LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Canfield Heads arrive ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I forgot about updating this thread. I had your basic nightmare with the rockers. The rockers themselves are fine, it's just that you don't need the offset rockers. I swapped to some standard 1.7's from the same vendor but the rockers were just so fat that I sold them for a $100 loss and put the CC ProMags back on.

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Just ordered some Scorpion 1.7 ratio, 7/16" stud, .150 offset Roller rockers(SCP1034). Due to some conversation in a separate thread where we're discussing the valve stems on my just removed Ported LT1 Castings, I thought I'd punt on my old rockers. These are Stainless Steel Ferrara LT4 sized valves and my machinist stated the tips on some valves looked 'beat up'. After much debate, it was offered that the rocker arms might be in poor shape. I have had these CC ProMags (1.6, 7/16" ratio) on there since 2007 when I went to the solid roller cam. I don't know for sure they're at fault, I just thought I'd make sure and get some new ones. Plus, with these .150 offset Canfields, I would feel better with the rockers matching. This 1.7 ratio in conjunction with my current cam will move my I/E lifts to .607/.602

Quick Reply: LT1 Canfield Heads arrive ...