LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Little pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay so far we've figured out this, it need a new wire from the coil to the opti its arcing off. The fuel pressure regulater is shot its squirting fuel out of the side where the vacuum hose hooks up. It looks like it had a dry nitrious kit on it at one time. the intake an throttle body look awful inside. Seeing this car really make me appreciate mine alot!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wickedformula
the only story he got was the full one. whatever happened with it is something new. i had the car running fine so its buggin me too that the car is acting up like this. I would love to see that car up and running and stretchin its legs out on an open highway. I enjoyed it more than anything else having all that power under my right foot. Id like to see someone else enjoy it that much to. like i said, check out the plugs it drove it for a while with the bad o2's so who knows how much crap had gummed up on those plugs from just sittin. As for the quad, i got it running on starter fluid but wont run on its own. thinking its not getting fuel so im in the process of pullin the carb. don't think it was jetting correctly either. but we'll see. just keep me updated really would like to know whats going on with it.
Sorry about the miscommunication, I was talking about us "the audience" not getting the full story. Anyways, hope you get your quad running right and the same with Kmaroman's friend's new formula.

Last edited by TasTe_GOOD; 01-25-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-25-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

I seen the car on craigslist and here looked like had some issues.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

07 yfz 450. still not running been working on it all night. narrowed it down to the carb not pulling fuel through so its sitting with carb cleaner inside it. floats arent stuck either. no fuel filter on it for some reason so hopefully nothing got lodged inside it.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
okay so far we've figured out this, it need a new wire from the coil to the opti its arcing off. The fuel pressure regulater is shot its squirting fuel out of the side where the vacuum hose hooks up. It looks like it had a dry nitrious kit on it at one time. the intake an throttle body look awful inside. Seeing this car really make me appreciate mine alot!
that msd coil wire is arching already? i just put that on there a few months ago... thats not cool says a lot for the product. Hopefully that'll get it to run right after changing it. the owner before me didnt have a nitrous kit on it and neither did i so i dont think that would be a good assumption but who knows. hope all turns out well and its something simple like that.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

this is the new owner i finally decided to make an account. i have just a few question referring to the installion of the cold air, the first there is a white plastic sensor hole that was not properly plugged filtered which is just sucking in dirty air and i clear vaccum hose that appears to go to nothing which was not plugged in result the intake is coated with dirt or salt etc. that was on the road at the time it was driving in now in the intake. and as for those few that said "change the damn o2 sensors" before trying to start the car please but all means feel free to take in that the o2 sensor does not take affect untill the exhaust gets to 600 deg F. which "trying" to starting the start the car in no means gets to 600 if so you have a bigger problem than o2s. why spent a $100 to fix something before you could get the car to start when you could spent that money towards getting the car running, yes when the car is running the o2s will be the first thing to get changed.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Launching!

with my broken ground wire on the pass o2, it would start, but i immediately had an issue running smoother.
then if its not starting, check grounds, coil, coil wire, harness to coil, and opti.
i only have one instance where it wouldnt start, and it poured like hell, then it got really humid, the entire motor was sweating, its the only issue i had with mine.

aaron
Old 01-25-2009, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

its not a ground wire or anything like that we have one problem figured out the fuel pressure regulator diafram is shot. its puttin fuel where air should be. causing it flood its self and a trouble air fuel ratio problem. When we get new one on it should cure it.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

the white tube on the cold air intake is for the a.i.r. system which i had to remove for the race style headers. the clear tube that runs down does not pull air through it its a vent for moisture. didn't know the fuel pressure reg was bad on it hope that fixes a lot of your problems.

