LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam Heads Combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
The AI product is consistant due to the CNC process, a hand job will not be consistant.

Somebody is doing something wrong cause I always receive the same consistent outcome...Sorry, I couldn't help it
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Don't sweat it bro..the guy is a little girl who enjoys talking big over the net and enjoys posting up pointless stuff to get his post count up...either that or he was hoping 96Caprice would help him out which didn't happen
Who was hoping Dwayne would help out?

Isn't what you posted like the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LM97Z
I didn't respond last night after reading that smart *** comment, had to cool off so not to start a bashing contest, ALL i was stateing is my esperience with Lloyd, i've had about 3 phone conversations with him, every time he was very pleasant, gave me some ins/outs on what i could do, whether it be his products, or on my own useing other cams, to me, that doesn't sound like a guy just in it for the money, i like dealing with people like that, i've delt with many ****** when it comes to looking at performance stuff, but guys like Lloyd will get my business, & i'll always recammend him too others, thats what makes good business practices, as for the smart-*** comment earlier, i consider the source, he will dig his own grave sooner or later, "hopefully sooner then later", i wouldn't compare him to 96Caprice, at least 96Caprice speaks knowledge, & hes straight forward!!!
Wow - glad you cooled off so you wouldn't continue the inflammatory rhetoric

Glad Lloyd was pleasant to you - seems like he is with most. As far as the smart-*** comment - grow thicker skin. This is an internet message board, not the source-messiah of all things LT1. There are countless folks who don't post about LT1's who have vast knowledge about them, so the advice about seeking out others outside of the internet arena is actually pretty good. Sorry if I hurt your fragile feelings explaining A1 from Ai - it was nothing personal.

Who's digging graves, and what in the hell does any of that have to do with this thead? Has anyone died as a result of frivolity on a message board, and do you really get so worked up on what you read here? Good freakin' grief.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Glad to see AI being a sponsor on here now, about time!!
The AI product is consistant due to the CNC process, a hand job will not be consistant.

The comparison of the 2 is funny really but it keeps happening.

I like the numbers seen from the AI set ups in comparison to others.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Wow - glad you cooled off so you wouldn't continue the inflammatory rhetoric

Glad Lloyd was pleasant to you - seems like he is with most. As far as the smart-*** comment - grow thicker skin. This is an internet message board, not the source-messiah of all things LT1. There are countless folks who don't post about LT1's who have vast knowledge about them, so the advice about seeking out others outside of the internet arena is actually pretty good. Sorry if I hurt your fragile feelings explaining A1 from Ai - it was nothing personal.

Who's digging graves, and what in the hell does any of that have to do with this thead? Has anyone died as a result of frivolity on a message board, and do you really get so worked up on what you read here? Good freakin' grief.
You say big words like "Frivolity" meaning (lack in seriousness), obviously, you don't even know what that means lol, because you responce to my post with all intend to be "serious" about your comments, so who's calling any Kettle black , i'm sure with your big mouth, you lack in "Testosterone", your a Peckerwood, & i'm sure most will agree
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

People should really look at what Speed Demon24 has posted. There is NO real equivelancy between the product or results when it comes to Ai/LE discussions. Consistency is a HUGE factor when it comes to good results.

In regards to the 190cc heads:
They are the best value relative to results. I ran these heads because the 200cc heads weren't released yet. They have awesome potential for a budget concious build. Rick Abare made 30hp more with the 200cc heads vs the 190cc heads (which says good things about the 190s).
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vanilla89
that is very true...

you and i would be a good race, to bad you are all the way in calli.
What kind of 60ft did you have on that run in your sig? I always felt that I could have run a 6.9X if I could have gotten my 60ft to a 1.55 or below, but I'll never know now.

