny.i get followed for literally no reason,just because they know me.I know u only live once and might as well enjoy it while your young,but id like to be able to get a house and hopefully have a family after i graduate(in 3 years) so i cant decide....i think thats why i said the turbo kit goes ONLY if the motor does too....i basically have $3k left to get to have everything paid for as the turbo kit and the motor is already paid for.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Teching In

thats my problem....i already have a heavy foot....now imagine it in my 600+rwhp DD. at this rate if i sell everything and some investments pan out i can have a downpayment on a house.why didnt you get a bike?what are you driving now?
My daily driver is a 2002 Trans AM WS6 with an STS kit. I also have a 2001 Suburban.
After I got the speeding ticket, I used the money I saved up for the motorcycle to get the STS kit+installation. I just figured that instead of buying a bike and paying even more for insurance (increased payment from ticket+another vehicle on insurance), I would just purchase the STS kit. Not the best thing to do with the money financially however, it's a good personal investment. The feeling I get when I step on it is well worth the investment.
It also sounds like you already have another income avenue to assist with getting the house. I think getting a house is one of the best investments you can make, but looking back, it was one of the most easiest to get into financially.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:22 PM
chronic masturbator

I also agree keep the car but put it on the back burner for a while. I had the same sorta issue happen but with about 10k in doctor bills, I strongly debated selling the car but stuck with it and put last on priorities. But in the end its your descison so goodluck regaurdless

later
Gary
Old 08-15-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

what do you mean easiest to get into financially?i definitely know its a better investment then a car that ill be lucky to get $20-25K when im all said and done with.lets just say that i found a way to get 3-5% a month interest on a $5000 investment i made,so i hope that as long as that keeps up by the time i graduate i could have a nice like stash for the house.plus my dads always giving me crap for spending all this money on a car which im starting to agree that a 20 yr old shouldnt drop $15k into a car like i will be if i follow through....decision decisions
Old 08-15-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

well id obviously like the most input as possible so everybodys welcome....i just know a certain blacktransam is going to post and start yelling at me that im crazy but thats ok,everyones opinions are welcome
Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

dude that sux, is there any way you can overcome financially?

I have the money to buy that turbo kit right now, but I need it to finish my shortblock.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

.plus my dads always giving me crap for spending all this money on a car which im starting to agree that a 20 yr old shouldnt drop $15k into a car like i will be if i follow through....decision decisions
i'm only 18...history is repeating itself....
Old 08-15-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

DD,
I can totally relate to you, I thought about selling all my stuff for a while about a year ago. Im a student as well, I work full time and do alot of side work to get a lil extra cash.

A year or so ago I was diagnosed with cancer, this is when I was about to give it all up and sell everything. However I didnt and in the end im glad I didnt. I have spent at least 15k in addition to the car payments, and I dont really care. I dont waste alot of money on other things so I figure this is my deal.

Im currently in graduate school and I dont see a stop now. Dont get rid of it, who knows by the time you decide to get back into it all the parts may not be available. You just never know
ed
Old 08-15-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well id obviously like the most input as possible so everybodys welcome....i just know a certain blacktransam is going to post and start yelling at me that im crazy but thats ok,everyones opinions are welcome
u got that right he is going to be pissed