LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cammed LT1 problems 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cammed LT1 problems 2

Thanks for the feed back,I found the problem. Had to take the alternator off to get the valve cover off to readjust the valves.Missed the hookup on the voltage regulator,only has the hot from battery hooked up.Car ran great!!!!Idles about 900rpm. About 30psi of oil pressure at hot idle,over 50 at 5000.Notice some milkiness in valve cover,but I'm thinking its from sitting for 2 months in garage with me turning the heat on and off.I'll check it again after I change the oil.Monday we'll get the exhaust welded up and get some vid.SEE YA
Old 02-14-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fast432
Thanks for the feed back,I found the problem. Had to take the alternator off to get the valve cover off to readjust the valves.Missed the hookup on the voltage regulator,only has the hot from battery hooked up.Car ran great!!!!Idles about 900rpm. About 30psi of oil pressure at hot idle,over 50 at 5000.Notice some milkiness in valve cover,but I'm thinking its from sitting for 2 months in garage with me turning the heat on and off.I'll check it again after I change the oil.Monday we'll get the exhaust welded up and get some vid.SEE YA
Same exact thing with me man. Started up the car after my CC503 install, idled great, but as soon as I stepped on it, it would fall on it's face. I pulled both valve covers and adjusted my promags with the car running and the car ran great, pulls like a ****!