LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally have some track results for my Ai 200cc heads/cam combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
NP...BTW Hows your CPT Trans? Was going to have Frank do mine but I can't get ahold of him??? Can't beat his prices and all the good I've heard but seems like he fell off the face of the earth.
I'll let you know as soon as I run it. Waiting to go in along with the engine.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slamm69
Im not sure but I think he was talking about 96capricemanager.Anyone on here over the years knows how he is.Probably the biggest dick on ls1tech.
And a even Bigger one on the Impala Forum....he takes it easy on the guys here
Old 03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually what I see is the opposite, I see AI guys (such as 96capmgr) posting factual info and YOU LE GUYS bashing them for it, calling them dicks, saying they are nutswingers etc.

Do you guys seriously not hear yourselves? YOU are the ones steering ME away from Lloyd!!! because you are the ones attacking, hurling insults.

You are guilty of the things you are accusing the AI guys of!!!! WTF

You seriously should listen to yourselves and start posting factual info instead of getting insulted or defensive when someone chooses to prefer AI over what you use.

It's human nature that people want to defend what they run, and why they run it.

Either of these companies can make you go fast, and their followers opinions or attitudes really have very little to do with that.

What you need to do is your OWN research, and make your OWN decisions based on the information given you. Call each company, talk with them, find out what they do, find out what they're philosiphy on going fast is, and go with it!!!

Making a decision on where to spend your money, and how to accomplish your goals because "some guy on the internet said it" is a laughable way to approach things.

Yes this is a great place to learn about LT1's, I'm learning a lot myself. But I've been on forums long enough to understand that you have to take EVERYTHING said with a grain of salt and be willing to do your own research, or you will inevitably overlook things that will hurt you and it will be "someone elses" fault.

1st, determine what your goals are
2nd, get a mentor who has attained those goals and emulate them.
3rd, choose a company who can help you do so...

You'll find that the company you choose, isn't near as important as your ability to make the parts work together, tune them, and have a company who will stick with you and help you do so UNTIL your goals are met.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gregrob
Actually what I see is the opposite, I see AI guys (such as 96capmgr) posting factual info and YOU LE GUYS bashing them for it, calling them dicks, saying they are nutswingers etc.

Do you guys seriously not hear yourselves? YOU are the ones steering ME away from Lloyd!!! because you are the ones attacking, hurling insults.

You seriously should listen to yourselves and start posting factual info instead of getting insulted or defensive when someone chooses to prefer AI over what you use.

It's human nature that people want to defend what they run, and why they run it.

Either of these companies can make you go fast, and their followers opinions or attitudes really have very little to do with that.

What you need to do is your OWN research, and make your OWN decisions based on the information given you. Call each company, talk with them, find out what they do, find out what they're philosiphy on going fast is, and go with it!!!

Making a decision on where to spend your money, and how to accomplish your goals because "some guy on the internet said it" is a laughable way to approach things.

Yes this is a great place to learn about LT1's, I'm learning a lot myself. But I've been on forums long enough to understand that you have to take EVERYTHING said with a grain of salt and be willing to do your own research, or you will inevitably overlook things that will hurt you and it will be "someone elses" fault.

You'll find that the company you choose, isn't near as important as your ability to make the parts work together, tune them, and have a company who will stick with you and help you do so UNTIL your goals are met.
Well put. +1.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Only folks crying here are the whiners about 96caprice. And thanks for being so concerned about my time, but it's my time. If you don't like what I type, don't read it.

And if you must know, I'm running AI's 200cc package, along with the ported intake on a forged 383, 12.5:1 compression, with LPP long tubes, CPT 4L60E transmission, 4000 Yank, with a Wolfe cage, all BMR suspension on top of Weld Prostars, all through a Ford 9".

Capiche?
Holy crap, Joe is still around.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

There is nothing factual about anything the AI guys post, it's only bench racing. The OP swapped H/C packages and gained 20-30 rwhp and .2/2mph. When people don't praise AI for such stellar results they call everyone stupid and start sounding like a ricer. Well my intake isn't ported and my car isn't setup right and blah blah blah. Any LE guy posted the same results as Speed, 96cap and whoever else would be in here posting, saying, "another 400rwhp setup that can't even get into the mid 11's." All you have to do is search and you'll see.

As far as the rest of what you posted, you're are exactly right. Call Lloyd and AI and see who gives you the warm fuzzy you are looking for and I garauntee you that you will go with Lloyd over AI any day of the week. Lloyd works with you to get what you want and is there after the fact, AI says here's what we offer take it or leave it.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Launching!

