LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AI Cam Only Track Time...Finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Village Troll

Received 537 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Yep, and I remember when it was run what you brung. If your car didn't run it, then it didn't run it.
No one is arguing that.
If he can turn out a better 60' WITH NO MORE MODS, then that's great. But he won't get my 60' without more done. Until then he's still a mid 12 car. (bolt on LT1s run mid 12s)
Like I said, most people are smart enough to figure out that if a car mph's well then it has good potential to run a better ET. The very fact that his car makes more power will mean he will have to use a better tire and that's for starters. The power band has also changed. These aren't excuses. They are facts that have to be dealt with when changing the breathing characteristics of an air pump. Because you haven't explored this since you are still stock and slow then I understand your logic. The fact remains your **** doesn't need as much help with your "OMG I 60' TEH BETTERZ" since you aren't on the same power level. As far as your "run what you brung" statement, he would still **** all over your best effort on street tires. You can say "not impressed" all you want after cutting such a marvelous 60', you'd get reeled in and passed. Those are the kind of races that are fun to watch. Especially from those who mouth off about their slow junk and just how badass it does in a race...
Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
those who mouth off about their slow junk and just how badass it does in a race...
I'll paypal you $100 if you can quote me saying this.

People saying his car is capable to run low 12s and people saying the motor has POTENTIAL are two different things. The car can't do it. The motor can. This I am not arguing. You are an idiot if you tell me I am wrong.

I am done.

Learn to read.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Village Troll

You have been doing nothing but running off at the keyboard this entire thread.
I am one of those who fully believe it will run low 12's when set up correctly. You are the one jumping up and down like a little school girl begging for attention with a slow turd. You are the only one who cares about the fact that his car runs a shitty 60' time and you have "clearly" stated your turd to be superior at least in launching. That alone is enough to get the impression you are mouthing off how your **** is better.
Yes, you should be done with this because what you've stated means absolutely nothing. Hell if you and I lined up while I was on street tires I'm sure you'd beat me badly. Who the **** cares? You still run a 13 second pass.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, and I remember when it was run what you brung. If your car didn't run it, then it didn't run it.

If he can turn out a better 60' WITH NO MORE MODS, then that's great. But he won't get my 60' without more done. Until then he's still a mid 12 car. (bolt on LT1s run mid 12s)
Its kinda funny you think its my LACK of mods that is causing me this. Not trying to be a dick head or anything, but my coil overs alone retail for about $2500, so its not a matter of being able to do something or not. I could have easily have left the car black and gotten a 9 inch, then i coulda gotten WELD's or something instead of the TT2's, then i could have spent the money that my shocks cost on not just drag coilovers but i could have just about built my transmission and driveshaft with the extra money.

Key word to all of this was could...but i CHOSE otherwise, its just not my sport and all i wanted to do with this thread was simply show the capability of the AI camshaft i put in the car. If you noticed the title said "AI CAM ONLY TIMES", no where did i try and brag about the cars time, just simply showing the AI setup capabilities. You haven't pissed me off or anything, but it simply was a bit rude to just jump in and say "not impressed".

The sad thing right now is i would be willing to compete with you at ANY venture. Be it the 1/8th mile, 1/4mile, road course, autocross, anything, pick any of it. But thats your choice and this is my choice, im happy with my car and you're happy with yours. Just dont expect a welcoming reply when you jump in as if you're better
Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

You have been doing nothing but running off at the keyboard this entire thread.
I am one of those who fully believe it will run low 12's when set up correctly. You are the one jumping up and down like a little school girl begging for attention with a slow turd. You are the only one who cares about the fact that his car runs a shitty 60' time and you have "clearly" stated your turd to be superior at least in launching. That alone is enough to get the impression you are mouthing off how your **** is better.
Yes, you should be done with this because what you've stated means absolutely nothing. Hell if you and I lined up while I was on street tires I'm sure you'd beat me badly. Who the **** cares? You still run a 13 second pass.
Go read the bold. Remember me?? lol. Now go get your Honda clown shoes on boy. Show me a timeslip for that! period. No, coulda shoulda woulda willdosomeday bullshit. Show me slip for that, until then wear your import clown shoes, lol.

SS RRR you are a ******* HYPOCRITE
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by joelster
Go read the bold. Remember me?? lol. Now go get your Honda clown shoes on boy. Show me a timeslip for that! period. No, coulda shoulda woulda willdosomeday bullshit. Show me slip for that, until then wear your import clown shoes, lol.

SS RRR you are a ******* HYPOCRITE
Yes I can never forget whiney girls who scream for more and more attention, however it is rather difficult to decipher through your cryptic bullshit. What timeslip for what and how am I a "******* HYPOCRITE?" What exactly are you blubbering about?

Last edited by SS RRR; 04-16-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Until then he's still a mid 12 car. (bolt on LT1s run mid 12s)

Then why doesn't yours?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by gregrob
Then why doesn't yours?
osnap
Old 04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gregrob
Then why doesn't yours?
Gee whiz. I guess I could throw a few more bolt ons on there.

Let's see...

Better gears
EWP
Rockers
ls1 driveshaft
free mods
suspension
LT4 KM

Wonder what that could get me.

OH SNAP!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

The sad thing is that in that whole list there are only a couple things that are really going to help.

