LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Prepping for my LE2 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toy96ta
Ha ha, you guys kill me. (I'm sure I'll be running quicker than AChotrod though...)
Impossible. I have Ram Air!!lol! Plus I got the driver mod.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple better closeups of the intake/exhaust ports...
Attached Thumbnails Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-ported-head-closeups-001.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-ported-head-closeups-003.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-ported-head-closeups-005.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-ported-head-closeups-006.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-ported-head-closeups-008.jpg  

Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

ahh patriot golds with titanium locks and retainers, very smart!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Those heads look familar.. LOL should be a great build. Good luck, better post videos!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Those heads... man can't wait till I get mines back from LE. Wish I can run a bigger cam, but its my DD and emissions are getting strict up here. Lol I got pulled over once because my damn exaust was loud. Cop had the nerve to say that it was illegal, just as he starting running his mouth an ricer car zooms by wwith his pop can whining loudly. "Officer shouldn't you busting him? Lol
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sdotlog
Those heads... man can't wait till I get mines back from LE. Wish I can run a bigger cam, but its my DD and emissions are getting strict up here. Lol I got pulled over once because my damn exaust was loud. Cop had the nerve to say that it was illegal, just as he starting running his mouth an ricer car zooms by wwith his pop can whining loudly. "Officer shouldn't you busting him? Lol
That's why I love being in the Military and having FL plates...No inspections or emissions!
Where are you located?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

The northwest. Washington to be exact.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned

The northwest. Washington to be exact.
Where in WA? Let's meet up and cruise!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 AM
TECH Regular

I'm up in Seattle. Would love to cruise. It's just that I don't want to be lugging around with an anchor for a motor lol. I'm actually in the process of doing up the suspension, getting motor built up and awaiting for LE2 package, and only thing left is to find a reputable transmission shop that doesn't charge a bleepin arm and a leg.

It's coming together though. I go in tomorrow morning to let the machinest know what route I wanted to go with. He said everything looked good, crank would just need to be re-grinded and rods would go in and get arp rod bolts. It's looking like freshened up shortblock with forged pistons and build the motor that's coming out of the Impala little by little.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Banned

I'm up in Seattle. Would love to cruise. It's just that I don't want to be lugging around with an anchor for a motor lol. I'm actually in the process of doing up the suspension, getting motor built up and awaiting for LE2 package, and only thing left is to find a reputable transmission shop that doesn't charge a bleepin arm and a leg.

It's coming together though. I go in tomorrow morning to let the machinest know what route I wanted to go with. He said everything looked good, crank would just need to be re-grinded and rods would go in and get arp rod bolts. It's looking like freshened up shortblock with forged pistons and build the motor that's coming out of the Impala little by little.
Well it sounds like you are well on your way to having a well built car. Once you get it all dialed in you will have to meet up with us NW guys. And if you need help choosing a transmission shop "pm" me and I will lead you towards a couple. You actually live close to two of the best shops/builders know around our parts.

Elliott
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

I sent my PCM off today, hopefully I'll have it back by early next week. I think the last thing I need is a Throttle Body...

Here's the transformation of the intake, what a difference!
Attached Thumbnails Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-lt1_heads_intake-003.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-intake-painting-001.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-intake-painting-002.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-intake-painting-003.jpg   Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-intake-painting-005.jpg  

Prepping for my LE2 upgrade-intake-painting-004.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Well it sounds like you are well on your way to having a well built car. Once you get it all dialed in you will have to meet up with us NW guys. And if you need help choosing a transmission shop "pm" me and I will lead you towards a couple. You actually live close to two of the best shops/builders know around our parts.

Elliott
Yea the plan is to have a nicely build DD. Not going to be the fastest thing, but hey I guess I can start saying it's not just a stock SS.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Hey dumb question. But what valve covers are most people using? I know they have to be clearance to fit the RR's. There's a set of polished ones up by me for 130? Its clearanced so they fit also.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

fatrodder covers are the best bang for the buck. I'm using them and very satisfied. Just do a search on eBay for "fatrodder."
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Hey dumb question. But what valve covers are most people using? I know they have to be clearance to fit the RR's. There's a set of polished ones up by me for 130? Its clearanced so they fit also.
Stock covers will clear even promags with minor modification to the supports.
Most people either crush the horizontals or cut them out alltogether.

See the photo at the bottom of this page http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/lt1_facts.html
Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Hey hey, no thread-jacking!

I got my PCM back from PCM for less. I sent it out on Monday and had it back Friday. Not to shabby!

All I need to get now is a TB, oil dipstick, and a few misc bolts and I'm ready to start tearing it down! (I'm dropping it off at the shop next Saturday so I can start on it first thing the following Monday...)
Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by James Montigny
Stock covers will clear even promags with minor modification to the supports.
Most people either crush the horizontals or cut them out alltogether.

See the photo at the bottom of this page http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/lt1_facts.html
Cool thanks. I knew I came across that page somewhere. I completely forgot what site t was off of. I like the stock look, I don't really feel like the idea of polishing intake covers every now and then. I like the lt4 covers but not coughing up that mmuch money for just valve covers..
Old 03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by toy96ta
Hey hey, no thread-jacking!

I got my PCM back from PCM for less. I sent it out on Monday and had it back Friday. Not to shabby!

All I need to get now is a TB, oil dipstick, and a few misc bolts and I'm ready to start tearing it down! (I'm dropping it off at the shop next Saturday so I can start on it first thing the following Monday...)
Lol my bad. Just didn't feel like starting a whole new thread for that.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

I bought a real nice set of chrome ones off Ebay. Fitment was great too. Had to grind off just a tad bit of the support webbing inside but overall they are nice. Think there was just a thread up on them too by someone.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Alright, I think I have everything I need to get started. The bird goes to the shop tomorrow night!
The dipstick is getting overnighted with the pushrods once I get the length measured properly, the only thing I'm wondering is if I aught to get an oil pan gasket, I think that's about the only gasket I don't have...

Quick Reply: Prepping for my LE2 upgrade