LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam Heads Combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tireburnin

Good parts and attention to detail make for a fast car.
that is very true...

you and i would be a good race, to bad you are all the way in calli.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I don't know much about h/c/i, but I will tell what little I really know. I hear constant great things about Lloyd Elliot. AI machine ports their heads and LE does each set himself...Some people may or may not like that, but Once you have been doing it as long LE has you get dang good; it is probably second nature to him. He can give you a great setup on a budget and I doubt any slight differences between AI and LE warrant the much higher price, but I could be wrong.

One thing I do know for sure is that some people on here need to take a chill pill. Putting smiles after telling someone they are ignorant, to f&#K off, or that you are going to run a train on their sister do not exactly water those remarks down much even if they are partly in jest. I am sure that as "adults" (and not kids) we can all find better ways to disagree with each others opinions. Talking smack on the internet solely belongs on the import forums and adultfriendfinder.com lol(i hate that pop up cause everybody knows it means somebody was looking at something naughty).
Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
What the hell did I start? all I wanted was some suggestions because my search function was not working.

You done did it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone mentioned someone OTHER than Advanced Induction in a thread trolled by 96capricemgr. You ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go back to your room!!!!!!!!

j/k

There are several places that offer outstanding work and service with the main 2 in the LT1 world being Ai and LE.

FWIW a local guy here had an LE2 package on a stock shortblock, with an M6 car. This was 3 years ago too, not sure if the LE2 package is the same or not to be honest. We went for a cruise (there were about 10 of us), and the red Z lined up next to my friends Viper with intake/exhaust (about 450rwhp). They did a long pull from about 40-130+, and the Z pulled him pretty damn good 3-4 lengths.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pulling a viper...Now that is....that is impressive.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
Pulling a viper...Now that is....that is impressive.
The funny thing is that I was right behind the Viper and I didn't know they were going to "get on it". When they did, the sound was just insane! I never even stood on it to catch up or anything, and from my vantage point I could tell the Z was ahead, and by the time they stopped they were a mile up.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got le2 heads and an le3.2 cam in a 383 that laid down 437rwhp and 408 rwtq on Ed Wrights dyno. He said I'd see about 10 more on newer dyno's. I figure with the motor being new and I did have some bugs that hurt the numbers that it was darn good. I talked to Llyod and he helped me out alot. He always returned my calls and everything. My next lt1 if I ever get one will have an AI kit just so I can argue either way. Very happy with LE.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

holy shikes, sheikss! nice #s
Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

To break the mold, Id suggest Eric Bradby for your heads or Larry Meaux..Search around, and you'll see what kind of work those guys do
Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Everybody talks about LE being cheaper. Only his budget heads and LE1 heads using stock valves are cheaper. LE2's are very close in price 1650 with cam which are about equal to AI's 190 cc head at 1745 with cam. Yes that only $95. And AI's seem to flow more with a slightly smaller runner.
However LE's budget heads at $750 can not be beat for someone looking for a valve job and budget porting that would give a nice increase in horsepower when one of several mild cams were installed at the same time.
Either will give you good results. I was going to use LE because I have a 97 with the thinner castings the AI does not port. After seeing AI bring back ther 1900 cc runner with CNC porting I have now sourced a set of castings off of E-bay for AI to port soon. My vote goes to AI for $95 more!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the 226/234 AI cam and eventually will go with the 200cc heads from AI. I havent fired up the motor since the cam as i need a few more things but so far i have been very happy, quick shipping, good customer service, and the cam package with everything you need is a hell of a deal.

As for LE there is alot of people running them and i haven't heard anything bad, i was looking into the LE2 package before but decided to go with AI for really no big reasons just wanted to be differen't haha.

Either way you go i'm sure you'll be happy, AI's heads will be a little more cash but with them being machine ported and not by hand that is where the extra cost is coming into play. but as mbowtie71 said it's only about 100 bucks more. Def worth it for the CNC ported heads

Good luck with your choice!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is AI's equivalent to an le1, le2 and le3. I still bet higher hp can be had with LE for less money and with all things considered I bet the average joe saves way more than $95.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not dissing AI at all. I just know what I read, see and hear. I have no heads and cam experience at all and feom what I know AI does a great job as well.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well AI has multiple heads from stock ported castings to ported trickflows, ported Darts, and ported LT4's. For the ported stock castings they have 200cc and 190cc packages which come with your choice of any of their billet cams of your choice. If you call they can help you pick a good set-up. I went with the 226/234 cam and will go back for the 200cc heads eventually. Just give them a call and they'll fill you in on everything.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't respond last night after reading that smart *** comment, had to cool off so not to start a bashing contest, ALL i was stateing is my esperience with Lloyd, i've had about 3 phone conversations with him, every time he was very pleasant, gave me some ins/outs on what i could do, whether it be his products, or on my own useing other cams, to me, that doesn't sound like a guy just in it for the money, i like dealing with people like that, i've delt with many ****** when it comes to looking at performance stuff, but guys like Lloyd will get my business, & i'll always recammend him too others, thats what makes good business practices, as for the smart-*** comment earlier, i consider the source, he will dig his own grave sooner or later, "hopefully sooner then later", i wouldn't compare him to 96Caprice, at least 96Caprice speaks knowledge, & hes straight forward!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LM97Z
I didn't respond last night after reading that smart *** comment, had to cool off so not to start a bashing contest, ALL i was stateing is my esperience with Lloyd, i've had about 3 phone conversations with him, every time he was very pleasant, gave me some ins/outs on what i could do, whether it be his products, or on my own useing other cams, to me, that doesn't sound like a guy just in it for the money, i like dealing with people like that, i've delt with many ****** when it comes to looking at performance stuff, but guys like Lloyd will get my business, & i'll always recammend him too others, thats what makes good business practices, as for the smart-*** comment earlier, i consider the source, he will dig his own grave sooner or later, "hopefully sooner then later", i wouldn't compare him to 96Caprice, at least 96Caprice speaks knowledge, & hes straight forward!!!
Don't sweat it bro..the guy is a little girl who enjoys talking big over the net and enjoys posting up pointless stuff to get his post count up...either that or he was hoping 96Caprice would help him out which didn't happen
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LM97Z
Longest sentence EVER, but I agree with you for the most part.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another great thread!

I went with AI, and I talked with Lloyd before going with AI (Lloyd seems to be a good cat too ).

In my experience Ron and Phil provide excellent customer service and a great product.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to see AI being a sponsor on here now, about time!!
The AI product is consistant due to the CNC process, a hand job will not be consistant.

The comparison of the 2 is funny really but it keeps happening.

I like the numbers seen from the AI set ups in comparison to others.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Shon said, being all done CNC, and every set of heads being the same due to that, the AI stuff runs every time.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Like Shon said, being all done CNC, and every set of heads being the same due to that, the AI stuff runs every time.
Agreed 100% I just wish i had cash for my 200cc heads haha. Or to even finish my motor so i can put down some damn good numbers with my AI cam only motor.

Quick Reply: Cam Heads Combo