LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HVAC all messed up!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC all messed up!

I don't know why exactly, but my flapper door that divides the air coming out the vents from going to the defrost/floor and the dash vents is stuck. So now when I turn on my a/c or heater, it blows out the defrost/floor, no matter what the setting is. I've checked all the vacuum lines I can, but I'm not sure how to get to the actuator inside the dash. I'm not exactly sure where it is located or how to find it, so if anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it .

Tom
Old 10-21-2003, 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: HVAC all messed up!

Hey Tom. My car did the same thing after taking the motor out last winter. The problem was the vacum line that comes out from the fire wall to the intak. When i pluged it back in it was fine. So if you have checked that then It must be somthing in side. Wish i could help but i have never had my dash apart yet. Dont know if this helps or not. But good luck

Micah
Old 10-21-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: HVAC all messed up!

Yeah, I've checked every vacuum line in the engine compartment I could get to. I checked the little valve by the pcm, but to nothing changed. The flapper used to flap around while I would drive, so I checked to see if it was holding vacuum pressure, and when I put my Mity-Vac on there, it pulled the flapper door closed, so it's stuck blowing out the defrost/floor. That's why I think it's the flapper actuator. It's annoying, but luckily the weather down here is pretty nice right now . Thanks anyway Micah, good to talk to you again .

Tom

Quick Reply: HVAC all messed up!