LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AI Cam Only Track Time...Finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by buzz12586
What you aren't taking into account there is the weight of the car. A lot of those bolt on record cars are probably about at 3000lb race weight. OPs car weighs in the 3500-3600lb range.
I am aware of that. The poster wanted to see a bolt-on cam only car trapping 118 though. That's what those cars are. In fact they are running stock cams. The record holder is damn near 119.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
yeah but if you were on the hwy he would eat you alive and his car is faster its just not quicker. Im imressed with his MPH. not everyone wants a drag car. Just my .02
I agree, wich was pretty much my point from the get go. And to the negative posters, why even post if you don't have anything good to say.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not saying his run wasn't good.

I was saying I'm not impressed.

I know he wasn't braggin about his ET as much as his potential.

But until it's realized I am not impressed.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWHO

I'm sure he's crushed to know that
Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not everyone takes there car to the track for ET.
BTW Im not even close to an AI nut hugger. For a full weight street car on street tires its fast, no doubt about it.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

You sure have been arguing a lot just to get that point across. Until it's realized? Who are you again? Mr. 13 second (JUST A LITTLE SIDE NOTE IT WAS DONE AT 1700' ELEVATION. CAN EVERYONE SEE THIS IN MY SIG? ARE YOU SURE? OKAY. THAT'S FANTASTIC. JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT WAS EXPLAINED WHY AND ALL..) what?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss rrr
you sure have been arguing a lot just to get that point across. Until it's realized? Who are you again? Mr. 13 second (just a little side note it was done at 1700' elevation. Can everyone see this in my sig? Are you sure? Okay. That's fantastic. Just wanted to make sure it was explained why and all..) what?
lmfao
Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol. I was going to post something like that but decided not to. Thanks for doing that SS RRR.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

It was just a few short years ago when there was a respect for those who delved into their engines to make them faster. Regardless of ET's most people were smart enough to figure out that if a LT1 f-body could MPH well then it had a serious potential turn a good ET, and in most instances that did become true due to driver seat time or taking the necessary steps with suspension/gears/stall/tire to harness the power. If the times were not impressive per se the **** talk was usually done by those who were running significantly quicker and faster or by those with similar mods. There were those who would make these silly "Not impressed cuz I've seen teh betterz over here and there and I read somewhere someone was faster over there and I've seen billiions of cars run faster than u. But even though I'm a broke dick and haven't done **** to my terd I'm still not impressed..." Those who would try to get all mouthy while running slower were considered ricers and would be heavily **** on. Especially when the only proof they had was some eyewitness account with some other obscure car while having no first hand experience themselves. The saying would then be brought up "... do your own mods to your own **** and then run your mouth..." and that would usually shut them up.
How times have changed...

Last edited by SS RRR; 04-15-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

well put sir!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
It was just a few short years ago when there was a respect for those who delved into their engines to make them faster. Regardless of ET's most people were smart enough to figure out that if a LT1 f-body could MPH well then it had a serious potential turn a good ET, and in most instances that did become true due to driver seat time or taking the necessary steps with suspension/gears/stall/tire to harness the power. If the times were not impressive per se the **** talk was usually done by those who were running significantly quicker and faster or by those with similar mods. There were those who would make these silly "Not impressed cuz I've seen teh betterz over here and there and I read somewhere someone was faster over there and I've seen billiions of cars run faster than u. But even though I'm a broke dick and haven't done **** to my terd I'm still not impressed..." Those who would try to get all mouthy while running slower were considered ricers and would be heavily **** on. Especially when the only proof they had was some eyewitness account with some other obscure car while having no first hand experience themselves. The saying would then be brought up "... do your own mods to your own **** and then run your mouth..." and that would usually shut them up.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
well put sir!
I'd like to second that. Well said SS RRR!!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol =)
Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Yep, and I remember when it was run what you brung. If your car didn't run it, then it didn't run it.

If he can turn out a better 60' WITH NO MORE MODS, then that's great. But he won't get my 60' without more done. Until then he's still a mid 12 car. (bolt on LT1s run mid 12s)

Last edited by LSWHO; 04-16-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, and I remember when it was run what you brung. If your car didn't run it, then it didn't run it.

So you are saying you would like to run the OPs car? Where are you located?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by buzz12586
So you are saying you would like to run the OPs car? Where are you located?
I never said that.

Clearly I'm a low 13 second car. Why race a mid 12 car? I already know the outcome.

Here's a thought. Have him race A TRUE low 12 second car. See what happens. (like yours)
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

And to the OP, Yes. I understand it's not setup for the track and it's not something everybody cares about. I fully understand this.

but why make this thread?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

What's sad is that this isn't even his fight.

It's all yours.

I wasn't downplaying his car I just wasn't jerking off over it. You are acting like I'm saying his car is garbage. I'm not.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's sad is that this isn't even his fight.

It's all yours.

I wasn't downplaying his car I just wasn't jerking off over it. You are acting like I'm saying his car is garbage. I'm not.
Hater.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Matts94Z28
Hater.
This site's reading comprehension is godFUCKINGawful.

Quick Reply: AI Cam Only Track Time...Finally