LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Normal LT1 operating temps??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have a 94 z car when sitting fluctuates at 230 had brand new pump and 160 thermostat . Also brand new rad cap just picked up a brand new radiator figured it should help also wanna do the fan switch mod but the way the shbox sight says to do it doesn't work for me . So I wanted to know if anybody did it any other way or anything like I spliced into the power wire going to the fan and took that wire and ran it to the radio fuse fans came right on can I just do it like that with a switch in the middle? Or just run them all the time and not take chances... Any thoughts please
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28akagluemaker
Yeah I have a 94 z car when sitting fluctuates at 230 had brand new pump and 160 thermostat . Also brand new rad cap just picked up a brand new radiator figured it should help also wanna do the fan switch mod but the way the shbox sight says to do it doesn't work for me . So I wanted to know if anybody did it any other way or anything like I spliced into the power wire going to the fan and took that wire and ran it to the radio fuse fans came right on can I just do it like that with a switch in the middle? Or just run them all the time and not take chances... Any thoughts please
Why does it not work for you? It lets the fans still operate normally when you don't override them with the switch. Running power to the fans is a good way to have a wiring meltdown.

Quick Reply: Normal LT1 operating temps??