Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh SNAP!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by White97z28
Well I tried to fire it up over the weekend....All I get is Crank crank crank crank, only fault code is P1336, which is to be expected. Guess I need to see if the injectors are getting a signal, which they should be as I am getting a spark signal. Timing was triple checked before buttoning it all up. Thinking about it is making my head hurt.....
P1336 is a Crank Learn DTC. It simply means that the crank variation is not learned in the PCM. When you get the engine running you should perform a Crank Learn using a scan tool capable (like EFILive or a GM Tech2).

Troubleshooting Tips
Determine if the PCM has power by turning the key to ON and listen for the fuel pump to prime. If the pump primes, then the PCM has power.

Check for spark on all cylinders. If you have spark on all cylinders then...
  • the crank signal is okay
  • your scan tool should show engine RPM while cranking
  • the fuel pump relay is being commanded to run

Check the fuel pump operation during crank. Do you have fuel pressure?

With a noid light, check to see that all injectors are firing.

Keep us updated.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Launching!

So what ended up being the problem? Would like to know since I am putting this system on this winter.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure yet, messed with it a little bit the other day but have been really busy lately with some other things (New Job,Daily Driver problems).

I do see RPM on the scan tool, but possible not enough to get it to fire over, only seeing like 120-130RPM when cranking. It almost sounded like it wanted to fire when I would crank on it for an extended period of time. I do have fuel pressure to the rails but haven't checked with a noid light that they are actually firing off, although I do have a pulse width for them showing on the scan tool. I know it has spark on one cylinder but haven't had a second person around to help check the rest. The code I am not worried about as I will run the relearn once its up and running.

I do have to say though that the customer service I have recieved from Mike is top notch, about 2 min after he posted he called me and we chatted for a short time tossing idea's around. Letting me know to call him on his cell while he is out for a few days and let him know what is going on with it. A call like that makes you know everything will be ok because the person selling the product does care!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's good to know they stand behind their prodouct and are willing to help because I already have the basic kit and the 02 PCM and I just ordered the custom wiring harness and LS2 coils. I should be installing my new engine in about 3 weeks so I'm subscribing to this thread.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm eager to hear how this goes

I'm getting my friend at the local junk yard to hook me up
Old 11-01-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Regular

Back in town now (and back in the shop on Monday). We spent the last few days at TPIS to dyno a 396ci LT1; first with MSD opti, hi output coil, and LT1 PCM. After swapping to the 24x equipment we picked up 15hp peak.

Not bad considering the LS1 PCM swap is about a more tunable controller and reliable ignition system and not (advertised) as a power adder. The RoadRunner PCM (Moates.net) and EFILive made tuning a quick process.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Moates ROCKS!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After swapping to the 24x equipment we picked up 15hp peak.
I could see that, for those of you that are searching for coils, might want to look into the truck coils. I have seen some graphs show gains, and some not, but still may be a good way to go.

My car made this swap for several reasons, but I had some problems out of my old ignition setup. Still made 53Xrwhp on 6 cylinders with no meth, and unlocked converter. Its getting cooler outside now here, hopefully it wont be too much longer
Old 11-19-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Update please
Old 01-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Anything? Throw me a bone. lol
Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

<---Also White97z28

Car has been sitting at the house due to the winter. It will be coming up to the shop as soon as we get some other projects done and space available inside the shop. I have no new updates regarding the system. I'm fairly certain it is some small little detail or computer issue that is keeping it from starting and nothing that would considered Mike's fault. He has been great so far.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

We have installed 3 of these kits so far. This kit is the best replacement for the opti. The ones we have done were on nonrunning cars, dead opti's. So nwe do not have before and after dyno #'s. GM high tech has an article in this month and last months issues on this kit.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a spring of bad luck economically, but I should be up and going soon, so that means the car should be too.
Got a new converter, new intake, and LSx pcm, hell yea
Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S10Wildside
P1336 is a Crank Learn DTC. It simply means that the crank variation is not learned in the PCM. When you get the engine running you should perform a Crank Learn using a scan tool capable (like EFILive or a GM Tech2).
Can this be done with HPtuners?

