LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Troubles with sixty foot

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
Larry it did kill me to see your car rip that off. Don't get me wrong I was happy for you but said for me I'm close to my goals and don't think I will be happy until I get that 10 sec pass na. God knows iv'e spent more than enough money to be there.

I know man...I know.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what rpms were u launching at?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
What do you have for rear shocks?

Start with tightenening up the fronts to 6 and loosen from there. One click per pass. Leave the EXACT same way every time.

What happens with mosts cars with the fronts set too loose is the car will "porpoise" or "bunnyhop" out of the hole. The front comes up so fast the momentum unloads the rear. Not enough tire pressure makes this worse.

You need to find that line in between spinning and working the rear tire.

David what trans you running and what size converter your car seems to be heavy but mph's well. Like Z8's says the car dead hooks.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
David what trans you running and what size converter your car seems to be heavy but mph's well. Like Z8's says the car dead hooks.
http://www.tcsperformance.com/

I got it from the above, its really too tight. Will only stall 1800 ish on the foot brake. I got it that way in anticipation of spraying the car. But I hurt a piston and am pulling the kit off the car. Going back with a strictly normally aspirated combo like it was intended initially.

Trans is a 4L60E

I sent the converter off to have it loosened up to get into the 10's on motor.

Best 60 foot so far on a 28x11 slick with a 4.11 gear is a 1.50, best on a 325/50 is a 1.52.

best et 11.02
best mph 123.8
Both@3750lbs raceweight and on the 28x11 slicks. No M/T drag radials were available at that time. Possibly in the 10's now on the 325/50. WIll know here soon as I am putting it back together.

Sounds to me like you have the symptoms of blowing through the converter. WHen it sounds like the car is "laboring" but not moving either 1st gear is slipping or you are blowing through the converter.

BTW Ed Wright swears by ATI products, he wanted me to put one in my car, but I already had this one. And be for sure TCS makes a BAD *** piece. The whole front 1/2 is out of billet steel. Its very effecient, at least the way it is now. Made 441 rwhp unlocked and 468 locked. These numbers were with 2 wounded pistons.

WIth the MPH I run, I should easily drop into the 10's with a looser converter.
That 123.8 is with it unlocked.

Also, is that a NEW converter? I have seen a bad stator inside a converter cause whats happening in your case.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 11-04-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
http://www.tcsperformance.com/

I got it from the above, its really too tight. Will only stall 1800 ish on the foot brake. I got it that way in anticipation of spraying the car. But I hurt a piston and am pulling the kit off the car. Going back with a strictly normally aspirated combo like it was intended initially.

Trans is a 4L60E

I sent the converter off to have it loosened up to get into the 10's on motor.

Best 60 foot so far on a 28x11 slick with a 4.11 gear is a 1.50, best on a 325/50 is a 1.52.

best et 11.02
best mph 123.8
Both@3750lbs raceweight and on the 28x11 slicks. No M/T drag radials were available at that time. Possibly in the 10's now on the 325/50. WIll know here soon as I am putting it back together.

Sounds to me like you have the symptoms of blowing through the converter. WHen it sounds like the car is "laboring" but not moving either 1st gear is slipping or you are blowing through the converter.

BTW Ed Wright swears by ATI products, he wanted me to put one in my car, but I already had this one. And be for sure TCS makes a BAD *** piece. The whole front 1/2 is out of billet steel.

David, thanks a lot for the info it sounds like we have similar goals I want a ten second pass on motor and was also planning on spraying in to the nines but, I'am having second thoughts of putting a 4L60E back in the car with a bigger stall and just staying NA I can't afford any mishaps with playing with nitrous. I'm sure my car has a ten in it if I could cut a decent sixty.

Good luck on your ride tens won't be a problem for you with the right converter your so close now.

Also here is a vid at the track you can see how lazy the car leaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znACpm-GHeg

Last edited by BADHAWK51; 11-04-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Troubles with sixty foot