LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally have some track results for my Ai 200cc heads/cam combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great results! What cam are you running?

I've read nothing but positive reviews about A.I. and their combinations. I would definately go with ported castings over AFR's in the future. I've had two sets of AFR heads and the first set (195 LT4) was not that impressive. The second set (210 LT4) needed additional work to reach its full potential.

The measurements used to collect data on AFR isn't exactly realistic. For example, the 195's are measured with a 4.060 bore (not at all typical even for strokers), which should instead measured using a stock bore given the street application; and the 210's are measured using (should be 4.030-4.040) a 4.125 bore?! I've never even heard of 4.125 bore size on an LT1, but if it inflates the numbers...

I think I'll go with A.I if I do another stroker!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Speed demon I've run the LE cam I got from you for a good 5,000 miles now. it still pulls all the way to 6800 ( often ) and has had more than a couple built LS1 car lookin at its tail lights. If the cam was that bad, it makes me think that you are the type of person that is a POS! for selling something that destructive to another person. Maybe you didn't set it up right
Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

He had the heads repaired before he sold them, if he had sold them as they were without disclosure, then something would have been wrong.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I think more to the point would be to compare your dyno chart to his.
That would be pointless unless the cams were the same spec, which I KNOW they are not.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Like I said PACKAGE to PACKAGE and the newer more powerful package has lasted twice as long already. It is a definitive comparison, you just don't like the results and will blindly find a way to dismiss it because of that.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Capricemgr how come everything you say is negative? Seems like every post of yours I see is negative. Typical AI nuthugger.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

You see what you choose to see, I have no control over that.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Like I said PACKAGE to PACKAGE and the newer more powerful package has lasted twice as long already. It is a definitive comparison, you just don't like the results and will blindly find a way to dismiss it because of that.
Dyno sheet means dick WRT to long things are lasting. It does not take a rocket scientist to determine that determine that the bigger AI cam car will make more power than the smaller LE cam car. The dyno sheets would be comparing apples and oranges and would therefore not be a fair comparison. Hardly definitive.

Again, as usual. I have done nothing to provoke you nor have I asked any questions that would be insensitive to the topic being discussed and as usual you get defensive and tell me and others what I elect to dismiss and what I don't

Why is it so damn hard for you to have a discussion without you inflaming folks and acting a total ***.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Same a-holes saying the same old **** whats new?

I saw demons original thread way back, heads looked pretty bad and that cam was terrible heard of a few people having issues with that particular grind. I'm running a 224/230 107lsa from LE with less lift than the over '600 that had issues. That was the only cam I believe that people ever had issues with and LE no longer carries it, BTW it was made by Bret Bauer, Lloyd does his own cams now. My LE2's looked immaculate and my cam is wonderful highly doubt Ai could offer me more. If you comapred my heads side to side with some Ai 200cc's I highly doubt you could barely tell a difference but unfortunately to the OP that wasn't the case. Wouldn't ever go to Ai personally since the certain few people on here make me not want to ever give them my business. LE has been awesome to work with before and after the sale and his package works great for me so why would I go somewheres else anyways? Ai makes some good **** as we all know just annoying to see the same people swinging on their nuts day in and day out. Can't go wrong with either company just comes down to preference, sick of seeing people going Ai vs. LE, they both have their pros and cons and have pushed LT1's to new limits so can't hate.

To the OP shame you had a bad experience with LE. Only person I've seen with one but good to see your Ai setup is much better for you.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Dyno sheet means dick WRT to long things are lasting. It does not take a rocket scientist to determine that determine that the bigger AI cam car will make more power than the smaller LE cam car. The dyno sheets would be comparing apples and oranges and would therefore not be a fair comparison. Hardly definitive.

