LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Trick Flow 21 Degree LT1 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
Why is the website showing different numbers?

http://www.trickflow.com/partresourc...er+heads%2Epdf

Different set of heads. The "Gen X" heads are 23 degrees.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Wouldnt these degree heads keep you out of most of the racing classes? Like at the shootout??
I'm sure if enough guys are using them and they are an advantage, they could just impose a weight penalty.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are not going to be able to look at the head and see they are 21*.

Just like you cant look at a 23* head thats been angle milled and rolled 3 degrees.

A Brodix 18X head to look at it looks almost identical to a 23* head. To look at them and tell is not likely.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Well the shootout rules say must be 23 degree heads in all classes but Outlaw. Just have to hope everyone is honest. Not much of a victory if you have to cheat to get there.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tapout911
Well the shootout rules say must be 23 degree heads in all classes but Outlaw. Just have to hope everyone is honest. Not much of a victory if you have to cheat to get there.
Not to mention the severe wedgies being handed out to anyone caught cheating.
(even if it's not until after the races)
Old 12-06-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

When are these heads supposed to be out? I need a set of heads and would really like to try these out, if not these it be a set of dart heads. Any work on these comin out?
Old 12-07-2008, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why is the website showing different numbers?

http://www.trickflow.com/partresourc...er+heads%2Epdf

aren't these numbers for the 23* TFS LT1 heads?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
When are these heads supposed to be out? I need a set of heads and would really like to try these out, if not these it be a set of dart heads. Any work on these comin out?
Same here, I'm ready to pick up a set of Dart 200s and have them ported.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

about myself i feel these 21* LT1 TFS heads will be better than ported stock LT1 castings specaily when reworked correctly. about myself i will try these 21* LT1 TFS heads ported by AI in my 1996 LT1 caprice impala SS with AI ported LT1 intake manifold and custom cam from AI.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Abdullah
aren't these numbers for the 23* TFS LT1 heads?
I believe so. My mistake. Am I looking at the wrong heads here also or are they keeping the same name...?

"For Release: Immediate

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE:

"Trick Flow GenX™ Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for Naturally Aspirated GM LT1 Engines
Download this image
in hi-resolution.
AKRON, Trick Flow Specialties introduces the best-flowing cast cylinder heads available for naturally aspirated LT1 engines: Trick Flow GenX™ Street/Strip Cylinder Heads. Out-of-the-box, these heads are easily capable of producing well in excess of 500 naturally aspirated horsepower.

Trick Flow GenX Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for GM LT1 feature 54cc combustion chambers to maintain the factory 10.25:1 compression ratio, but have CNC-profiled and bowl-blended combustion chambers to maximize performance. The heads have 21° valve angles—reduced from 23°—to increase piston-to-valve clearance and unshroud the chambers for better flow.

GenX Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for GM LT1 also feature 185cc intake and 67cc exhaust Fast As Cast™ runners that duplicate the port shape and profile of fully CNC-ported runners. The result is near CNC-ported power and performance for the same price as standard cast cylinder heads—and the best-flowing cast LT1 heads available.

The fully assembled heads come with stainless steel 2.020" intake/1.600" exhaust valves, GM LS-style 1.300" double valve springs, chromemoly steel retainers and locks, guideplates, and ARP 3/8" rocker studs. In addition, these heads retain the use of all stock sensors and fittings. Bare cylinder head castings are also available.

Based in Akron, Ohio, Trick Flow Specialties offers products that provide "Ultimate Bolt-On Performance." Trick Flow's product lines include cylinder heads, intake manifolds, camshafts, valvetrain components, and more."
Old 01-02-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe so. My mistake. Am I looking at the wrong heads here also or are they keeping the same name...?

"For Release: Immediate

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE:

"Trick Flow GenX™ Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for Naturally Aspirated GM LT1 Engines
Download this image
in hi-resolution.
AKRON, Trick Flow Specialties introduces the best-flowing cast cylinder heads available for naturally aspirated LT1 engines: Trick Flow GenX™ Street/Strip Cylinder Heads. Out-of-the-box, these heads are easily capable of producing well in excess of 500 naturally aspirated horsepower.

Trick Flow GenX Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for GM LT1 feature 54cc combustion chambers to maintain the factory 10.25:1 compression ratio, but have CNC-profiled and bowl-blended combustion chambers to maximize performance. The heads have 21° valve angles—reduced from 23°—to increase piston-to-valve clearance and unshroud the chambers for better flow.

GenX Street/Strip Cylinder Heads for GM LT1 also feature 185cc intake and 67cc exhaust Fast As Cast™ runners that duplicate the port shape and profile of fully CNC-ported runners. The result is near CNC-ported power and performance for the same price as standard cast cylinder heads—and the best-flowing cast LT1 heads available.

The fully assembled heads come with stainless steel 2.020" intake/1.600" exhaust valves, GM LS-style 1.300" double valve springs, chromemoly steel retainers and locks, guideplates, and ARP 3/8" rocker studs. In addition, these heads retain the use of all stock sensors and fittings. Bare cylinder head castings are also available.

