LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8
View Poll Results: Do you mind the pass. floor hump?
YES! I hate it! What the hell was GM thinking?!?
28.79%
Nope, dont care since I'm on the other side...
45.45%
Kind of, but I dont think about it much.
25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Passenger Floor Hump Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
I'm still curious as to the reason for wanting it gone, as it doesn't affect anyone's legroom especially yours lol I mean c'mon the only one to gain from it is Beaflag when he removes his passenger seat to haul engines around

EDIT: OK I saw the bit where you said you ride shotgun from time to time, and I've rode shotgun in my 91 and 93 before and I'm 6', my legs aren't up at my chest to sit on the hump. They're down at the firewall stretched out away from the hump... GM wouldn't have put it where it affects extended legs. You'll find that all you've achieved is a visual mod.
in this thread where a guy did it: Hump Removal, he suggests that for anyone riding passenger its night and day better. Looks are good too though.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hyperzone
in this thread where a guy did it: Hump Removal, he suggests that for anyone riding passenger its night and day better. Looks are good too though.
I won't deny that it does look REALLY nice! It's just in my personal experience, that how low you sit in our cars, you can't prop your knees up. So for me, my legs are always extended out past the hump. Again, I'm 6' tall. That's why I think it would only really affect those in the 5'6" or shorter area.

I don't mean to discourage you from going through with it, but you did ask our opinions on it, and I just think it's more time than it's worth. I guess I see it like this: If you took some wood and made that hump and put it in the drivers side and drove around the block, you'd be able to tell if it was really that much in your way. I do prop my left leg up and rest my arm/hand on it while I drive, but since it's been about 7mo since I've driven my car (due to my 'fun' transmission ordeal) so I can't accurately say where my foot sits while I drive. Though to be fair, driving and being driven are totally different, so how I sit is equally different

You seem as if you came into the thread pretty much decided upon doing it, if that's so then I say go for it and sincerely wish you good luck! Maybe do a much detailed documentation (tutorial/how-to) of it too.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the idea but dont think i would ever do it.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Any passenger in my car has waaay more to worry about than that hump
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flux capacitor

Quick Reply: Passenger Floor Hump Removal