LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

went to the track yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
1.99ish is about average, but nothing spectacular to make it seem that the car should be in the 12's as it sits in this weather. Once he tosses in a stall and gets better weather then you'll get some great 60's times and hit solid 12's. The car could probably hit a 12 at Atco in cool weather, but it'd take an very cold day at Lebanon and they aren't open in the winter.

I think alot of the people get spoiled by the bolt-on cars that are totally set up, lightened, and post their best times on their best day under the best conditions.

You don't have to be "totally set up" to get into the 12's with his mods and M/T's stickies. A "totally setup" car should be in the bottom 12's/high 11's. I didn't notice the O.P. was on the stock converter though, that's going to be the kicker.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

I agree, just wanted to see as it tends to vary from some to people to others on the heads/cam being bolt on. Basically, that is what my car is putting down to the rear wheels...exactly why I asked. Hehe...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
You don't have to be "totally set up" to get into the 12's with his mods and M/T's stickies. A "totally setup" car should be in the bottom 12's/high 11's. I didn't notice the O.P. was on the stock converter though, that's going to be the kicker.
The bolt-on cars going bottom 12's and high 11's are not full weight cars. The OP's car is running exactly where it should be based on the mods and weather. A stall will help, but he's not going to start running a second faster with it.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:34 AM
9 Second Club

The bolt-on cars going bottom 12's and high 11's are not full weight cars.
When did I ever say those sub 12/11-second cars were full weight?

The OP's car is running exactly where it should be based on the mods and weather. A stall will help, but he's not going to start running a second faster with it.
I assume you've owned and raced an LT1 car before. I've owned 7, several of them bolt-on cars in their early stages. Even you yourself said in better conditions he could go quicker, but he is definitely limited with the stock converter. A good quality stall can shave off a half second and put him the O.P.'s car in the solid 12's.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 PM

The only reason I mentioned the fast ones is because I believe that alot of people read about some bolt-on cars that have gone low 12's and think that they should all do it. Even the best ones won't do it at a slow track or on a hot day.

I've owned more than one LT1 in various stages of modification and I've raced every one.

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Even still, a 1.9 60' is pretty darn good. With your mods and launch ability you should be in the 12's, especially on sticky tires. Something doesn't seem right, which is typical for an LT1.
In your original post you never said anything about the weather, just that the OP should be in the 12's. I agree that a stall could put him there as the car sits, in the current weather, but since he doesn't have one he's exactly where he should be. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to let the OP know that there's nothing wrong with the way his car is running as you have implied.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 05-25-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Shutzero i ran a 13.4 at 100mph (mph is a little low) with mods i n my sig. i have stock suspension and on shitty street tires. i had a 2.0 60ft time. i would check to see there might be something up with your car. my car shifts a 6k also

Quick Reply: went to the track yesterday