LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The Official Header Thread :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myltwon
most of the people on this board have parts from other countries on their mexican/canadian muscle cars

who cares where they are made as long as its a quality part

I mean ****, ShamWow is made in Germany and everyone knows the Germans make good things

^^^^^LMAO!!!!!!^^^^^^
What Pisses me off the most is that not only are you hating on LPP, but also saying the people that bought them are not supportive of American Companies, and got an inferior product, with 0 facts to support that, and for anyone questioning the fittment ofLPPs vs. kooks just look through george from kooks previous posts, they are full of complaints.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dude in charge of LPP lives in USA, so if he gets our money, so does USA... it ain't like he's not making a profit. Who cares where the workers are? If our economy wasn't Bass Akwards we'd still be a producing country... but we are fat hungry americans.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTC.
You are the one that stated "I almost certain its been proven that the LPP' is a copy of the Kooks header". I am challenging you for the proof to backup that statement as well as your other statements asserting the same. Pics dont count.

Either produce the concrete proof or
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wrd1972,

I've stated my opinion. They look like Kooks, manufactured with a different grade of stainless steel, using different merge collectors than what was used on my set of Kooks. I'm interested in how someone produces a product for sale that so closely resembles something already on the market if there weren't some degree of reverse engineering involved. Whether or not anybody did anything wrong, ethically, legally, or otherwise, I have no idea, nor do I really care. That's none of my concern. I'm just an interested LT1/Kooks owner.

Regards.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon
I mean ****, ShamWow is made in Germany and everyone knows the Germans make good things

yep my wife's company does their advertising so we get lots of that free stuff, will post pics for verification
Old 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it work like the commercial?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BTC
wrd1972,

I've stated my opinion. They look like Kooks, manufactured with a different grade of stainless steel, using different merge collectors than what was used on my set of Kooks. I'm interested in how someone produces a product for sale that so closely resembles something already on the market if there weren't some degree of reverse engineering involved. Whether or not anybody did anything wrong, ethically, legally, or otherwise, I have no idea, nor do I really care. That's none of my concern. I'm just an interested LT1/Kooks owner.

Regards.
If you had prefaced your comments here and elsewhere "it is my opinion that .....", then there would be no issue and I would not challenge you on it like I have. You (as well as others) have not done this when making your statements except for once have we slinged it out then. This behavior is damaging to companies.

It is not unreasonable to request proof when one is asserting what you are asserting which I took from you as fact.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:58 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
If you had prefaced your comments here and elsewhere "it is my opinion that .....", then there would be no issue and I would not challenge you on it like I have. You (as well as others) have not done this when making your statements except for once have we slinged it out then. This behavior is damaging to companies.

It is not unreasonable to request proof when one is asserting what you are asserting which I took from you as fact.
I think they're essentially a Kooks clone. I have no interest in confirming it as fact. It wasn't my intention to state it as fact. It wasn't my intention to damage anyone's reputation. In fact, comparisons to what has been widely regarded as the best LT1 header on the market could even be interpreted as complimentary. Perhaps some of my comments were provocative, but I think most anyone with 20/20 vision, maybe even 20/30, would immediately recognize striking similarities between the two products. As a Kooks owner, I thought that was very interesting.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

fair enough.

Quick Reply: The Official Header Thread :)