LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

having some issues with my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default having some issues with my camaro

Well i was driving down the highway the other day and i was about to pass someone. I pressed on the gas and kicked in the passing gear then all of a sudden the car started studdering real bad. I would let of the gas and it would be ok. I had put some 93 oct. gas in it before i got on the highway as well. when i parked the car, i let it sit for a little bit. I came back and it was fine for about 15 mins and then it started again. Later that evening it went into opend loop and it began to run fine. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Any ideas fellas?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
Well i was driving down the highway the other day and i was about to pass someone. I pressed on the gas and kicked in the passing gear then all of a sudden the car started studdering real bad. I would let of the gas and it would be ok. I had put some 93 oct. gas in it before i got on the highway as well. when i parked the car, i let it sit for a little bit. I came back and it was fine for about 15 mins and then it started again. Later that evening it went into opend loop and it began to run fine. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Any ideas fellas?
Any codes?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mine used to to that because of bad plugs/opti
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

no i dont have a way to pull codes. I dont think its the plugs, they are only a year old. Im not sure about the opti though. Im kinda afraid thats what it might be.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you have to floor it to get it going?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it may be a bad plug wire or opti? I look at those to issues first.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like the same problem I have... Turns out to bethat mine has the Hi-Res Signal (threw the SES light and had it scanned) to the Opticrap in which is the optical unit itself... I'm bought a new unit, I'll let you know
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
Same problem Im having now. Took it to the dealership they found no codes. Told me to try replacing the plugs and wired so Im in the middle of that now. I hope it fixes it because this job is kickin my @ss:bang
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

keep me updated on your probs guys. As soon as i get of work today im going to start chasing them down.

Quick Reply: having some issues with my camaro