LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stall and road racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stall and road racing

Question for you guys, I'm looking at going w/ either the Yank 3200 or 3600 stall and I'm wondering how they are for more street racing applications? I don't have a track close by and my friends and I mainly do roll races on the hwy and around town so I really wouldn't be doing much racing from the hole. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't provide any input for people who street-race around town and on the highway. Sorry.

Where are you from that there isn't a track nearby?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

It works good as long as you have tires that stick.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Launching!

I'm in Hawaii. I've got a set of Nitto's on at the time.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Can't provide any input for people who street-race around town and on the highway. Sorry.

Where are you from that there isn't a track nearby?
right on buddy, there is no reason to help anyone that wants to endanger their life and those around them.
how stupid are you ?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAmdriv3r
right on buddy, there is no reason to help anyone that wants to endanger their life and those around them.
how stupid are you ?
Have you ever been to Hilo Hawaii? Where myself and friends run is absolutly safer then safe. Long open stretch roads with no side roads in sight. So feel free not to help cause you obviously like to jump to conclusions there MR.Stupid
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a Yank SS3600 and LE2 which is similar to you so this may help....

The SS3200 and SS3600 will make the car faster from a roll because the higher shift extensions and from a dig they will make a world of difference if you can hook.

But....

I would NOT get either stall I would get one thats a PT series. Reason why is because they have very high shift extensions and are lock-up race converters so from a roll they will be much better than any SS series converter. Also they have a lower STR so they will be much easier to launch on the street. I am actually sending my SS3600 to Yank and having them restall it to a PT3800 which will not only make me a good amount faster on the street but at the track as well. (SS3600 shift extension = 4900rpm where as PT3800 = 5600rpm). A PT series would probaly be perfect for your situation, I would call Yank and have them make you a custom one thats works for your setup, the PT3800 may be a little much unless your shifting at around 6400+. Also the PT's are basically for all motor applications so if N20 is in the future I would stick to an SS series.

Hope that helps
Old 02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StealthFormula

The SS3200 and SS3600 will make the car faster from a roll because the higher shift extensions and from a dig they will make a world of difference if you can hook.

But....

I would NOT get either stall I would get one thats a PT series. Reason why is because they have very high shift extensions and are lock-up race converters so from a roll they will be much better than any SS series converter. Also they have a lower STR so they will be much easier to launch on the street. I am actually sending my SS3600 to Yank and having them restall it to a PT3800 which will not only make me a good amount faster on the street but at the track as well. (SS3600 shift extension = 4900rpm where as PT3800 = 5600rpm). A PT series would probaly be perfect for your situation, I would call Yank and have them make you a custom one thats works for your setup, the PT3800 may be a little much unless your shifting at around 6400+. Also the PT's are basically for all motor applications so if N20 is in the future I would stick to an SS series.

Hope that helps
Hey thank you much. That gives me a better view of what I need to get into and how they will work.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoFastKid
Hey thanks you much. That gives me a better view of what I need to get into and how they will work.
No problem man...I have alot of roll racing experience with a similar setup as you want so I definetly would recommend you go the PT route.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Launching!

No problem man...I have alot of roll racing experience with a similar setup as you want so I definetly would recommend you go the PT route.
I've done a lot of searching on here and I haven't seen the PT series mentioned at all. Seems like everyone has the SS series..I will call Yank to make sure I go the right route.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Welcome back Stealth Yeah, listen to Stealth he's got a lot of experience and has helped a lot of us out including myself.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

I've done a lot of searching on here and I haven't seen the PT series mentioned at all. Seems like everyone has the SS series..I will call Yank to make sure I go the right route.
If you go to Search and select the Automatic Transmission forum and search for PT, PT3800, PT4000, PT4400 etc. you will get some good stuff.

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Welcome back Stealth Yeah, listen to Stealth he's got a lot of experience and has helped a lot of us out including myself.
Thanks brotha!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TransAmdriv3r
how stupid are you ?
There's probably a lot of stupid people on here then
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever been to Hilo Hawaii? Where myself and friends run is absolutly safer then safe. Long open stretch roads with no side roads in sight. So feel free not to help cause you obviously like to jump to conclusions there MR.Stupid
I don't care how safe a road appears to be, One mishap in a uncontrolled environment and your done. I hate to be the advocate in every thread where someone talks about street racing, but last year some ******* racing lost control, hitting my cousins car head on .... killing both of them. when i see threads like this, it just sets a fire inside me.
please keep it off the streets, there has to be some where where you can race (legally)
Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But....

Hope that helps
he is dead on... PT series for roll racing..

and everyone else get over it.. its his decision if he races.. everyone has done it at least once, if you havnt actually raced you have at least kicked it, and thats the same thing..

i own my car to have fun, i have fun daily..
Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned

^^Exactly. We have all put lives in danger at some point...mainly ourselves
Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Everyone knows of some industrial park, or abandoned road somewhere far away from buildings and houses...that you can go late at night that doesn't risk innocent lives. I keep it there. I know it's still stupid, but at least I try to keep it a little safer.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

I used to street race. Now I try and keep it on the track. But I still catch a race every once in a while just crusing.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I used to street race. Now I try and keep it on the track. But I still catch a race every once in a while just crusing.
same here.. try my hardest to keep it at the track.. but you gotta have some fun every once in a while..
Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive been guilty of it in my younger days, granted ill occasionally throw a rev or gas it from a light against another car, nothing where I am doubling the speed limit. The track does have an ambulence (sp?) at the track should the worst happen, where there is none on some abandoned road at 3 in the morning. Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: Stall and road racing