LIKE-NEW MADMAN torque arm for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

madman, now THATS incredible customer support. hell you dont have to do any of this!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:02 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The modification that I did to the rear mount should be no concern and should have no problem whatsoever handling a hard launch. The grinding I did around the bolt holes was VERY MINIMAL and the notch that I made for clearance of the pinion seal was VERY SMALL (about 1/8" wide and 3" long). This is a very beeft torque arm, what I grinded away isn't going to make it weaker. If I had left it alone, this torque arm would have only worked for a Moser. The mount now goes onto my Strange 12 bolt with no problem and is ready to be installed. The actual work that I put into the rear mount isn't very much, but the time was, as it was very time consuming getting it just right. I only took off what was needed, by no means did I go too far. If I could explain it in person while showing you the mount, you'd be fine with it as I really didn't do much to it. The arm doesn't need any work done to it, but if you feel that its strength is an issue, then you can add as much reinforcement as you want.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this makes you feel any better, I had a Spohn chromoly adjustable torque arm with a front driveshaft loop and its rear mount has less reinforcment than the MADMAN even with the grinding that I did. I pulled a best of 1.41 with that torque arm and plenty of mid 1.4s to back it up. If that rear mount can take that abuse, then the MADMAN shouldn't have any problem.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
The modification that I did to the rear mount should be no concern and should have no problem whatsoever handling a hard launch. The grinding I did around the bolt holes was VERY MINIMAL and the notch that I made for clearance of the pinion seal was VERY SMALL (about 1/8" wide and 3" long). This is a very beeft torque arm, what I grinded away isn't going to make it weaker.
Did you do the shear calculations and tensile testing on the piece? If not, those are brave assumptions. I don't think you should call this a "Madman" torque arm since you modified it yourself. If something bad were to happen, he shouldn't have his product name attached to it, if it were modified.

Will it fail? Who knows. But, if it does, it should be called a "Jeramy Torque Arm" and Madman should be released of any warranty work or liability. Its very obvious that he does not approve of your modifications to his structural part.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've "modified" this piece...then how is it still new?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Decided to go with a different torque arm. Nothing wrong with it and there's nothing I don't like about it, I just decided to go a different route.

I consider this to be one of the best, if not THE best ta that is made for fbodys. What route did you decide to go?

Quick Reply: LIKE-NEW MADMAN torque arm for sale