Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone having any install problems???
Old 12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm planning to install mine soon. I'll get a before and after video. But looking at the instructions, I can't imagine having any problems. The instructions are perfect.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Haven't gotten around to installing mine yet. If I get the cast off my wrist this week, maybe I can get it installed within a few weeks.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great! Let us know how your install goes.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Passenger window is slow and if you open it and close it a few times in a row, it stops 1/2 way up.

Looks like its time to make a purchase...

My 2000 tahoe's driver window just about stops completely at the half way mark, even when I'm only controlling the 1 window.
Anyone have any guesses as to weather its a motor/track proplem, or if its a power drain that something like this gizmo can fix?

Do you offer these babies for other vehicals? (like..oh I don't know... a tahoe? )
Old 01-02-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rede
Passenger window is slow and if you open it and close it a few times in a row, it stops 1/2 way up.

Looks like its time to make a purchase...

My 2000 tahoe's driver window just about stops completely at the half way mark, even when I'm only controlling the 1 window.
Anyone have any guesses as to weather its a motor/track proplem, or if its a power drain that something like this gizmo can fix?

Do you offer these babies for other vehicals? (like..oh I don't know... a tahoe? )

The tahoe actually has switched power similar to what the kit turns the f-body wiring system into. The main difference is it still gets power from the bcm instead of the battery. As for now we don't make a kit for this car, you most likely have a track/motor problem with that window. How many miles is on the car?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the kit and installed it. My passenger window goes up really fast now. I wish there was something I could do to make the driver's side go up this fast.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nick_4.8sierra
I bought the kit and installed it. My passenger window goes up really fast now. I wish there was something I could do to make the driver's side go up this fast.

Great glad to hear from you. We are looking into the driverside to re-determine if there is anything we can design to help it.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

That would be awesome!!! There must be something you can do because these are both my stock motors, car has 35,000 miles and now the driver's side is the slow one.

I have to admit, your kit is way easier to install than a new motor, and if I would have installed a new motor it wouldn't have helped much since it has bad voltage not the actual motor.

Great kit, I'm glad I found AutoTrix!!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nick_4.8sierra
That would be awesome!!! There must be something you can do because these are both my stock motors, car has 35,000 miles and now the driver's side is the slow one.

I have to admit, your kit is way easier to install than a new motor, and if I would have installed a new motor it wouldn't have helped much since it has bad voltage not the actual motor.

Great kit, I'm glad I found AutoTrix!!

Thanks! We should be finishing up our testing on the driverside later this month and we will post in here what our results are, good or bad.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine ! Found this thread through your blinker thread... While I'm not too interested in the blinkers this window motor mod is a GREAT idea

Anyone who'd rather waste an afternoon piecing this kit together to save $5-$10 and then guess how to hook it up the rest of the afternoon is retarded... Looks like a great product for a great price to me !

NOW, how about you guys come up with an express UP AND DOWN system for BOTH windows, include factory switch covers (with the express logo) and then sell the $hit out of them on here
Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Just ordered mine ! Found this thread through your blinker thread... While I'm not too interested in the blinkers this window motor mod is a GREAT idea

Anyone who'd rather waste an afternoon piecing this kit together to save $5-$10 and then guess how to hook it up the rest of the afternoon is retarded... Looks like a great product for a great price to me !

NOW, how about you guys come up with an express UP AND DOWN system for BOTH windows, include factory switch covers (with the express logo) and then sell the $hit out of them on here
Thanks for the purchase. We have looked into the express up and down module it will just be a little harder to install and we want to make sure we can design it with minimal install trouble.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gnomee
Thanks for the purchase. We have looked into the express up and down module it will just be a little harder to install and we want to make sure we can design it with minimal install trouble.
Well get on it

Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Well get on it

LOL......

I'll be on this mod in a few myself. I'm sold. Just not the top thing on my current list. Price seems right though.

I am already looking to the drivers side fix as so many point out that it becomes the obvious slowpoke after the pass. side fix.

Following this thread closely, and very interested.

Hey, whats this blinker thing???? Speed up the blinkers by chance? They seem freakin slow as well. Other cars blinkers blink a little quicker to alot quicker.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I see the instructions before purchase? I just want to see how hard it is to install before I buy. Also if you have pics of the install that would be cool to.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

gnomee: on my pass side i replace window motor and now when it roll up it stuck like half way i gotta pull it for it to move all they way up this kit will fix that problem? if it does pm me with price and ur paypal thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TuffSS
LOL......

I'll be on this mod in a few myself. I'm sold. Just not the top thing on my current list. Price seems right though.

I am already looking to the drivers side fix as so many point out that it becomes the obvious slowpoke after the pass. side fix.

Following this thread closely, and very interested.

Great!

Hey, whats this blinker thing???? Speed up the blinkers by chance? They seem freakin slow as well. Other cars blinkers blink a little quicker to alot quicker.
Not really quicker. Look in the apearance section for our post about it. There is a video with what it will look like.

Originally Posted by tsench
gnomee: on my pass side i replace window motor and now when it roll up it stuck like half way i gotta pull it for it to move all they way up this kit will fix that problem? if it does pm me with price and ur paypal thanks
Under normal conditions yes the kit fixes this problem. As long as you don't have a problem with your track and it is the motor then the kit will fix it. When it stops can you wait a minute or so and then it will roll up some more?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Teching In

just ordered one. would like to know when you ship. will post my outcome also. i have a ford excursion ps window slowing down also. you got anything for those. i also have another f body that i put 2 new gm motors in a few months ago. should i buy another just for insurance on the new motors.
thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about me viewing the pics of install and instructions?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fastimes
just ordered one. would like to know when you ship. will post my outcome also. i have a ford excursion ps window slowing down also. you got anything for those. i also have another f body that i put 2 new gm motors in a few months ago. should i buy another just for insurance on the new motors.
thanks
Great thanks for the purchase. Your order should ship no later than 1/10.

As for the excursion, we have not looked into that vehicle. I'll see if I can get the wiring info on it and see if a kit like this will help.

The kit will be good insurance for the new motors.

Originally Posted by porksoda
What about me viewing the pics of install and instructions?
PM Sent.

Quick Reply: Slow passenger window? Check this out.