LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I meant by smooth elbow was one like the trick flow for instance. Has no ribs on the elbow or a silencer. Has a smooth look to it. Sorry for the confusion. lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
What I meant by smooth elbow was one like the trick flow for instance. Has no ribs on the elbow or a silencer. Has a smooth look to it. Sorry for the confusion. lol.
No confusion here because I dont know jack bought the LTx motor anyways.
I just learned it was part of the sbc family but revered cooled .

LT1 heads and vortec are they the same? Intake, exhaust, ect?
Is that pic a Carb intake custom made? Where do you buy things like that?
And is that a ford in that pic?

Last edited by Anthony0908; 05-15-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The carb intake conversions are overdone and in a lot of cases poorly choosen, forget anyone mentioned it.

The Vortec heads are based on the LT1 iton heads from the b-body. Threy are not the same though the LT1 has a dry intake the Vortecs have coolant in them, one MAJOR difference right there.

The pic of the fancy engine is all totally custom and again should be ignored nothing there you need to consider. It is an LT1 though.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
The carb intake conversions are overdone and in a lot of cases poorly choosen, forget anyone mentioned it.

The Vortec heads are based on the LT1 iton heads from the b-body. Threy are not the same though the LT1 has a dry intake the Vortecs have coolant in them, one MAJOR difference right there.

The pic of the fancy engine is all totally custom and again should be ignored nothing there you need to consider. It is an LT1 though.
Fancy picture was just to show what a single plane intake was, none of the other stuff is necessary.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya its nice to day dream .
Well thank you every one ill grab a few bolt ons and start planing my motor build .
I have allot of reading to do.
Thankful Every one who contributed and for the kind hellos.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:54 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
You do realize that, even though they are ribbed on the outside, the stock elbows, and the 1LE, are smooth on the inside? If someone were going to replace the stock elbow, I would suggest the 1LE.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You've got some good info here already. Just take your time and do some research, and DON'T believe even half of what you read on the net. Call and talk to some builders and pm some of the more knowledgeable/experienced people on here before you just believe when someone says "that's junk" or "xyz is the best"

Kind of like when someone comes on here right after they bought the edelbrock "lt4 conversion" lol

I have a moroso cai and trickflow elbow I would part with if you decide to go that way.

Welcome!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BTC
You do realize that, even though they are ribbed on the outside, the stock elbows, and the 1LE, are smooth on the inside? If someone were going to replace the stock elbow, I would suggest the 1LE.
Yes, I do realize that. I was just simply saying that an aftermarket elbow just has a much smoother look to it. That and it doesn't have silencer on it. That's all. That's why I called it a smooth elbow....it just has a much nicer look compared to the stock one and the 1le.