LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What do you think of this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HPP in Lewisville does dyno tuning, took my car to them.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by za355tx
Sorry man it just kinda felt like you were saying I was stupid for buying one. I just got an email from Lloyd and he said the monoblade was going to help feed the motor with enough air as long as the intake setup was good as well.

Ulakovic: I don't know when I'll finally get everything together. I've got most of the parts but not all. I'm hoping within the next couple of months that it will be running.

I've heard that tuning can be hard with a monoblade but Bryan at PCMforless is pretty good at what he does. I'll have him do a base tune for me and if he ever comes down here again a dyno tune.
Well, like I said, HAVING one already will not be a bad thing. If you asked him what you should run in place of your stock 48mm, I think that he may have told you something else. But now you have the airflow for anything you can throw at it Super/Turbocharger or high shot of NOS, shouldn't be a problem as far as TB airflow heh Hopefully you have a good CAI!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

As you already know...400+hp + 4.10 10 bolt + sticky tires = catastrophe.

Other than that, It looks like a very stout build.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll look into HPP for tuning. Do they have a good rep?

If someone wants to donate a 12 bolt or 9 inch I'll take it. Haha. Just don't have the funds for one right now. Most of my money went to the other parts of the build. Hopefully during the summer maybe I'll have the money for one. It probably won't be raced until I get that 10 bolt out.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If someone wants to donate a 12 bolt or 9 inch I'll take it. Haha. Just don't have the funds for one right now. Most of my money went to the other parts of the build. Hopefully during the summer maybe I'll have the money for one. It probably won't be raced until I get that 10 bolt out.
I'd run bald street tires until then.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Looks good. The 10 bolt can last a while, but not forever.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, they mostly work on Mustangs so you can search for them on some Mustang forums. Been a while since I've talked to them, but the guys name is Manny IIRC. They are always pretty swamped but can normally squeeze the car in one night if you can leave it. Only one car I've seen personally that they did and that was Kelly's TT Viper. Everything else was a shop car or something sitting in one of their bays at the shop.

Is your car OBD I or II? They can only tune OBD II. If it's OBD I there is a guy in Keller that I used once, but I wouldn't suggest him personally. Others have had good experience with him though.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

My car is OBD1. I don't know even if they are still in business but I may take the car to Fuel Injection Specialties In San Antonio. I've heard alot of good things about them. I really want to get this stuff together but I'm still waiting on the heads and I need to pick up the motor from the machine shop. I had some decking done and it align honed. Few other little things too. Then I gotta get all my gaskets and start putting it together.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

If you are going to drive south just stop in Waco and talk to Moe Bailey.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

I thought I'd give an update on everything. Rear end and suspension are going in this weekend. Summit order will be placed tonight for gaskets and what not. I'm hoping to be through by April so my toy will be good and broken in by summer. The break in time is going to kill me.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this setup?