New SLP take off Camaro SS rims epoxy painted black for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New SLP take off Camaro SS rims epoxy painted black for sale.

Just what the title says. Brand new never mounted Camaro SS rims epoxy painted black for a strong and very long lasting paint that shines. Will post pic's and price later today for those that want to see. I have 600 in them after paint just to let you have an idea
Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want to see...
Old 08-22-2006, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for taking quite so long I have been trying to get some other things straightened out as to what I want to do with my car. Here are the pictures as promised and would like to start at $600 but I could maybe adjust but I do believe I have a little over $600 in them after buying, shipping from SLP and then the epoxy paint. Let me know what you think and if intrested.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm interested. How much shipped to 60459?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

I will get you the price of shipping both insured and uninsured for standard ground unless you want them to be shipped faster then 5 to 7 day ground. I will pm you the cost hopefully today but tomorrow sometime for sure. I have class tomorrow so if I don't get it today for you then sometime after 3:00pm I will have the cost. Just let me know if standard ground is ok with you.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Standard ground would work.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know...just sold my old wheels and tires.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for the delay I had school and work that got messed up. I tried FedEx on Thursday but they couldn't give me a quote as I didn't have the name of the city. I thought that all they needed was the zip code which I had but no need in fighting with that lady. So I called a UPS store and told then the weight and the dimensions and insured each box for 300 so if you want more or less let me know. They quoted me for standard ground shipping, insured 300 per box, and delivered to a residence it was 25.46 a box so a little over 50 to get them both there. I would like $600 for the rims but please pm me and let me know what is good for you and we will work it out. Once again sorry for the delay, let me know and have a great day.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

whats epoxy paint?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Havok2
whats epoxy paint?
ditto i need to have my wheels repainted and was wondering what that was as well can you pm me with some info about that
Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

It is basically an extremely super tough paint that is resistant to corrosion like salt and road stuff as well as other chemicals and very, very scratch resistant to. Now that, is not to say it can't be scratched or damaged but it is allot harder to do then regular paint and if done right harder then powder coating. You can compare it to powder coating in some ways but instead of applying a power and heating it to coat the rim this is applied with multiple layers from a gun. It is kind of a pricy paint at least the grade used on metal, and as for the other kinds that are used as barrier paints for other applications I don't know. At one time I wanted a set of multi spoke rims like these that were black to go on my red WS6 but my dad bought a very nice set of machine faced zo6 wheels for a corvette he had but he lost it to a 19 year old kid who cut him off and ran over the front of the hood. It was totaled before he could put them on so he is going to let me have them for free, so I can't complain as I need the money now and was going to have to sell them regardless. School is sucking my money out of me faster then an X wife can I think. But before that I wanted paint on my rims that would stand the test of time, hold against rim cleaners, road grim, salt, and look good. Epoxy paint is dam tough from what I have seen because the guy who painted them for me took a knife to another rim he had done and it wouldn't scratch for a darn. The only place it would scratch was on the inside, inside of the rim where the tire mounts and covers up because he says he doesn't prep that much because the tire goes on there and it gets tore up, there allot because of people mounting the tires. Other then that it wouldn't scratch anywhere else he prepped it to sick. I did ask him to prep mine on this part of the rim and it looks like he did because the only marks there are where he used a big tong to turn them as he heated them to help the drying process. Believe me this paint won't come off very easy so if you ever want a different color then you better just paint over it. If my truck had a five bolt pattern like the cars then I would have kept them and put them there because in my opinion they are nicely done. I just like the corvette zo6 rims a little better and I like having bigger rubber out back once I can afford the rubber to put them on.

Now I am not saying they can’t be scratched, but they are a lot tougher the other options available. I hope this helps but if you want more info I will try and contact the guy who did them and see what all he used and did. Take it easy guys.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

yep I can vouch for that one, my powdercoated steel rims on my truck actually stain whereas I have seen epoxy paint used in place of bed liners! tough stuff, just got to have a special gun that's a little bit pricy, not alot but unjustified if you don't do alot of that type of work
Old 08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

TTT for anyone who might be intrested.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Question shipping cost for 29732

what would shipping be for 29732?

have they been ever repaired or anything before they were painted?
Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT for sweet wheels, heres how the same combo looks on my car (im a pic *****)

Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Well gentlemen the guy I was trying to sell them to has failed to contact me further after I offered to hold them for him until he could get the money. I want to try and help people out as getting money sometimes is difficult. So I am going to have to try again. If you are interested then let me know your zip so I can get you a price on shipping. I would like 580 plus shipping and that is less then what I paid for them just to get them from SLP. I am pretty firm on this as the cost of epoxy painting isn't cheap so please keep that in mind. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks guys and sorry but I wanted to wait and give the guy a chance.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

would be sweet if they had the plished lip. ttt for ya
Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Ya I have been told that but it was too costly and difficult to do. I have a red WS6 and I put one of them up on it when I had the wheels off once and the all black looks killer on a red car in my opinion.

Originally Posted by NviouSS
would be sweet if they had the plished lip. ttt for ya
Old 11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Price lowered to $500 plus shipping. They are great rims and have never been mounted and installed.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WARPNOVA
Price lowered to $500 plus shipping. They are great rims and have never been mounted and installed.
seperate the wheels 1 per box, go to discount and get there throw away box, it should only bet $30 per box, I've shipped wheels and tires for under $150 boxed.