LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what do you think of these tbs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a ported stocker and it would always stick after a full throttle pass! I screwed around with it for months trying to get it to work right. Now I have a BBK and I am very happy with it! For the few extra bucks I would do the proffesional products looks to be a nice piece for the money!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkm6formula
for the price they are not worth it, for around 175 you can get a proffesional products one and they have a machined air foil, which actually works unlike the ones you buy which are ok, but don't do nearly as much as a foil that is machined it, just buy a proffesional product one and be done!
Professional Products T.B. are set up for failure. Made in China and assembled here in the states...that's why they are dirty cheap.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Professional Products T.B. are set up for failure. Made in China and assembled here in the states...that's why they are dirty cheap.
Why do you say that? I looked at mine closely before I put it on, it looks well made, beside, it's not like its a high stress piece, it's just a big valve that lets air in the intake manifold.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Why do you say that? I looked at mine closely before I put it on, it looks well made, beside, it's not like its a high stress piece, it's just a big valve that lets air in the intake manifold.
Yeah, I forgot to tell you man..after I order it from China I had to assemble it It was a quality piece from what I saw.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

With the 93 stuff, I have never heard of the blades being at a different angle. From my personal experience, the 93 autos use the older detent (Kick down/TV) cable, so the linakge hook ups are specific to the model year. The second issue lies with the IAC, the 93s use the older style "screw in" with a specific connecter whereas 94+ cars use the newer bolt in with a specific connector. EFI connection sells the pigtail needed in the conversion. If the 93 is a six speed and the IAC issue is taken care of, they can use any year TB they wish. The 93 auto guys how ever get in a bind with the detent cable.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
With the 93 stuff, I have never heard of the blades being at a different angle. From my personal experience, the 93 autos use the older detent (Kick down/TV) cable, so the linakge hook ups are specific to the model year. The second issue lies with the IAC, the 93s use the older style "screw in" with a specific connecter whereas 94+ cars use the newer bolt in with a specific connector. EFI connection sells the pigtail needed in the conversion. If the 93 is a six speed and the IAC issue is taken care of, they can use any year TB they wish. The 93 auto guys how ever get in a bind with the detent cable.
Lets say you have a TB made for a '93, couldn't you just unbolt the IAC housing on the bottom and bolt on one made for a later year? If so that would cover the IAC, but then the different linkages would still be an issue.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i also say the proffesional products ones on ebay. i think ill go with that

im getting to be one happy man...finally found a local-ish tuner with some lt1 experience and a 52mm tb for under 200$. today is a good day lol
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lt1noob
yeah i also say the proffesional products ones on ebay. i think ill go with that

im getting to be one happy man...finally found a local-ish tuner with some lt1 experience and a 52mm tb for under 200$. today is a good day lol
Good to hear things are coming together. I have a really good builder with lots of hands on knowledge close by too. It's a nice feeling
Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Do you ever have anything nice to say around here?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350

With the OEM throttle bodies (aftermarket might be different) the 93s will cause an issue due to the throttle blade angles, they are different from the 94-96 units. The blades rotate less distance to the hard stop so you will not get the same TPS voltage at WOT if you use a 93 unit on a 94-96 engine. You might be able to make a 94-96 unit work on a 93 engine 6 speed car, but just save the potential headach and stick with the proper style unit for your engine. The IAC is different but if you swaped the entire housing/IAC it wouldn't matter as it would bolt up fine.