LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

This can't be good...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look man, I'm telling you from experience. Unless there is some additional major damage to that cylinder head that I cannot see in the pic, it is completely fixable. A new valve seat, some smoothing with a die grinder, welding if it is beat up bad enough.

I don't have a picture of the damage to mine that have been fixed, but it was a hell of a lot worse than that. This picture of the cylinder it happened in should give you an idea.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

DAMN FERGY, that’s a lot of damage!

Look guys, I’m kinda tired of the LT1 engine and everything that goes along with it. The LS engines are a better design, separate intake runners, separate exhaust ports, smoother running, 4/7 cylinder swap, aluminum block, tons more aftermarket parts, better ignition, it goes on.

Here’s my problem: I specifically wanted a Formula hardtop in Quasar Blue and this one came along and I grabbed it. Looking at a similar color in a LS car limits me to a ‘99 or ‘00 which came in Medium Gulf Blue. While I’ve been keeping an eye out for one of these, plus add an A4 and WS6 and I’ll never find one.

Options are:

Most likely part this one out and save all the chassis goodies for "the next one", SFC, TA, wheels, SSBC brakes, swaybar, etc.

Less likely, convert this one to a LS car. A lot of work and I don’t have the funds for it.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When were these springs purchased? Do you have a batch number?
Sorry if it was already asked lol I didn't realize there were 4 more pages

Quick Reply: This can't be good...