LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cars to loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar5822
Damn some of you are ******, it's called common courtesy, nobody wants to be woken up just because you want your car to be loud as ****. Just keep in mind if you **** them off bad enough your car will likely get damaged in some manner and you won't have a clue as to who it was. That being said, my best combo in the past was longtubes, no cats, stock ws6 muffler, and an electric cutout. Cutout CLOSED when neighbors are trying to sleep.
I'm sure some 80 year old geriatric is gonna slash his tires

there are alot of old people that are just angry at the world and have nothing better to do than sit in on HOA meetings and create new laws to give themselves a sense of fufillment.

the guy has a full catback on his car, it's not like he's running open headers or dumps, so IMO the neighbors are just being dicks.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say deafen them further. Take off the muffler and run open headers for a week or so, and let them all get extremely pissed off. When they complain again, just put your magnaflow back on. PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
I dunno about everyone who is saying the aerochamber is quiet? My car is louder than ****, could be my LT's and no cat's but my hooker catback is obnoxious lol...
Yea i dont know why people are saying hooker catback is quiet eithet? Mine is loud as hell!! I personally love the sound of it as well. Its a cheap great sounding catback
Old 06-24-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon

there are alot of old people that are just angry at the world and have nothing better to do than sit in on HOA meetings and create new laws to give themselves a sense of fufillment.

the guy has a full catback on his car, it's not like he's running open headers or dumps, so IMO the neighbors are just being dicks.

+1, unless the OP is like doing full throttle into his development and into the driveway... then thats not his exhaust being too loud thats him being a *****
Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Just like an 88 yr old wouldn't shoot up a museum? You'd be surprised what old people are capable of, they are some of the most spiteful and revengeful around. And where did you learn to read? "i have mac mids no cat and a magnaflow straight through" also I think a cam MIGHT make a difference in noise
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

either A tell them to shove it, or B get a non bad *** sports car to drive. I think we will all agree here that option A is the def choice here.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Cam makes the car louder?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha thanks for the replys guys i got a good laugh on some of them. the car doesnt see above 2k in my parking lot only because i know ill get shot at by someone lol i ordered yesterday a powerstick to put in the I pipe and a cutout for before > should be in tomorrow or friday and installed on saturday. i was kinda leaning towards quieting down abit because no one ever wants to run me except for my friends lol. i dont have Any droan what so ever. i hope adding the second muffler wont cause that to happen ill find out soon tho!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nik1703
Cam makes the car louder?
Yes, ask around.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do a dumped 4"?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Just like an 88 yr old wouldn't shoot up a museum? You'd be surprised what old people are capable of, they are some of the most spiteful and revengeful around. And where did you learn to read? "i have mac mids no cat and a magnaflow straight through" also I think a cam MIGHT make a difference in noise
just because some random psychopathic senile old **** shot up a museum doesn't mean your average shuffleboard playing, lotto card slinging senior citizen has the habbits of a juvenille delinquent, maybe next you'll tell me old man rivers is gonna leave a flaming bag of dog poo on his door step and ring the bell. when old people don't like something they write letters, vote, and call the cops, it's what they do.

also magnaflow IS a straight through muffler by design just like the hooker and pretty much every muffler that isn't chambered like a flowmaster

Originally Posted by Magnaflow Website
THE WIDE OPEN PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE!
MagnaFlow Performance mufflers are 100% stainless steel and lap-joint welded for solid construction and rugged reliability even in the most extreme conditions. They feature a free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core, stainless mesh wrap and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone. Mufflers are packed tight with this acoustical material unlike some others' products to ensure long life and no sound degradation over time. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.

^Description from the Magnaflow website for your reading pleasure
Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, ask around.
the idle and that's about it
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

just because some random psychopathic senile old **** shot up a museum doesn't mean your average shuffleboard playing, lotto card slinging senior citizen has the habbits of a juvenille delinquent, maybe next you'll tell me old man rivers is gonna leave a flaming bag of dog poo on his door step and ring the bell. when old people don't like something they write letters, vote, and call the cops, it's what they do.

also magnaflow IS a straight through muffler by design just like the hooker and pretty much every muffler that isn't chambered like a flowmaster

^Description from the Magnaflow website for your reading pleasure
Crime doesn't stop with age, and I doubt that he's the only person living there under retirement age to begin with. Also, I know how the magnaflow design works, and it depends on the packing material and age of it as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

you posted like it was a bullet or glasspack, it's a full size muffler

also for a comparison of Hooker vs Magnaflow catbacks, here's a perfect video to give you an idea of the difference in volume which is little to none
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXpD8p25wAk
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

you posted like it was a bullet or glasspack, it's a full size muffler

also for a comparison of Hooker vs Magnaflow catbacks, here's a perfect video to give you an idea of the difference in volume which is little to none
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXpD8p25wAk
I copied and pasted from the OP, and I never said anything about a difference between those two brands, but thanks for the effort anyway, I'll stick with my borla with e-cutout .
Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

the second part was directed towards the op, sorry for the confusion
Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Launching!

im running LT's and an offroad y-pipe....no muffler...lol. My neighbors hate me probably haha
Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell them to stroke the shaft, tickle the *****, and swallow your gravy

Or to STFU and get over it
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ramair95ta
the aerochamber is a very good sounding muffler. You can buy just the muffler sure, but i'd just buy the whole catback and call it a day.
it been discontinue, only can buy mufler now.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

^according to summit's website you can still order the catback

Quick Reply: Cars to loud