Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wtf is a borla mouth.

There's an slp loudmouth, 1 and 2.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

a borlamouth is when you take a borla XR1 muffler and put it where the loudmouth resonator is
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No clip, but I can say it was the absoloute BEST 'race' sounding LT1 setup I have ever heard/owned...

Fitment was a PITA, but it does fit. I used 2 stainless band-clamps, and got it to fit with no floorboard banging...

It does sit low, and makes it the lowest point under the car, which was really the only concern...

No rasp, like with the loudmouths resonator, and gets really loud at WOT. Idle wasn't bad, but it definitely had a 'race' tone to it... I liked it WAYYY more than the ***-sound GMMG chambered setup...

I figured you could add 2 more smaller straight through XR1s after the Y-section in back, but ended up selling the car before I could do that. I figured with 2 more added it would be barely noticeable at idle and still have a good sound without the NASCAR loudness at WOT...

Honestly, if I was building another LT1, I would end up going for a destroked 327 or somesuch that would rev to the moon, and a Borlamouth with 3 XR1s as the exhaust. Would sound hellacious spinning 8000rpm...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
No clip, but I can say it was the absoloute BEST 'race' sounding LT1 setup I have ever heard/owned...

Fitment was a PITA, but it does fit. I used 2 stainless band-clamps, and got it to fit with no floorboard banging...

It does sit low, and makes it the lowest point under the car, which was really the only concern...

No rasp, like with the loudmouths resonator, and gets really loud at WOT. Idle wasn't bad, but it definitely had a 'race' tone to it... I liked it WAYYY more than the ***-sound GMMG chambered setup...

I figured you could add 2 more smaller straight through XR1s after the Y-section in back, but ended up selling the car before I could do that. I figured with 2 more added it would be barely noticeable at idle and still have a good sound without the NASCAR loudness at WOT...

Honestly, if I was building another LT1, I would end up going for a destroked 327 or somesuch that would rev to the moon, and a Borlamouth with 3 XR1s as the exhaust. Would sound hellacious spinning 8000rpm...
i take it you had LTs/ORY
Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast

Holy Crap is it a full moon or something a post from T/A that isnt a blatant attack
Old 05-13-2009, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

So not to get too far off topic, but would putting either an XR1 or resonator in front of the axle help quiet down my Mid-length headers/ORY/Magnaflow without choking my HP?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx
Holy Crap is it a full moon or something a post from T/A that isn't a blatant attack
LOL well he did attack the great sounding GMMG
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by toy96ta
So not to get too far off topic, but would putting either an XR1 or resonator in front of the axle help quiet down my Mid-length headers/ORY/Magnaflow without choking my HP?
You can add a XR1 in that area, it all comes down to tweaking the piping to get it to fit.

And, yes, it will quiet down the same rasp and obnoxiousness that the Magnaflow has. The Magnaflow has a 180 degree diverter from tehinlet to the passenger side exit pipe. That is where the rasp and 'obnoxiousness' comes from. For a buddy we did a 'poor mans Borla' where we cut that pipe, added a 3-bolt flange and he custom ordered an electric cutout to fit.

Worked great, and had a nice tone when closed off...

And, sorry, from a personal opinion standpoint, I think the GMMG makes our cars try to sound like an old-school musclecar, but it is just obnoxious and sounds like ***, to me at least.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

heres a clip on my car. 3.5' xr1

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=CIMG0523.flv

SETUP:
Pacesetter LTs, 3' ORY, in line (of course) 3.5' xr1 in place of the resonator

Last edited by Chevyguy358; 05-13-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by toy96ta
the x-r1 is 1 of the highest flowing mufflers out there
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Changing my loudmouth to a borla mouth love that sound
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Changes sound, elimnated rasp, I have seen people run then in conjuction with a regular muffler on Borla cat backs, no loss in performance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 Borlamouth