LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 T/A LT1 harness's

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdflewls1
Would a 94 engine harness work? and do i need a different computer or can i use my 97 ECM?/PCM
With a '94 harness you'll run into the same rewiring problems that you are having now. The '95 was a unique year.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so at work today I started pulling off the 97 engine wiring harness.. driverside almost complete working front to back.. found a plug that was never plugged in.. I believe it to be the Knock sensor? funny looking plug. So I was wonder would it not fire if this wasnt plugged in.. would it still not run the fuel pump if it wasnt plugged in? I cant find a 95 harness ANYWHERE.. for a lt1 with 6spd..if i rewire it like, i forget who Pmed me, but if i rewire it would it run? i mean i moved the wires around in the plugs on the Strut tower so to speak.. made them all connect from which wires i was told to move and make sure connect. and still nothing.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

That sucks dude. Good luck. And car will still fire if knock sensor is unplugged
Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

SOB... this car keeps getting more and more fun
Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

SOB... this car keeps getting more and more fun
LT1 for life!!!!

I hope this doesn't make you discouraged about them, it has nothing to do with the motor, it's just the predicament you're in sucks ***.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Alright so at work today I started pulling off the 97 engine wiring harness.. driverside almost complete working front to back.. found a plug that was never plugged in.. I believe it to be the Knock sensor? funny looking plug. So I was wonder would it not fire if this wasnt plugged in.. would it still not run the fuel pump if it wasnt plugged in? I cant find a 95 harness ANYWHERE.. for a lt1 with 6spd..if i rewire it like, i forget who Pmed me, but if i rewire it would it run? i mean i moved the wires around in the plugs on the Strut tower so to speak.. made them all connect from which wires i was told to move and make sure connect. and still nothing.
The knock sensor being unplugged will not affect the car starting.

You said that you were unable to pick up the PCM with a scanner. That tells me that you don't have power gettting to the PCM, aka you didn't rewire the connections on the shock tower properly.

You can use a wire harness for a A4 car, you will just have to (I know you love this) do some rewiring, but not for operation, but to get the reverse lights to work and what not.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

I rewired them took the wires out of the sockets.. put them in the correct ones so they lined up.. and connected.. still no firing.. fuel pump didnt run. maybe i did over look it again.. being colored blind doesnt help me much. So I will see if i can get a buddy to chime in and help me also. I do have a Stand alone harness from an LT4 project I have going on.. but Im not sure how i would get the fuel pump to run in that case ether. which wire to run it to, unless one of you would?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I rewired them took the wires out of the sockets.. put them in the correct ones so they lined up.. and connected.. still no firing.. fuel pump didnt run. maybe i did over look it again.. being colored blind doesnt help me much. So I will see if i can get a buddy to chime in and help me also. I do have a Stand alone harness from an LT4 project I have going on.. but Im not sure how i would get the fuel pump to run in that case ether. which wire to run it to, unless one of you would?
I would try to first get the PCM to be scannable, that would be step one. I think once you did, it would cure all of your problems.

Quick Reply: 95 T/A LT1 harness's