LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No more Catback for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroboricua
I have Mac Mid length headers and Ypipe right into a 3" bullet and thats it! No turndown. I had it pointing towards the RR tire but at the lights the fumes would stat to get to me a little more than how a have it now, pointing right to the center of car. Its loud but not too loud to be annoying.

You only have a 3" bullet? Is this the body size, or the inlet/outlet size? I'm looking at the 16" X 4" body X 3" inlet/outlet.

Is anyone running the summit bullets??
Old 10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont use the summit bullets. they are actual glasspacks with the louvers sticking up in them
Old 10-18-2008, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

I think the one I have is slightly longer but the 3" is the in/out diameter and the case itself is the 4". Which is why I want to move mine to the rear ot center of the car, you can see it right away and it looks terrible.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

I had a Bullet under the Car.. I ****** HATED it..couldn't hear anything in the Car..lol
I got a Magnaflow over the Axle to reduce the sound in the Interior..and it did. I have the Cut-out when I want to rip it up.

This is what I did to make a removable Exhaust from the Headers back bro.
Look in this picture and you will see the Stainless Band Clamps..

I have 3 of them. The 2 in the front are 3", and they are banded around the Y-Pipe, that's flared so it slips over the Header Collectors.
The one in the back is 3.5", and that's directly over a cut that I made so I can drop the whole Exhaust System when I'm pulling the Transmission out. It's just banded around the Pipe with the cut in the center of it, and it doesn't leak at all.

It takes me about 5 minutes to drop the whole Exhaust. Can't beat that bro..
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_merv
I had a Bullet under the Car.. I ****** HATED it..couldn't hear anything in the Car..lol
I got a Magnaflow over the Axle to reduce the sound in the Interior..and it did. I have the Cut-out when I want to rip it up.

This is what I did to make a removable Exhaust from the Headers back bro.
Look in this picture and you will see the Stainless Band Clamps..

I have 3 of them. The 2 in the front are 3", and they are banded around the Y-Pipe, that's flared so it slips over the Header Collectors.
The one in the back is 3.5", and that's directly over a cut that I made so I can drop the whole Exhaust System when I'm pulling the Transmission out. It's just banded around the Pipe with the cut in the center of it, and it doesn't leak at all.

It takes me about 5 minutes to drop the whole Exhaust. Can't beat that bro..
Thanks & looks good, maybe i'll do something like that, its just the slip joint over the axle thats a pain, how much did those joint clamps cost?

I really don't mind the extra noise or rumble, i might try it for awhile too see how much or if it drives me crazy lol, i was thinking of starting off with a bullet in the Ory, then down the road going with duals.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Those Band Clamps are like $12 from Napa..

I hated the Bullet in my Car.. with the LT1 it wasn't too bad, with that Stroker Motor it's just too loud..lol
With that Cut-out open I have to yell to the person next to me.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I forgot that i bought 2 summit turbo mufflers for my D-100 last year, there brand new in the box, i may see if i can fab them up with hangers & have duals, there 2.1/2 inlet/outlet off set on one side, heck there paid for, this way i don't mess up my Ory & catback, i can just put them away.

Quick Reply: No more Catback for me!!!