LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Did OTVC last night...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
Where do you get the wire separators for the OVC setup? I've been thinking about switching to them, just for a little less worries, and to organize and clean-up the engine bay a little.
Those are thunderracing's wire seperators and msd wires. Trust me get MSDs, the taylor wires that thunderracing sells are a PITA to get the opti boots on.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took me probably a few hours. I don't have any pics but I routed them just like this except with MSD wires. If you use the made 4 you looms with MSD wires (I did) you will probably want to drill them out just a tiny bit. Otherwise they don't go around the wires quite right because they are meant for 7-8mm. No big deal though. Doesn't take a full minute on each one.

http://www.lt1engine.com/tech/how-to...e-cover-wires/
Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28Roxy
Those are thunderracing's wire seperators and msd wires. Trust me get MSDs, the taylor wires that thunderracing sells are a PITA to get the opti boots on.
Yeah, that's what I planned on doing. But, the only separators I could find, were bundled with the Taylors, on Thunderracing's website.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you guys running the wires on the passenger side down to get to the Opti? Also, are you guys doing this with a stock replacement wire kit or do you need some kind of make it yourself kit? I know the boots and connectors are different on the Opti that's why I'm asking.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yeah, that's what I planned on doing. But, the only separators I could find, were bundled with the Taylors, on Thunderracing's website.
You can buy them separately; they are under spark plug wire accessories.

Originally Posted by SS#502
Where are you guys running the wires on the passenger side down to get to the Opti? Also, are you guys doing this with a stock replacement wire kit or do you need some kind of make it yourself kit? I know the boots and connectors are different on the Opti that's why I'm asking.
Behind the power steering pump.

They are make it yourself. Taylor makes a set and so does MSD. I think a few other companies like Accel make them too.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The looms Thunderracing sells are Made-4-You looms. Same stuff.

I picked up a cut to length kit of MSD's for 40 bucks yesterday at the auto store. It was 90 bucks but when he rang it up he adjusted it to 40 who knows why but I'm not complaining! Of course I still had to buy the Opti boots at 12 bucks per pair. But still under 100 bucks for cut to length wires. Now all I need to pick up are looms.

Last edited by JohnnyFormula; 08-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I picked up the seperators from Summit Racing. They are Made 4 You ones and I used SBC msd wires and put the LT1 ends on them.

Quick Reply: Did OTVC last night...