LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

WTF is going on with this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is going on with this!!!

So ive been having starting issues lately with my new car. It ran like a raped ape the first few days now it will start fine cold but once its been running for awhile not a chance in hell of getting it to start. I thought it was the ICM but i did the mod and moved it off the head and it still does it. So the other day i was going to replace my opti (thinking its the overall culprit) so i started my car and backed it into the garage. when i went and popped the hood i realized that the elbow wasnt installed and neither the IAT or the MAF were hooked up. Thing started just fine, idled just fine, and ran just fine without anything hooked up. Last time i checked if you unplug the MAF while running the car usually dies....but not this one. So i am replacing the MAF to see if that fixes the problem otherwise im going to still do the opti. Car is a 95 Z28 with a solid roller 396, 11:7 comp, AFR 210's, MSD 6AL. Any and all help will be much appreciated guys/gals
Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daves94formula
So ive been having starting issues lately with my new car. It ran like a raped ape the first few days now it will start fine cold but once its been running for awhile not a chance in hell of getting it to start. I thought it was the ICM but i did the mod and moved it off the head and it still does it. So the other day i was going to replace my opti (thinking its the overall culprit) so i started my car and backed it into the garage. when i went and popped the hood i realized that the elbow wasnt installed and neither the IAT or the MAF were hooked up. Thing started just fine, idled just fine, and ran just fine without anything hooked up. Last time i checked if you unplug the MAF while running the car usually dies....but not this one. So i am replacing the MAF to see if that fixes the problem otherwise im going to still do the opti. Car is a 95 Z28 with a solid roller 396, 11:7 comp, AFR 210's, MSD 6AL. Any and all help will be much appreciated guys/gals
Why weren't they hooked up?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because i took off my elbow to check how dirty the throttle body was, and also to see if the MAF was descreened or not. (which it wasnt and was filthy as all hell)

Quick Reply: WTF is going on with this!!!