Full Set 18" Chrome Z06 Rim/Tire pkge & Wilwood Brakes....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up Full Set 18" Chrome Z06 Rim/Tire pkge & Wilwood Brakes....

I posted this on a few of the Corvette boards and realized the wheels and tires would be applicable to you guys and possibly the brakes with a different mounting bracket. Will look into that tomorrow. If you dont like the Vette cross flags emblem it will easily come off with a heat gun/blow dryer etc but IMO it really sets off the rims.

I am selling my entire ZO6 Replica (chrome) rim and tire package (the lightweight versions which are very hard to find) fitted with shaved Nitto RII rubber and my entire Wilwood 6 piston / 4 piston brake set-up 14" front rotors / 13" in the rear.

Everything is in mint condition....rims have never even whisped past a curb.

My rear tire/rim combo only weighs 50 lbs....305/35 18 (18 X 10.5 rim)

The front 285/35 18 only weighs 46 lbs (18 X 9.5 rim)

Most tire/rim combo's are at least 5 lbs heavier per wheel in comparable sizing....some even more.

I spent $350 to shave my tires on the rims they are currently mounted on for a perfect balance and zero vibration at high speed. In fact there will be a story soon in one of the Vette magazines that will feature this very process on the actual tire/rim package I am selling. Shaving the tires true them to a perfect circle....you could put a dial indicator on any one of my tire rime combo's and get practically zero runout. I noticed my steering wheel and overall ride was smoother after having them shaved.

The brake package is awesome with billet 6 piston front calipers (black anodized) and billet 4 piston versions in the rear....as I mentioned earlier, 14" front rotors (must have at least 18" rims) and 13" rotors in the rear. All the rotors are drilled and slotted....I have never road raced the car or abused the brakes. You will find zero cracks in any of them.
This kit retails for over $4000 plus freight and then add $125 for new dedicated stainless lines (stock aftermarket lines wont work). I am providing everything turn key as it is removed from my car. The rotors are in great condition and still look very fresh....calipers look practically brand new as well. I dont put alot of miles on this car as it is mainly used for R&D and half the time its apart awaiting the next upgrade. My guess is the brakes may have about 5000 total miles on them.

Over the next few days I will post some pics of everything....in the mean time I figured I would post this info in the event someone was looking now and getting close to pulling the trigger on something retail.

Do the math....there is slightly over $7000 dollars here in parts and labor including the fee to shave the tires. I will say that the front tires have about 50% of their life left (dont forget these tires only come with 5 or 6/32 of tread depth brand new) and the rear tires are worn to the center tread blocks (maybe 25-30% left). We probably shaved 2/32 off the tires to true them all up but trust me that was worth it. Every set of new rims and tires I run in the future will go thru the same process.

If you only put a few thousand miles a year on the car you could get another two years out of the front and a year out of the rear. If you daily drive your car, unless you have a fat checkbook you might not have considered the factory shaved sticky RII's anyway. They are normally good for 10-15K not including the loss of tread life from the additional shave.

Bottom line is the first guy to come across with $4500 gets the entire package so the amount of tread life left in the rubber is a moot point with their replacement cost around $1200. I dont want to deal with the hassle of trying to ship the rims and tires so unfortunately you have to live close to LA (91384 zipcode to be exact) for a local pick-up. In the event your a little further from "local" I would even consider meeting someone halfway with my Suburban loaded with all the parts if your willing to throw in a few bucks for gas.

Give me a few days to put some pics together. In the mean time anyone who might be interested or have any questions feel free to PM me or drop me a line at AFR (661)257-8124 Ext. 109

Thanks!

Tony

PS....I am dropping some serious coin on fender flares and larger CCW rims and tires. Thats the reason everything is for sale. Raising money to help pay for all the new stuff.

PSS....I might consider breaking up the brakes and the tire and rims as two seperate sales but would want to wait a few weeks to see if anyone is interested in the turnkey package.

Here are some pics of the set-up....

Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok how much for the wheels?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

i'm interested in the brakes let me know how much, thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Tony I am not too interested in your sale but more in the shaving of the tires.
Justa guess/oponion but what if you were to do a burnout on the rears? Wouldn't that put them out of round again with the soft compount of those times?
Maybe not the first burnout but after a few I imagin the process of shaving them would be pointless. If I am wrong then explain that to me a bit if you don't mind.
Of and here is a free bump up top.
Beautiful package.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by MPHmotorsports
Hey Tony I am not too interested in your sale but more in the shaving of the tires.
Justa guess/oponion but what if you were to do a burnout on the rears? Wouldn't that put them out of round again with the soft compount of those times?
Maybe not the first burnout but after a few I imagin the process of shaving them would be pointless. If I am wrong then explain that to me a bit if you don't mind.
Of and here is a free bump up top.
Beautiful package.
The tires aren't that soft....they will get sticky however when you put some heat in them. And a tire that starts perfectly round will have an easier time staying perfectly round. My car still drives smooth as silk at 100 MPH with no vibration or "live" feeling in the steering wheel. Before I shaved them that wasnt the case. I watched the "run-out" in the tires slowly disappear as we worked the tire lathe back and forth across the profile. It was a waaaay cool experience. This mod is very popular in high speed events and Bonneville cars for obvious reasons. A perfectly round and balanced tire is better for performance not to mention much safer at very high speeds.

NEW PRICING.......Buy the Wilwood package for $2600....rims and tires for $1600 or buy everything for $4000. Thats like buying the Wilwood kit and stainless lines at a slight discount and getting the rims and tires for free and as you can see they are in perfect like new condition....in fact better with the money I invested in shaving them.

Thanks Guys...

Tony
Old 06-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Flow Wizard

Ttt.....
Old 06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Who makes the rims?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Bump for a great deal and a great guy! Not that it means anything to anyone other than me, but I came soooooooo close to buying those brakes it was scary!

If you decide to break up the wheels and tires, let me know!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Default Brakes

Were you able to find out if the brakes are applicable on fourth generation f-bodies? And if they are, what modifications/parts would need to e purchased for the install? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by FASTERthanYOU
Who makes the rims?
Thats a good question....I dont even remember. I bought them new in a box from a buddy of mine who decided to spend mad money on a set of HRE's. The reason I bought them was knowing I wanted to step up to the larger 14" rotor set-up and preferred 18" rims all around anyway. I was also amazed at how light the rims were because I have seen other repro Z06 rims 5lbs heavier a piece. My 18 X 10.5 rear rim only weighs 21 lbs and the front only weigh 20 lbs. Considering their diameter and width that is very light. Hell....its the same weight as the factory Z06 rims (the painted versions) that all the Vette guys hail as the lightest rims except for the Magnesium rim option which is only a pound or two lighter and butt ugly IMO (completely different style).

Anyway...as I mentioned my current rear combo weighs only 50 lbs and the front is 46. I bet if most of you weighed your tire rim combo which may not be 18" and not as wide a tire it would weigh the same or be even heavier. Reducing or keeping the same unsprung/rotating weight as you move into larger tire and rim combo's is key. Alot of guys dont do their homework and buy a certain rim and tire for the sheer bling appeal not realizing they just added 8-10 pounds on every corner of the car and wonder why they dyno'ed 10 RWHP less and why the car doesnt accelerate, stop, or handle the road nearly as well. When you add heavier rims and tires if you are in tune with your car you know about it right away.

Tony

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 06-09-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by BiggDexxy
Were you able to find out if the brakes are applicable on fourth generation f-bodies? And if they are, what modifications/parts would need to e purchased for the install? Thanks.
I need to look into that.

I will put in the call on Monday and report back. The most it would be is probably a different mounting bracket but better safe than sorry.

Tony
Old 06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Flow Wizard

Looks like the Wilwood set-up isnt really very viable for an F-Body....my price would still save you a little money but would be cost prohibitive due to needing different rotor hats ($170 each!) and different caliper mounting brackets. This would obviously be a much better deal for someone looking to upgrade the stock brakes on his or her Vette.

The rims and tires certainly still fit the bill...PM or call me if you have any interest.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Flow Wizard

Bump!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Teching In

would the brakes work on a GTO? I know some guys to a caliper swap, but not sure what it takes to do it.

thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Tony Would The Wilwood Kit Bolt On To A Ls1 T\a? If So Pm Me With Pricing And Availablity
Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Teching In

How much for the rims?

Quick Reply: Full Set 18" Chrome Z06 Rim/Tire pkge & Wilwood Brakes....