Based in Akron, Ohio, Trick Flow Specialties offers products that provide "Ultimate Bolt-On Performance." Trick Flow's product lines include cylinder heads, intake manifolds, camshafts, valvetrain components, and more."

check post # 26 :

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...1-heads-3.html
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Waiting for the cross section we need for 400 inch engines. All you CNC houses, get teh machines warmed up and ready. No one need170-185 cc heads like these guys are saying, the market is flooded with "average" heads

Sure you can make 500 hp with some fo the stuff and solid rollers with lots of curtain area and open time, but we need real heads on par with SBC and LS1 stuff. A 400 inch hyd roller pump gas LT1 should be able to go 9.something without nuts camshaft or 3000 lbs. Its an engine like all the rest
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a thread with actual data and photos of these castings that we started here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...info-pics.html

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Waiting for the cross section we need for 400 inch engines. All you CNC houses, get teh machines warmed up and ready. No one need170-185 cc heads like these guys are saying, the market is flooded with "average" heads

Sure you can make 500 hp with some fo the stuff and solid rollers with lots of curtain area and open time, but we need real heads on par with SBC and LS1 stuff. A 400 inch hyd roller pump gas LT1 should be able to go 9.something without nuts camshaft or 3000 lbs. Its an engine like all the rest
A 350cid stock shortblock LT1 could probably go 9's with our cut factory heads & a near stock manifold if one were inclined to work hard enough at it. It is sometimes difficult for any manufacturer to determine whether or not they should produce what you guys need, or what you may have been lead to believe you need. In the end the probability is that we will produce both as detailed in the thread about these heads
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
There is a thread with actual data and photos of these castings that we started here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...info-pics.html

A 350cid stock shortblock LT1 could probably go 9's with our cut factory heads & a near stock manifold if one were inclined to work hard enough at it. It is sometimes difficult for any manufacturer to determine whether or not they should produce what you guys need, or what you may have been lead to believe you need. In the end the probability is that we will produce both as detailed in the thread about these heads
It could, but more so as a function of camshaft for days aftermarket computer and 9500 rpm. No one wants to build a super stocker LT1 (sorry Gizmo! ) but a few people.

People buy and build LS1 stuff because you literally can throw together a low 10 second NA car with shelf stuff, and be simple/reliable/driveable. Withotu turning it into a project (and not many want to "project" a LT1 car, they just get into a LS1) your going to need cubes as much as you can get reasonably, and enough cyl head to feed it to 7K without long x huge solid roller cams. If you dont have enough cyl head you can crutch it w/ cam somewhat.

Give me a cyl head correct, we have 408 inches and hyd stuff, no reason why you cant see 10.40s NA at 3700 lbs like normal LS1 stuff. I hate damn pushrod pinch - anyone make a bad *** 5/32 pushrod
With a hyd roller, your more limited on what you can get curtain area wise with the cam, so need a head that can move a good quantity of air, move it well, in the time alotted. 240 some degrees, not 280
Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Any new info on these?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could, but more so as a function of camshaft for days aftermarket computer and 9500 rpm. No one wants to build a super stocker LT1 (sorry Gizmo! ) but a few people.

People buy and build LS1 stuff because you literally can throw together a low 10 second NA car with shelf stuff, and be simple/reliable/driveable. Withotu turning it into a project (and not many want to "project" a LT1 car, they just get into a LS1) your going to need cubes as much as you can get reasonably, and enough cyl head to feed it to 7K without long x huge solid roller cams. If you dont have enough cyl head you can crutch it w/ cam somewhat.

Give me a cyl head correct, we have 408 inches and hyd stuff, no reason why you cant see 10.40s NA at 3700 lbs like normal LS1 stuff. I hate damn pushrod pinch - anyone make a bad *** 5/32 pushrod
With a hyd roller, your more limited on what you can get curtain area wise with the cam, so need a head that can move a good quantity of air, move it well, in the time alotted. 240 some degrees, not 280
Amen Brother!!!! Amen!!!!!

Why can't we have heads that are badazz out the box like the LSx guys and they get to run them with streetable hydraulic cams. If the stock LS1 and LS2weren't bad enough they get relatively cheap L92 heads that flow 320 CFM out the box with no requirements for exotic and expensive stuff shaft rockers and solid roller cams.

They get to run 10's all day long at the track then get 20 MPG's on the way home and may even pass emissions to boot!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Just like you cant look at a 23* head thats been angle milled and rolled 3 degrees.
I think you would get a huge surprise when you tried to get your intake to fit! Quite a lot would have to be cut from the intake side of the head or intake.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a class called Stock Eliminator. My LT1 turns approx. 7400-7500 rpm going thru the traps. How high do you think one of those low ten second LSX motors is turning (N/A)?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

We can do it under 7000.

Lt1 with manifold that doesnt make torque would want more rpm but PCM wont let it.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So are these available yet? I have a set of new LE3 heads with 2.05 valves and solid roller springs sitting here, but I would much rather sell those to use these 21* heads ported out. I think my future 385 E85 build would much rather have a set of these ported to 215+ cc's.

Anyone have pricing/part#'s on these heads bare yet?

Quick Reply: New Trick Flow 21 Degree LT1 Heads