Gears...been skeptical on this, haven't seen huge gains here but you might cut a .1 there, assuming you're on the more common 3.23's now and not 2.73's

LS1 DS is a very very small improvement, not going to see a .1 drop from that

EWP...umm yea, not all they're cut up to be

Rockers...also not really a big improvement on a stock cam

Free Mods...unless you're planning on weight reduction, not going to really see improvemetns there either

LT4 KM...if you're car is pulling timing on stock motor, you have other issues

Suspension...without more power, you're not going to get too much better the a 1.82, might drop a .1 there

So overall man, you MIGHT...just MIGHT break into the 12's. So you might not want to get your hopes up too much with that list that is sure to severely disappoint you in your quest for 12's. So how about i return the favor...

"Not impressed"
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Village Troll

Gee whiz. I guess I could throw a few more bolt ons on there.
"If I did this, I'd run this. If this had happened I'd run this.... blah blah blah."
Could you make up your mind?
Old 04-18-2009, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1mean96ss
Your full bolt-ons and cammed running 12.80's I run that and im geared, stalled and exhaust.
thank you!
my mph wasnt as good as his, but the car isnt impressive.
i wasnt going to be a dick but no i am.
my car was dropped with the eibach pro kit at the time with no other suspension mods. so you can hook way better than i ever could. i was on 555rs also.
i didnt have rockers if that helps
Old 04-18-2009, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by zlover129
Its kinda funny you think its my LACK of mods that is causing me this. Not trying to be a dick head or anything, but my coil overs alone retail for about $2500, so its not a matter of being able to do something or not. I could have easily have left the car black and gotten a 9 inch, then i coulda gotten WELD's or something instead of the TT2's, then i could have spent the money that my shocks cost on not just drag coilovers but i could have just about built my transmission and driveshaft with the extra money.

Key word to all of this was could...but i CHOSE otherwise, its just not my sport and all i wanted to do with this thread was simply show the capability of the AI camshaft i put in the car. If you noticed the title said "AI CAM ONLY TIMES", no where did i try and brag about the cars time, just simply showing the AI setup capabilities. You haven't pissed me off or anything, but it simply was a bit rude to just jump in and say "not impressed".

The sad thing right now is i would be willing to compete with you at ANY venture. Be it the 1/8th mile, 1/4mile, road course, autocross, anything, pick any of it. But thats your choice and this is my choice, im happy with my car and you're happy with yours. Just dont expect a welcoming reply when you jump in as if you're better

ok if you have your car setup for road racing then dont brag about 1/4 times.
and if you want to go down the 1/4 dont spend that kinda money on road racing suspension.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
ok if you have your car setup for road racing then dont brag about 1/4 times.
and if you want to go down the 1/4 dont spend that kinda money on road racing suspension.

error 404 - bragging not found.

Tell you what - let him manage his wallet, and you manage yours.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't see the OPs post as bragging. He was simply posting what the car ran as information for other people. Isn't that what these forums are all about, information?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by buzz12586
I didn't see the OPs post as bragging. He was simply posting what the car ran as information for other people.
Yep. If anything it was the other donkeys who were bragging.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zlover129
Gears...been skeptical on this, haven't seen huge gains here but you might cut a .1 there, assuming you're on the more common 3.23's now and not 2.73's

LS1 DS is a very very small improvement, not going to see a .1 drop from that

EWP...umm yea, not all they're cut up to be

Rockers...also not really a big improvement on a stock cam

Free Mods...unless you're planning on weight reduction, not going to really see improvemetns there either

LT4 KM...if you're car is pulling timing on stock motor, you have other issues

Suspension...without more power, you're not going to get too much better the a 1.82, might drop a .1 there

So overall man, you MIGHT...just MIGHT break into the 12's. So you might not want to get your hopes up too much with that list that is sure to severely disappoint you in your quest for 12's. So how about i return the favor...

"Not impressed"
Yes, the majority of the things on there won't help. But if you think gears, EWP, and ESPECIALLY rockers won't help, then you need to read a book.

Next you'll be telling me that headers don't help on a stock cam either.

Could you make up your mind?
You guys are reaching. Seriously.

He asked why my bolt ons weren't performing. I simply showed how many I have left to do and that I'm nowhere close to full bolt ons.

You want to argue about bolt on LT1s ability to hit mid 12s? Really? REALLY?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Yep. If anything it was the other donkeys who were bragging.
I agree he wasn't bragging (a cammed car running 12.8 isn't something you brag about).

But I still don't understand why make a post about 1/4 mile times in a car not setup for it?

And why get bent out of shape when somebody says they aren't impressed?

If you weren't expecting good times and you DIDN'T GET GOOD TIMES, then why be upset when somebody simply says, "I am not impressed." ????????
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Village Troll

You guys are reaching. Seriously.
He asked why my bolt ons weren't performing. I simply showed how many I have left to do and that I'm nowhere close to full bolt ons.

You want to argue about bolt on LT1s ability to hit mid 12s? Really? REALLY?
There is no argument here. You "simply" showed him you were being a hypocrite. It's all right here in the thread. You wouldn't let the OP have excuses yet now you are trying to excuse yours for being a turd.
I agree he wasn't bragging (a cammed car running 12.8 isn't something you brag about).

But I still don't understand why make a post about 1/4 mile times in a car not setup for it?

And why get bent out of shape when somebody says they aren't impressed?

If you weren't expecting good times and you DIDN'T GET GOOD TIMES, then why be upset when somebody simply says, "I am not impressed." ????????
No one is upset. It's just one of those things that if you're going to say something like that then be consistent. When the table turned all of the sudden you felt you had to defend your car and were getting worked up and wanting to take your ball out of the sandbox and stomp off...

Quick Reply: AI Cam Only Track Time...Finally