LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lowered Car/ Long Tubes Question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokinlt1
My front dam scrubs on everything, I've grinded a hole at bottom of right header and had to weld it shut. I love how it looks but I'm gonna have to raise it back up some.pg[/IMG]
Damn man yours hang really low! How do you manage driving over speed bumps etc etc
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure I got them from the same place the motor from hell came from. Thing runs strong, I've got some valve train demons to exorcise though.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Damn man yours hang really low! How do you manage driving over speed bumps etc etc
After grinding a hole in the header I quit trying to go over speedbumps. I try to drive around them if I can, if not then I just don't go to the places I know it will scrub. I filled the end of my driveway with concrete so now the headers dont scrub there anymore. The dam scrubs on everything.
Subdivision Covenant(sp?)laws say I can't have the concrete since it'll block water drainage flow and looks bad so I might have to remove it. My neighbors also complain that I wake them up every morning along with there being tire marks leaving my driveway. You shouldve heard the complaints when I ran it with open headers for 3 weeks.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car is lowered with pacesetters and i've had no problem just be carefull on speed bumps/curbs.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokinlt1
After grinding a hole in the header I quit trying to go over speedbumps. I try to drive around them if I can, if not then I just don't go to the places I know it will scrub. I filled the end of my driveway with concrete so now the headers dont scrub there anymore. The dam scrubs on everything.
Subdivision Covenant(sp?)laws say I can't have the concrete since it'll block water drainage flow and looks bad so I might have to remove it. My neighbors also complain that I wake them up every morning along with there being tire marks leaving my driveway. You shouldve heard the complaints when I ran it with open headers for 3 weeks.
My buddy took me for a ride in his with open headers...my ears started to bleed and I'm pretty sure a few windows shattered
Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I don't see how anyone could drive around all the time with open headers. I was def ready for some kind of muffler after 10mins of driving.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had cut my bullets off, so I was running open h pipe. The hotcam sounds mighty mean through a open h pipe. Being in FL and not really very worried about mufflers I'd love to get duals that go back out over the axle with the X where the spohn crossmember dips down and run no mufflers. I think that would sound great and then at least the noise would be exiting out the back, not dumped halfway down the door.

Amazing how much more quieter things get with those bullets.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im lowered a 1.5 up front and 1.0 in the back with Pacesetter Long tubes. Most speedbumps i can get over, only a few of them i scrape. The air damn however pretty much pushes dirt around.

Quick Reply: Lowered Car/ Long Tubes Question...