Dennis
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am running out of tuning options here in the houston area, and this kit looks attractive. My only concern is passing emissions with it. I am starting with an OBD2 car and would be testing with a OBD2 car after conversion. I dont see a big deal, but would like to know for sure.

EDIT:

After doing some research, you can upgrade in TX as long you put on emissions equipment that was present at the time of your year vehicle. I am guessing this applies to OBD type as well, but might not.
Here are the rules listed :http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/Misc/faq/engine.html

Last edited by 97LT1; 01-12-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also they they have a 58x setup that enables you to use drive by wire throttle body. I wonder how the wiring conversion is different on that setup.

I also wonder how much the drive by wire throttle body setup improves throttle control, and if it eliminates the IAC valve?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Ok guys i have a 94 ta, obdi, my concerns are:
How are you tuning these, through the original data port (ie those with obdi cars), or do you have to change the data port as well, and does the parts to do this come in the wiring kit? How does the new ls1 computer work in controling the factory cruise control, or would i have to swap to the dbw type to retain cruise, and ac functions is also a concern of mine. I am also on the brink of ordering, but need some confirmation on some of these issues.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 97LT1
I also they they have a 58x setup that enables you to use drive by wire throttle body. I wonder how the wiring conversion is different on that setup.
The 24x conversion allows drive by wire throttle as well. It requires an LS1/LS6 Corvette Throttle Actuator Control module and pedal assembly. This is the equipment in my S10.

The 58x conversion is ONLY drive by wire as the Gen IV ECMs do not have an idle air control driver...and the TPS input is different (two signals). Gen IV ECMs have the throttle controller built in.

I also wonder how much the drive by wire throttle body setup improves throttle control, and if it eliminates the IAC valve?
Being that the throttle blade can more quickly adjust than an IAC valve, nasty cams can be better tuned at idle with drive by wire.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT1STROKER
Ok guys i have a 94 ta, obdi, my concerns are:
How are you tuning these, through the original data port (ie those with obdi cars), or do you have to change the data port as well, and does the parts to do this come in the wiring kit?
EFILive (http://www.efilive.com), HP Tuners (http://www.hptuners.com), or LS1Edit (http://www.carputing.com).

The LS1 PCM is recalibrated through the serial data line connected to the PCM...in other words through the OBDII diagnostic connector. An OBDII diagnostic connector is required (and included) for the 94-95 F-Body guys who are reworking thier own harnesses.

How does the new ls1 computer work in controling the factory cruise control, or would i have to swap to the dbw type to retain cruise
The 4th gen F-Body cars have a Cruise Control Module that handles the operation of cruise control. The cruise module has inputs from the multifunction level on the steering column...
  • Cruise ON/OFF input
  • Set/Coast Input
  • Resume/Accel Input
The cruise module also receives a signal from the brake switch to disable cruise when the brake pedal is depressed.

The cruise module uses a mechanical cable to pull the throttle linkage for accel/decel.

The cruise module requires a 4,000 pulse per mile VSS signal from the LT1 PCM for operation. The good news is that the speedometer uses this same circuit for operation. Simply calibrate the LS1 PCM for your tire size, gear ratio, and VSS type (in other words get your speedometer scaling correctly) and cruise control is automatically taken care of.

Cruise control remains functional for cable driven throttle cars after the LS1 PCM conversion.

and ac functions is also a concern of mine.
A/C functions properly with the LS1 PCM. The only thing that looks questionable at first glance is the fact that the LS1 cars do not use the A/C Evaporator Temp Sensor in the EVAP housing underneath the dash. This is a three wire connector with BLUE, GRAY, and BLACK wires. This is NOT NEEDED for proper operation of A/C control with LS1PCM...however, the LT1 PCM wants to see it. The LS1 PCM does not. Otherwise, the A/C systems are identical in function.

A/C remains fully functional after the LS1 PCM conversion.

Last edited by S10Wildside; 02-18-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Install EFI connection LSX PCM