LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ozite light weight carpet, what do you think????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozite light weight carpet, what do you think????

Well I got rid of all of my carpet and it's down to bare metal and wires every where. I really can't believe how nice my floor boards are really from stories of heard of discovering rust, holes and all of that kind of stuff. Mine looks brand new! Anyway, Stated above how does everyone feel about this Ozite carpet that have used it? It seems fairly cheap and some pics of install turned out really nice. Just wondering how big of a pain it really is. It kind of looks like speaker box carpet so I'm wondering how it will hold up with use, shoes, and people getting in and out of it. Also what kind of glue should one use to tack it down with? Inputs and suggestion would be great, thanks steve!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
Well I got rid of all of my carpet and it's down to bare metal and wires every where. I really can't believe how nice my floor boards are really from stories of heard of discovering rust, holes and all of that kind of stuff. Mine looks brand new! Anyway, Stated above how does everyone feel about this Ozite carpet that have used it? It seems fairly cheap and some pics of install turned out really nice. Just wondering how big of a pain it really is. It kind of looks like speaker box carpet so I'm wondering how it will hold up with use, shoes, and people getting in and out of it. Also what kind of glue should one use to tack it down with? Inputs and suggestion would be great, thanks steve!
Go to the drag racing tech section. There will be lots of threads discussing it in there. It is a great way to shave about 30lbs off of the car.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat.question how do you guys make it around the sides and over the power seat wires and all that?