I've since parted out that LT1 engine and Ai is building me an LS3 crate engine. I hope to have some results from the new setup in the near future.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

You say big words like "Frivolity" meaning (lack in seriousness), obviously, you don't even know what that means lol, because you responce to my post with all intend to be "serious" about your comments, so who's calling any Kettle black ,
I'm well aware of what frivolity means, and it what was intended in the first response regarding A1.

i'm sure with your big mouth, you lack in "Testosterone", your a Peckerwood, & i'm sure most will agree
When you finally graduate from adult school, maybe you'll learn how to spell & compose a sentence well enough to not look like such a douche trying to. What in the hell does a male hormone and a silly reference to anatomy have to do with this thread? Are your homo tendencies starting to show? You speak for the masses now?

Get a life, jackass.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

OP,

Depending on what you want I would also suggest looking into Lingenfelter. LPE's heads/cam combo w/ the right know how can get you into the very low 12's if not high 11's depending on many factors like your wieght, driving skill, atmosphere/track conditions. I had this combo on my 1996 SS from 1997 to 2004. It weighed 3750lbs, 3.73 gears, Hooker LT's, offroad y-pipe through full exhaust, stock ignition, stock fuel system on 16" ET Streets and ran a best of 12.09 @ 115.5 w/ a 1.7 60'. This was done at a very close to sealevel track on a 40something degree day. It dynoed 375whp and 355wtq. I had this combo on my car for more than 70K miles daily driven, racing almost every Friday night and never had one engine mechanical issue. I'd break spider gears or gears here and there, but the engine was always sound and extremely consistent through the traps.
The cam LPE sells for the LT1 mini-ram intake is a 211/219 duration and .533/.560 lift (with 1.6rr) on a 112lsa. It is extremely mild and you would only be able to hear a slight lope if you do not run catyletic converter(s). Basically the power curve of this combo would be the exact same as stock, only on a higher level. I think peak was 5900rpm and my shift points were 6200rpm. Performance wise this combo is still on par and in some cases far better than "modern" combos that are being offered today.
If you want something a bit more radical then I would certainly suggest AI.

Good luck w/ your choice. I'd take listening to 96capricemgr's advice into consideration.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm well aware of what frivolity means, and it what was intended in the first response regarding A1.

When you finally graduate from adult school, maybe you'll learn how to spell & compose a sentence well enough to not look like such a douche trying to. What in the hell does a male hormone and a silly reference to anatomy have to do with this thread? Are your homo tendencies starting to show? You speak for the masses now?

Get a life, jackass.
I see that bashing Mr. Lloyd Elliott is still in vogue here. I often wonder if R & P ever get embasassed with all of this or if they actually encourage it. I like to think they are above that. Perhaps they are not. They did remove their negative reference to an "internet cam guru" and his cam from their website. That made me chuckle.

The quoted post begs for a few comments:

A preposition is a bad word to end a sentence with.

"to not look"? Perhaps you meant "not to look".

I believe it should be ,"Do you speak for the masses now?"

The slang term "douche" or "douche bag" denotes the negative qualities of arrogance or malice. Hmmm. I could use the kettle reference here, but I'm too nice to do that. Ba-da-boom!

"frivolity" -- marked by unbecoming levity. You might read that as making a fool (or jackass) of yourself. I read it that way.

[References for definitions are available upon request]

Where or where are the grammar police when you really need them? Or for that matter, where are the moderators?

Evidently SS MPSTR was not an English major in college (or high school or grammar school). Neither was I, but some errors are so obvious as to jump out at me. I missed a few others, but I'll leave those for the GP.

Jon
Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

He ain't no cam guru that's for sure. I got to be one of his guinea pigs. It was expensive.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may be wrong (I was one time in 1976, I think it was) but I believe SS MSTR is now composing a response. I noticed that when I checked his profile. Hmmmm.

Edit: 10:05 PM Evidently he thought better of it according to his Profile.

Last edited by Old SStroker; 01-04-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Late-breaking news.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
I may be wrong (I was one time in 1976, I think it was) but I believe SS MSTR is now composing a response. I noticed that when I checked his profile. Hmmmm.