In conclusion, this thread has turned hella gay. I can't believe I just read all this B.S.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you look you will repeatedly see one camp prioritizes a warm fuzzy over and over and over, is that why we buy parts.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fergymoto
I don't follow your question. Bret or Llyod what?
Whos the one you wouldnt give buisness to brett or LE? You said the BB cam was junk? LE used him because he was supossed to be the shiznit back in the day.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

I did all that and went with LE, now I just need the track to open.

I also have never bashed an AI set up. I think they are amazing setups.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skinnies
Holy crap, Joe is still around.
Sneaky sneaky.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If you look you will repeatedly see one camp prioritizes a warm fuzzy over and over and over, is that why we buy parts.
For some people it is. You can buy go fast parts from anyone and they will be comparable, but people generally tend to actually buy parts from someone who they can talk to and they feel comfortable have their best interests in mind. I garauntee you that AI doesn't have anyone's best interest in mind unless it suites them. You call, they read from a script and say you have to have a certain casting or they won't port your heads because their machine isn't set up for it. AI is a widget factory, plain and simple. Hell they even say so on their website right under Rick's car they same you can have the same heads as Rick's car and technically it's true. AI reminds me of CNC Heads out of Florida, a big widget factory.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
For some people it is. You can buy go fast parts from anyone and they will be comparable, but people generally tend to actually buy parts from someone who they can talk to and they feel comfortable have their best interests in mind. I garauntee you that AI doesn't have anyone's best interest in mind unless it suites them. You call, they read from a script and say you have to have a certain casting or they won't port your heads because their machine isn't set up for it. AI is a widget factory, plain and simple. Hell they even say so on their website right under Rick's car they same you can have the same heads as Rick's car and technically it's true. AI reminds me of CNC Heads out of Florida, a big widget factory.
Do you have first-hand experience with AI?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Do you have first-hand experience with AI?
For about 10 minutes before I got tired of them and even if I didn't does it make anything I said not true? I see you aren't refuting anything I said and others have had the same experience as me, hell I consider myself lucky since I actually got someone on the phone.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Gregrob you must be on crack if that's the way you see this. The AI guys poke at the LE guys, then the LE guys have to defend theirselves bc the AI guys are arrogant. That's the way it works. Seen it way too many times. The thread started out with good intentions then people have to poke and prod. The first thing that was said was how it made huge gains over his last LE setup. FYI 20hp is not huge. Then that's when things started turning south. And if you noticed Gregrob a couple LE guys who are on here alot were chiming in about what a great setup and good times, being good guys who are avid car people. Like most of the LE guys are including myself. It would be so much more productive if we commented on the setup but left the stupid little comments to yourself. If you make a post about AI then it should stay that way. If you make a post about LE same thing, it should stay that way and keep each other out of the others post.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Claiming they are equals is knocking AI. You do that all the time. You just don't know any better yet.
And this isn't a prod at LE at all is it??? And you said he states factual information. This statement is too broad to claim true or false.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ulakovic22, so you read that Rick's car uses the same stuff you can buy as a negative??

Think we are getting to the bottom of the decision making process here. You make the choices you do because you do NOT want great parts solidly proven time and time again to perform reliably.

za355tx, has been proven, you just don't like the result so you ignore it.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

You couldn't be more wrong. The results are great...the problem is that the guys who run faster with AI stuff feel the need to rub out noses in it and talk about how great they are and how bad LE is. Which is very childish and not needed. Have you not seen how many people don't like you because of your attitude? I bet you're a good guy if you'd lose your arrogance.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

So you read that Rick's car uses the same stuff you can buy as a negative??

Think we are getting to the bottom of the decision making process here. You make the choices you do because you do NOT want great parts solidly proven time and time again to perform reliably.
So I choose someone other than AI because I love getting shitty parts? You're logic is seriously flawed, just like your dumbass electric waterpump arguement I picked apart a couple months ago. BTW I hardly think this is a shitty product

Speed had issues with his LE setup and never got them worked out 100% and his et/trap were comparable to his new setup that is 100%. If the AI crew wants to talk about how much better performance their products deliver they need to pick a better car to use as an example. Reliability, maybe, but that is still up for grabs considering there may have been some user error.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BruceBufferTA
In conclusion, this thread has turned hella gay. I can't believe I just read all this B.S.
:
says the guy who joined last month? This forum is all about a being able to debate your point and supporting your opinions, which is what most people in this thread are doing.

Quick Reply: Finally have some track results for my Ai 200cc heads/cam combo