Again, as usual. I have done nothing to provoke you nor have I asked any questions that would be insensitive to the topic being discussed and as usual you get defensive and tell me and others what I elect to dismiss and what I don't

Why is it so damn hard for you to have a discussion without you inflaming folks and acting a total ***.
You're wasting your breath bro. You could sit here all day and argue with these tool sheds and be wrong with everything you say even if you were right. To them, everyone else is basically a idiot with no knowledge of any sort. Let them sword fight with one another over their bad *** AI set ups.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't understand what the problem is with longevity of a performance cam, the more acceleration in a cam's lobe the more wear that there will be present ie springs, pushrods, retainers, lobes. I mean the more rpm's you turn just bring you closer to the big boom that will eventually happen
Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Speaking solely in statistics, compared to his old LE package, the new AI setup is performing better. Why is that so hard to believe?

Sorry for calling it like it is. Results don't lie.

And I find it amusing for folks to bash either one. Both companies are providing services to the LT1 crowd that didn't exist 5 years ago. Both provide comparable gains at comparable price tags, and have comparable customer service. Sure, there's going to be all kinds of competition between the two, but everyone forgets the similarities.

I, personally, am going with AI.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Because caprice is a internet LTX genius. He knows more than god himself and wont be told otherwise.
I myself do not bash AI or try to make them seem inferior to any other other company out there, but his AI leg humping *** sure does about other companies.
Hey Im damn proud of my car and dont think it should be bashed for the route Ive taken, and I would never do that to someone else!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I myself do not bash AI or try to make them seem inferior to any other other company out there
I find it ironic that you say this, yet you enticed everyone with your "AI vs. LE" thread.

JMHO...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Speaking solely in statistics, compared to his old LE package, the new AI setup is performing better. Why is that so hard to believe?

And I find it amusing for folks to bash either one. Both companies are providing services to the LT1 crowd that didn't exist 5 years ago. Both provide comparable gains at comparable price tags, and have comparable customer service. Sure, there's going to be all kinds of competition between the two, but everyone forgets the similarities.

Exactly, both companies have pushed these cars of ours to new levels so its ignorant to bash either one. I wouldn't say comparable customer service but everything else yes very much so. We all drive LT1's here and want them to keep getting faster and faster and better and better which these companies are doing for us so lets keep the bashing towards cocky LS1 drivers.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by za355tx
Capricemgr how come everything you say is negative? Seems like every post of yours I see is negative. Typical AI nuthugger.
Because he's kicking himself in the *** because he wasted his money on a white trash cop car or should I say 5k lb. boat.

It's not hard to believe. I've ran both and my results with AI are a touch better but not enough to brag about it all day. Lloyd did me well back in the day and my set up with him ran strong up to the day I sold it. Both kick *** period.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

I find it ironic that you say this, yet you enticed everyone with your "AI vs. LE" thread.

JMHO...
I wasnt bashing anyone I just want comparable numbers in one thread. I didnt ask for a fight that was all on you guys.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
Both kick *** period.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Same a-holes saying the same old **** whats new?

I saw demons original thread way back, heads looked pretty bad and that cam was terrible heard of a few people having issues with that particular grind. I'm running a 224/230 107lsa from LE with less lift than the over '600 that had issues. That was the only cam I believe that people ever had issues with and LE no longer carries it, BTW it was made by Bret Bauer, Lloyd does his own cams now. My LE2's looked immaculate and my cam is wonderful highly doubt Ai could offer me more. If you comapred my heads side to side with some Ai 200cc's I highly doubt you could barely tell a difference but unfortunately to the OP that wasn't the case. Wouldn't ever go to Ai personally since the certain few people on here make me not want to ever give them my business. LE has been awesome to work with before and after the sale and his package works great for me so why would I go somewheres else anyways? Ai makes some good **** as we all know just annoying to see the same people swinging on their nuts day in and day out. Can't go wrong with either company just comes down to preference, sick of seeing people going Ai vs. LE, they both have their pros and cons and have pushed LT1's to new limits so can't hate.

To the OP shame you had a bad experience with LE. Only person I've seen with one but good to see your Ai setup is much better for you.
I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. I wonder how much money AI loses because of this? I just bought some heads recently, hrmm.......
Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joelster
I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. I wonder how much money AI loses because of this? I just bought some heads recently, hrmm.......
Unbelievable.

You wouldn't give AI your business because a board member you don't like uses their product?

Think about that.

Quick Reply: Finally have some track results for my Ai 200cc heads/cam combo