Edit: 10:05 PM Evidently he thought better of it according to his Profile.
You intimidator, you.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fergymoto
He ain't no cam guru that's for sure. I got to be one of his guinea pigs. It was expensive.
Talking about Bert? Nope, he certainly is not.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Yes I am
Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice guys, I will do some more research. My search function is working now. So I will do a little digging around. I can not wait to add my heads, cam and Supercharger.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
I see that bashing Mr. Lloyd Elliott is still in vogue here. I often wonder if R & P ever get embasassed with all of this or if they actually encourage it. I like to think they are above that. Perhaps they are not. They did remove their negative reference to an "internet cam guru" and his cam from their website. That made me chuckle.

The quoted post begs for a few comments:

A preposition is a bad word to end a sentence with.

"to not look"? Perhaps you meant "not to look".

I believe it should be ,"Do you speak for the masses now?"

The slang term "douche" or "douche bag" denotes the negative qualities of arrogance or malice. Hmmm. I could use the kettle reference here, but I'm too nice to do that. Ba-da-boom!

"frivolity" -- marked by unbecoming levity. You might read that as making a fool (or jackass) of yourself. I read it that way.

[References for definitions are available upon request]

Where or where are the grammar police when you really need them? Or for that matter, where are the moderators?

Evidently SS MPSTR was not an English major in college (or high school or grammar school). Neither was I, but some errors are so obvious as to jump out at me. I missed a few others, but I'll leave those for the GP.

Jon
For those not interested in a response to Jon's dissertation, as a direct result of a long-standing fued between us, skip this post. This, as well as OldJoker's post, have absolutely nothing to do with the OP question - with the exception of the following: Lloyd is a nice guy and would not steer you wrong. I have not bashed Lloyd in this thread, but keep in mind that they are all out to make money.

Jon, thanks for taking the time to pry yourself away from the Twain literature to come play with the kids, and deliver a little self-serving English lesson. Done stocking the liquor store shelves now, are you? You're only correct about two things - yes I ended sentence with a prepositional phrase (God, have pity on me! That's a 6th grade cardinal rule too!) and I'm as much of an expert in English as your kid is in head & valve train design. As it turns out, neither one of us went to school to master these respective areas. Bummer.

As for why Ai removed some text from their website, I cannot opine. Call Ron or Phil. Are you guys so insecure to actually believe the reference in question was about Bert? Now that's funny!

"to not look" and "not to look" are both acceptable, although I do like the second one better, and it is likely more universally approved or preferred by folks who teach the language. That will certainly teach me not to respond in a hurry again!

Noun 1. frivolity - the trait of being frivolous; not serious or sensible. Related words - levity - a manner lacking seriousness. This is clearly what I was referring to (specifically with regard to the A1/Ai reference, for the second time, plus the actual word is used), but the dynamics of the language allow you to skew it however you like, despite how it was written. Nice try though.

Borrowed from my Urban Dictionary: Douchebag - An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of people with no sense of how moronic he appears. I found your picture next to this definition, so I knew I was at the right one, plus it suited the specific use in the original response I like the kettle reference you used - you probably chuckled when you wrote that too, huh? Considering it was used out of context (addressing another member), it is pretty funny.

Who needs grammar police when you're around? To think that someone had to 'cool-off', then mentions digging graves, and falls back to the old tried and true machismo bullshit, after reading a differing response to an internet message board is really sad. I've already addressed that and apologized if the response was overly sensitive. And to top it all off, we've got the father of a banned member come on here to teach English 101 out of spite based on past disputes over an issue that no longer exists, is just pathetic.

Good luck to the OP in his quest for achieving his goals, regardless of the particular shop he chooses.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck to the OP in his quest for achieving his goals, regardless of the particular shop he chooses.
Amen.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

"fued"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fued

Quick Reply: Cam Heads Combo