- the quads carb was a mess not sure how you had it running that one night. the floats were missing the rod that hold it on the carb so it wasnt closing. and it wasnt getting fuel to the float bowl because the pin that the floats are supposed to close when the bowl is full was stuck closed from gunk. got it to finally run today. let me know what happens with the car after the fuel pressure reg is changed out
Old 01-25-2009, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

It would run from time to time when i started it. but hasn't been rode since early winter, dont know how the rod in carb was missin. but hope you enjoy it i know i sure did. and i really like the car its everything i wanted besides the running part lol but all cars need maintance every now and now then just goes with the job. Love looks of car really sweet. well good luck with quad win some races i know it can.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can actually vouch for seeing that fourwheeler run i was to scared to ride it. Although spraying the trans am full of ether it started for what 3seconds, and ran like a frieght train deep black smoke
Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

if it fires up on ether you got some injector problems. did the same thing to my car and my buddies when they got plugged. yours are probly just wired bad like it was stated earlier on. fix the wires or replace the injectors with a known good set and see if she runs
Old 01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daves94formula
if it fires up on ether you got some injector problems. did the same thing to my car and my buddies when they got plugged. yours are probly just wired bad like it was stated earlier on. fix the wires or replace the injectors with a known good set and see if she runs
your off on that assumption. the wiring is fine on the injectors. dont know why it was touched in the first place but it drove well over a few thousand miles like that so it acting up now is highly unlikely.

Did you change that coil wire yet or the fuel pressure reg? like to see if either of those or both combined is the problem. i really wouldnt mess to much with the injector wiring. i tried cleaning it up the best i could but when things work i try not to F with it just for the sake of doing it. I agree on the looks of the car its got a stealthy appearance to it. we called it the batmobile haha. Quads running good now glad i had experience ripping these things apart.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

dude thats so funny that you called it the batmobile i was gonna put a black shadow sticker of the bat man embel or the batmobile. but no i havnt got the fpr on yet its on order did you know they want $86 after taxes for that lil over priced thing thats oreillys for ya. and no junk yard that i found around here had one, they had a good engine but wouldn't part out. but part comes in, in the morning will let know if works. im not sure on this but i think the wire just a lil loose on the opti from vibs. hoping.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

no offense wicked but im just going off of my own personal experience. when my injectors failed i sprayed the car with ether and it would run and PUFFED BLACK SMOKE. its a easy swap to see if she runs. i spent over 1000 bucks trying to chase down my problem. replaced the fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator, coil, icm, opti, plugs and wires. still wouldnt fire. then i changed the injectors and she ran like a champ. all im saying is see if it will run by doing this and save yourself some time and pain.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think both of you knew their were issues with both vehicles and now you need t fix them. Fair trade IMO!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

and wicked im sure you are going to have a response to my post so ill put this out now. ive worked on quite a few LT1's and really havent been to far off on my diagnosis's. when it comes to trouble shooting im pretty good at finding out whats wrong. oh and FYI i fix million dollar engines for the army's helicopters such as the apache, blackhawk, kiowa, chinook, etc...... what do you do?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daves94formula
and wicked im sure you are going to have a response to my post so ill put this out now. ive worked on quite a few LT1's and really havent been to far off on my diagnosis's. when it comes to trouble shooting im pretty good at finding out whats wrong. oh and FYI i fix million dollar engines for the army's helicopters such as the apache, blackhawk, kiowa, chinook, etc...... what do you do?
wasnt trying to offend ya relax over there. Hopefully nothing to serious with the car. Im just saying its not likely that the injectors just fail like that. so go with the obvious before you jump into the big stuff. basics. keeps repair costs down. Deffinitely keep it the batmobile haha legacy lives on with her
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 AM
On The Tree

injectors aren't that big of stuff and they fail really easy. i mean if the spray pattern isnt right she wont start. just a little bit of rust or grit can plug them super easy. honestly i would like to see some pictures posted of how the engine bay looks. because like it said before we have 2 conflicting stories of how things are. and sorry if i sounded like a *** wicked i just hate it when people completely blow off a perfectly viable solution to a problem. i mean it takes a whole whopping 15 mins to swap fuel injectors to see if it will fire.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

update replaced the fuel regulater it ran, but then died. I'd go help work on it today we got like 10ins of snow. I'm not able to leave

Quick Reply: Little pissed off