LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this?

I'm finishing everything up and while putting the ICM back on see that a vacuum line or something is broken. It runs through a little bracket on the top bolt of the ICM over to the passanger side of the intake mani. It is the bottom of two connections right there.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

picture?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dendyc
I'm finishing everything up and while putting the ICM back on see that a vacuum line or something is broken. It runs through a little bracket on the top bolt of the ICM over to the passanger side of the intake mani. It is the bottom of two connections right there.
That is probably the vacuum line that goes to the vacuum solenoid. Just connect the two broken ends with a rubber hose.

Look at the lower middle square in this diagram:
http://shbox.com/1/air_pump_recall.jpg
Old 02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

I left the air pump off and am going to cap it all off...Do I still need to connect that line back?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dendyc
I left the air pump off and am going to cap it all off...Do I still need to connect that line back?
Just remove that vacuum tube from the intake manifold and cap off the port with a vacuum cap. Done and done.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Sounds awesome!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea man, cap everything off.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get over there, I had to change the Oil in my Truck and do some things around the house.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

If it is one of the EVAP lines you most certainly DO NOT want to cap it off... fix it so it works properly...

I just love when I hear of the morons that are pulling the EVAP system out of thier car... Great idea if it is a trailored drag car that doesn't see extended runtime, but absoloutly horrible if you plan to drive the thing on the street as you can start looking for fried fuel pumps, vapor-lock hard start conditions, etc... And as to how I know, did that mod over 10 years ago before most everyone here even owned an LT1...

I went through about 4-5 pumps before figuring that out... But I am sure there will be some nay-sayers that will start talking stupidity... About the only way to prevent that without a EVAP is to not have a sealed gas system, in other words you are smelling gas vapors anytime things get warm...

Understanding how the stock systems work, and why and how they were engineered the way they were in the first place is key to knowing what you can and cannot remove...

Quick Reply: What is this?