LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Little pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the yfz450's have a no start issue.
my friend has the same thing, an 07, and its got the no start issue. the reason is, they have a TPS on the carb, and if the TPS has been off the carb, or the thumb throttle has been off, or the cable been out, or anything they dont want to start. if you jump the TPS it will fire right up.

my friend ran into this one day, and it worked next. then he did an air box, silencer delete, and the cam mod, and it wont fire, but only after jumping the TPS.

this wicked guy sounds stand up. i would be pissed to if there was an issue, i was after i bought mine with 2 blown head gaskets and didnt know it. but i fixed it and beat the snot out of it now.

bad o2's will do some funny stupid things. backfire at idle, backfire under load, no start. run rich. get it changed out and try it then.

aaron
Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you jump it or check the batter cables for corrosion yet? Also after my truck sat for months the MAF went bad and caused the truck to run like crap.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it would turn over but not run.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Change the damned O2s!!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Change the damned O2s!!
+1 Says in the for sale add the o2s are bad. . . .
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like the original owner is being helpful and doesnt sound shaddy or anything. id be pissed, but you know, it is an older car, stuff does happen and its probably just something small when u do find the answer, so hopefully u find the problem and ur friend can enjoy the car by spring
Old 01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Launching!

my o2 was bad on my car, the ground wire was broken. but it ran for a while like that perfectly fine.
i do head gaskets, and now its backfiring. well since i had the battery disconnected it lost everything in the computer. so it had to relearn itself, and it wouldnt with a bad o2.
soldered it up and its been good for the last 11k miles.

aaron
Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

if the o2s are shot.. you are going to have a world of odd problems...

dont try to fix anything else fist... do those...
Old 01-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

change the o2s and check all the ground wires. my battery ground looked tear able my car would crank but not stat cleaned all the grounds and started right up.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
You can't really do that to a private seller. If it was a dealership then you have 3 days.
Sure you can. I'm not saying file it under "lemon law".
Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wickedformula
yes car did have bad o2's. check engine light would come on while driving. but go out when i turned it off for a while and started it. I don't know where to start because im being completely honest by saying it was running great for me. and the car had a dead battery once we got there. we pushed it off the trailor (he helped!) and into the yard. Same with the quad (dead battery). This was fine by both of us. So the whole story about him getting in it to start it and me leaving was B.S. since the battery was to low. Don't know why we're making things up here, maybe to make me look bad? Really would like to handle this maturely and help eachother out here.
No one is trying to bash you here man, this is what happens when you get only half of the story if you know what I mean. I'm glad you came and am helping to clear things up.

Btw glasspacks straight off the headers do sound badass. My friend did that with his 67 Chevy pickup with a gen 1 350, though I did have to yell "WHAT?" all the time.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TasTe_GOOD
No one is trying to bash you here man, this is what happens when you get only half of the story if you know what I mean. I'm glad you came and am helping to clear things up.

Btw glasspacks straight off the headers do sound badass. My friend did that with his 67 Chevy pickup with a gen 1 350, though I did have to yell "WHAT?" all the time.
you have to yell "WHAT" with 1 chambers or bullets or anything like that also... they are all loud as **** dumped..
Old 01-24-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not mad wicked since i've cooled down. But i was mad cause iwas so anxious to see the car. I feel bad cause i showed him the car, i have an o2 i can give him.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

theres no reason to do the O2s and spend $80 on them until you can get the car running. That is just bad advice. They dont do **** till its warmed up anyway and will run if you just unplug them. Also dont just go throwing sensors and **** at it, that too is a waste of $ and not the correct way to do things. Have you pulled the plugs yet? Fix up the injector harness and check spark on all 8 plugs, and verify injectors are firing.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Grr
theres no reason to do the O2s and spend $80 on them until you can get the car running. That is just bad advice. They dont do **** till its warmed up anyway and will run if you just unplug them. Also dont just go throwing sensors and **** at it, that too is a waste of $ and not the correct way to do things. Have you pulled the plugs yet? Fix up the injector harness and check spark on all 8 plugs, and verify injectors are firing.

x2

O2's don't do a damn thing until the car is warmed up and into closed loop mode. Your car doesn't function off of any reading from the O2 for about 2-3 minutes after it runs.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
x2

O2's don't do a damn thing until the car is warmed up and into closed loop mode. Your car doesn't function off of any reading from the O2 for about 2-3 minutes after it runs.
x3

I was going to comment on that too but forgot.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what i thought
Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TasTe_GOOD

the only story he got was the full one. whatever happened with it is something new. i had the car running fine so its buggin me too that the car is acting up like this. I would love to see that car up and running and stretchin its legs out on an open highway. I enjoyed it more than anything else having all that power under my right foot. Id like to see someone else enjoy it that much to. like i said, check out the plugs it drove it for a while with the bad o2's so who knows how much crap had gummed up on those plugs from just sittin. As for the quad, i got it running on starter fluid but wont run on its own. thinking its not getting fuel so im in the process of pullin the carb. don't think it was jetting correctly either. but we'll see. just keep me updated really would like to know whats going on with it.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

i thought the car would start and then run like ****.. .

if not, sorry, i should have read more..
Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Man that sucks. I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out soon. What kind of quad did he trade for it?

Quick Reply: Little pissed off