LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What's the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by jarretthise
my SS had two..most of them do...95 up that is! 93 and 94 only have one.
Mine had 1..

95 cars were all sorts of wierd too
I know right, mine's got a LSX in it..
Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are going to have to use a different scanner...one that is compatible with both...snapon is a good one to use...take it to a shop man have them run your codes and then bring it home and fix it...just do what i said to do before, put your hand over the exhaust tips, but cover both tips and if its not allowing air to blow through then its your cat...you will know once you put your hands over the tips what i am talking about!! let us know
well if i take it to a shop but it isnt throwing a code at the time will they even be able to read it? and as for putting my hand over the tips, how would i know the difference between a clog one or an ok one because the exhuast starts out as one pipe...which is where the cat is. so wouldnt all the exhaust feel the same?

also my borla exhaust has the least restrictive plate in it so the one side is going to have more coming out anyways.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well i finally got around to gutting the cat in my car. It sounds a little different. But it still has a little throttle hesitation. I went and ran a couple of my friends last night. One had his 98 cobra which I was nose to nose with one time and the second time i spun real bad and lost by maybe a car and a half. The other car was an S R T 4 which i beat by a car and a half, does that sound about right?

Quick Reply: What's the problem?